The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Feel bad for Arsenal, tbh. Liverpool have this destructive capability and if you turn up/get caught cold without the requisite steel - something which Arsenal have had for the majority of the season - then they can blow you out of the water like this.

This is brutal.

I think Wenger's gone with the same team as last weekend. Looking at the previews I was hoping he'd change the set-up, because it was just so woolly - which you can usually get away with against a side with the physicality and hunger of Liverpool, but sadly for Arsenal, Liverpool also have skill and incisiveness.

The good thing about Arsenal this season is that they've bounced back from disappointments such as these (first game vs Villa, the Man City mauling etc) but their run-in is horrendous, their squad is stretched uncomfortably thin and they haven't found the rhythm they lost before Christmas despite picking up results admirably. They needed to boost their performance in the run-up to facing sides as good as they are going to face, and they just haven't been able to do it. Have a feeling it's all going to come crashing down around them, but I hope they can win at least one trophy!

As for Liverpool, they're becoming very, very good. You can take out quite a few players out of their side, and they adapt really well (anti-Newcastle, you might say) to life without them. Think they'll challenge next season if they can keep players/Rodgers and strengthen in midfield. Talk of them being contenders this year is daft though IMO. Even without CL football to concentrate on, they haven't got the depth to keep pace with Man City/Chelsea.

some good news before we get hammered by chelski

at least we won't be the worst performance out there

You haven't seen the respective midfields in our game yet have you?

no, I just wanna get drunk before the game and deal with it

Thought Sterling was our best player again. His movement, decision making and work rate is phenomenal for someone who just turned 19, two months ago.

That boy is a killer. Must be a nightmare lining up opposite him.

One of the worst finishers ever though. Gets so panicky in front of goal.

Thought Sterling was our best player again. His movement, decision making and work rate is phenomenal for someone who just turned 19, two months ago.

I'd have him in the WC squad personally to replace Walcott.

I'd have him in the WC squad personally to replace Walcott.

:thup: