Other clubs' transfers

TBG

It's facts though.

The same is true of Koeman's managerial career. If Everton is the biggest club he'll ever manage (forgetting Valencia), he would consider it a failure imo.

Dyche made a decent comment awhile ago about players motivations. It can be anything, he just needs to know what it is. If it's getting a transfer away to a more prestigious club, he'll support it if they deliver. If it's wages, likewise. If it's praise and an arm around the shoulder etc.

I think it's fair. Lukaku - go and score 30 league goals and help us get into the CL and you'll get that Barca move. That's fair.  Pardew's brand of help us stay up and you'll get a move to Spurs is unacceptable. Koeman's talking the absolute pinnacle of the game. Pardew was talking anyone in the top 6.

It's facts though.

The same is true of Koeman's managerial career. If Everton is the biggest club he'll ever manage (forgetting Valencia), he would consider it a failure imo.

Dyche made a decent comment awhile ago about players motivations. It can be anything, he just needs to know what it is. If it's getting a transfer away to a more prestigious club, he'll support it if they deliver. If it's wages, likewise. If it's praise and an arm around the shoulder etc.

I think it's fair. Lukaku - go and score 30 league goals and help us get into the CL and you'll get that Barca move. That's fair.  Pardew's brand of help us stay up and you'll get a move to Spurs is unacceptable. Koeman's talking the absolute pinnacle of the game. Pardew was talking anyone in the top 6.

So unless you manage a 'top club' then your entire managerial career is a failure? What absolute shit. Koeman could achieve (and already has achieved) a lot in his managerial career. If he won the league or got CL football consistently with Everton, I doubt his career would be seen as a failure.

In relation to Lukaku, rather than the shit he has sprouted, why not come out and say; 'Romelu would like CL football, we cannot currently offer him that but we've asked him to stay with us for 1 or 2 seasons to try to achieve it'. Rather than openly touting his player to other teams.

Guest firetotheworks

Don't encourage him by replying to his obvious crap. Those quotes are horrific, I'd be spitting blood if I was an Everton fan.

Koemen is simply speaking the truth here. Lukaku was touted as the next big thing when he was at Anderlecht. If he has never progressed from a top 8 team in his career, as Everton are, then he would be one of those who is remembered for not reaching their potential. If he turns around and scores 25 goals this season and goes to Arsenal for example, then he can look back on his career knowing he played for a top club.

Everton aren't going to reach that sort of level realistically, and Lukaku needs to leave if he is going to be what he was touted as.

Personally, I don't rate Lukaku that highly and think he is a perfect fit for Everton. He'll score the goals they need, but I don't think he'll be the main striker at a big club and I think he needs to be that.

Guest firetotheworks

Koeman is the manager of Everton ffs. People saying that he's simply speaking the truth. :anguish: This is what it's come to, fucking pathetic.