The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Hala Madrid! What a performance! Once again just completely nullified Pep and his ideas, he had no answer for it, absolutely nothing. Real took advantage on set pieces and exploited the counter to perfection once again. Could have been more but they knew tie was in the bag and went easy.

Gutted for Alonso, should have know better but that's football, heat of the moment. Could see his regret and agony the moment the contact was made, must be a horrific feeling.

It was great to finally see someone take care of Robben. HE CUTS INSIDE EVERY TIME. IT'S NOT THAT HARD TO DEFEND AGAINST. Sure enough every time he cut inside over the two legs there was someone there to meet him and disposes him. Can't believe it took this long.

Tbf, how many teams have actually looked at Robben and brought the spare man over from CM/DM or CB covering and they still have failed to stop him. He's a class act, the fullback knows he's cutting inside, his cover play will know he's cutting inside yet time and time again, he'll cut in and still get his shot away. He did it last night still when be bent it just past the far post. It does sound easy to stop, you're right there but he's world class and so effective that the task of stopping it is far greater than it may seem, but Real did do a superb job of it.

Robben played in the middle for most of todays game like.

Bayern lost so much shape in that first half it was hard to tell who was playing where.

Once again Ribery came up trumps for me in me never seeing him look a class act on the big stage, how he was 6/4 at one point for the Ballon D'or is beyond me. Major torunaments for France or big CL games i rarely see Ribery come to the top, give me Robben anyday of the week.

They camped in Real's defensive third from kick off. Made it easy to defend against them. Should have held back on the half way or even deeper a bit more, to try and find a chink in Real's armour. Bayern move the ball so well they could have easily swept passes through an open hole to hurt Madrid. As it were, they were too high up the field and with pace like that of Ronaldo and Bale, they were fucked.

Bayern lost so much shape in that first half it was hard to tell who was playing where.

Once again Ribery came up trumps for me in me never seeing him look a class act on the big stage, how he was 6/4 at one point for the Ballon D'or is beyond me. Major torunaments for France or big CL games i rarely see Ribery come to the top, give me Robben anyday of the week.

Because he was f*cking class and the most important Bayern player in the team that won the treble.

Not that hard to figure out really.

Because he was f*cking class and the most important Bayern player in the team that won the treble.

He's not for me, Robben was running riot in the big games. Don't watch much Bundesliga so i'm guessing he struts his stuff there but everytime i see him in a big match he flatters to deceive. He works hard but i rarely think what a big of magic that was from Ribery, everytime he gets the ball, i'm never thinking something is going to happen with him.

Loved the fact it was his shitness that set Real away on the counter for Ronaldo's goal as well. Just passed it straight to the Madrid player to break away. Even over the two legs it was only ever Robben where you thouht might produce something.

Ribery has been overrated for quite some time. A succession of unimpressive performances in key games where he fails to make much of an impact.

The fact he was a favourite for the Ballon d'Or at one point is a shambles. He's a very talented player. Certainly not on the level his fans paint him to be.

Ribery has been overrated for quite some time. A succession of unimpressive performances in key games where he fails to make much of an impact.

The fact he was a favourite for the Ballon d'Or at one point is a shambles. He's a very talented player. Certainly not on the level his fans paint him to be.

:thup:

how he was 6/4 at one point for the Ballon D'or is beyond me.

The fact he was a favourite for the Ballon d'Or at one point is a shambles

:smug:

New darts team unite, fuck you SanToon.

I'm sure some of the Ribery fans will tell me "he's class, man" which I'm not denying. :lol: He's an excellent player fit to grace nearly any team in the world. But he's not this absolute top-class wonder player that many will have you believe. I certainly rate Robben as a more dangerous player, even if he is obsessed with cutting in on his left.

They camped in Real's defensive third from kick off. Made it easy to defend against them. Should have held back on the half way or even deeper a bit more, to try and find a chink in Real's armour. Bayern move the ball so well they could have easily swept passes through an open hole to hurt Madrid. As it were, they were too high up the field and with pace like that of Ronaldo and Bale, they were f***ed.

Not really, their transitions in the middle of the field were too slow. Every time Madrid pushed up they had plenty of time to go sit back and retain shape. Madrid's CM's where never going to push too far up the pitch.Madrid had no reason to move high up the pitch and Barca passing slow in the middle. It doesn't help that Modric/Alonso are better on the ball than the Barca CM's

Yeah, that's the same as me. He's very talented, fits into Bayern perfectly but he just doesn't influence enough big matches for me. If i was making a world squad he wouldn't even get on my bench let alone be in the running for the best player in the world. It's a no brainer for me having Robben over Ribery.

It's just football hipsters with the Ribery love. It proves they watch Bundesliga because apparently Ribery is much better than Robben in the league

New darts team unite, f*** you SanToon.

I'm sure some of the Ribery fans will tell me "he's class, man" which I'm not denying. :lol: He's an excellent player fit to grace nearly any team in the world. But he's not this absolute top-class wonder player that many will have you believe. I certainly rate Robben as a more dangerous player, even if he is obsessed with cutting in on his left.

You want to be on a darts team with Brett?! :lol: did he actually land one in the board?

:lol: My ability to bring out the best in my partner is second to none, i make you believe you can't miss whatever target you're aiming for...i made Taylor feel like he was thee Taylor of darts. Incredible stuff, really. A real life version of 'Smithy'.

No surprise to me i've get posters queuing up to be my darts partner  :snod:

None of that means Balon D'or recognition was a shambles the two are completely isolated. Balon D'or is basically an MVP award ( or its supposed to be) for the year, its not supposed to go to the best player in the world but the best player for that year.

And Ribery was definitely in the recognition for that year with Ronaldo not doing much in big games for Madrid and Messi being injured for large majority of it. No one has ever said Ribery is the best in the world or better than Ronaldo and Messi, just for that year where he was the most important player in a treble winning team he deserved recognition.

It's no more of a shambles than the outcry for Sneijder to win the award quite frankly.

All the defenders for Chelsea:

Schwarzer, Ivanović, Cahill, Terry, Cole, Azpilicueta, Ramires, David Luiz, Hazard, Willian, Fernando Torres.

Courtois, Torres, Miranda, Godin, Luis, Cardoso, Suarez, Koke, Arda Turan, Adrian, Diego Costa.