Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Is that even necessary from Chelsea? What the hell?!

Football is proper nuts, it's never "You earn £50k a week, we'll off £70k", it's always "You earn £50k a week, will £130k persuade you?

Reminds me of the Leeds Seth Johnsons story or even us offering £16m for Owen when Liverpool wouldn't budge over £8m.

There never seems to be a middle ground :lol:

Costa and Fabregas will make me change from City to Chelsea for who wins the league. Two great signings, and I'm sad.

Depends on where he plays Fabregas though surely?

Costa and Fabregas will make me change from City to Chelsea for who wins the league. Two great signings, and I'm sad.

Still City for me as favourites. Loads of title winning experience, unlikely to have a shocking away record for the first couple of months this time around compared to last summer, and most important of all.....they got 0 points from their h-2-h from Chelsea last season and can only improve on that, no matter how many players Chelsea sign.

Football is proper nuts, it's never "You earn £50k a week, we'll off £70k", it's always "You earn £50k a week, will £130k persuade you?

Reminds me of the Leeds Seth Johnsons story or even us offering £16m for Owen when Liverpool wouldn't budge over £8m.

I posed the question earlier though is this figure not pre-tax?... If paying 50% tax in UK (in theory) or very little in Spain then to get your pay rise the figure needs to be substantial...

Guest neesy111

I posed the question earlier though is this figure not pre-tax?... If paying 50% tax in UK (in theory) or very little in Spain then to get your pay rise the figure needs to be substantial...

Tax rate in Spain is 52% now according to this article.

http://money.uk.msn.com/features/how-much-tax-do-the-world%E2%80%99s-best-footballers-pay

http://money.uk.msn.com/features/how-much-tax-do-the-world%E2%80%99s-best-footballers-pay

Then I'm clearly talking shit... :lol:

Unreal signing for Chelsea imo. He'll be quality there.

Mata is better than Fabregas imo and he couldn't cut the mustard under Jose. Fabregas simply isn't a Mourinho style of player - a terrible signing if it goes ahead.

Mata is better than Fabregas imo and he couldn't cut the mustard under Jose. Fabregas simply isn't a Mourinho style of player - a terrible signing if it goes ahead.

You on drugs mate? Fabregas is easily the better player.

You on drugs mate? Fabregas is easily the better player.

Well based on his form of 3/4 years ago he is but not lately. Obviously not a terrible signing though :lol:

Then I'm clearly talking s***... :lol:

There was a tax-cut available to foreign-born footballers (and thus Fábregas wouldn't have been eligible) that was removed when the sovereign debt crisis began. It halved the taxes those footballers paid. Cronaldo for example was benefiting from it until he signed his new contract, since his old one had been grandfathered.

The tax cut was aimed to attract foreign managers to Spanish companies and make them more competitive, it ended up being used to bring in rich footballers  :jesuswept:

Fabregas is a lot more responsible when his side doesn't have the ball than Mata. Big difference between the two, not sure how anyone could label it terrible  :lol:

Fabregas is a lot more responsible when his side doesn't have the ball than Mata. Big difference between the two, not sure how anyone could label it terrible  :lol:

what I'd wonder about is if this will end up with Hazard being thrown out the door, Mourinhio wasn't exactly complimentary of him towards the end of the season.

what I'd wonder about is if this will end up with Hazard being thrown out the door, Mourinhio wasn't exactly complimentary of him towards the end of the season.

When Hazard plays on the wing? not sure how you came to that conclusion.

Nah, be worse news for Oscar imo, don't think Mourinho is that big a fan of his stamina and patchy form. Mainly just because he pure loves Willian.

Oscar was his favourite player, so much that he sold Mata. I can see Oscar moved to the right, or Ramires moved to the right to accomodate Fabregas centrally and Willian relegated to the bench. Obviously I would put Oscar on the bench since he's had a shit 2014, but at the same time Mourinho seems to love him always praising him.