Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Guest Roger Kint

40 fucking million, man.  Ridiculous.

That's more than we will spend all summer Decade

FYP

2nd bid for Sterling from Man City according to Sky, around £40M.

That's good money, but when I think we got £35 million for Carroll then I'm not so sure. They should aim for £50 million.

Guest Roger Kint

Cant really compare it to Carroll, they only got that much as Chelsea were so desperate for Torres that they paid extra to cover the fee. We would have caved in and took £25m at 11.59pm otherwise :lol:

British premium is utter madness mind

As if Carroll's price is a marker for anything.

It's a marker for how much you can take the p*ss when people want a young talented English player.

As it's Man City they should definitely be looking to rinse them more than that.

2nd bid for Sterling from Man City according to Sky, around £40M.

That's good money, but when I think we got £35 million for Carroll then I'm not so sure. They should aim for £50 million.

That was pure highway robbery.

As if Carroll's price is a marker for anything.

It's a marker for how much you can take the p*ss when people want a young talented English player.

As it's Man City they should definitely be looking to rinse them more than that.

It's not really, it's a complete one-off that went spectacularly wrong. If anything it shows how stupid it is to pay over the odds.

They play good football and their results are above average. Hughes has done a good job.

They don't play good football like. Total myth.

They don't hoof it and the goals they score aren't all from set pieces. They've also got loads of players who have a good first touch so their possession percentage is much improved. He's definitely changed them for the better.

Part of me hopes Liverpool get super prideful about this Sterling business, by refusing Citeh's offer and letting Sterling rot in reserves for two years (missing out on the crucial professional formative development he wants/needs to be the player he wants to be and earn the mula he wants to earn) as a lesson to him. Obviously they'd withdraw the £100k p/w contract they previously offered. They would be flushing £35.5m down the drain for the sake of:

- not being a feeder club for Citeh

- showing players (current and target alike), that the club is bigger than they are, and protecting Liverpool's proud reputation

- enjoying the financial benefits of being a big club in the long-term (rather than mid-tier/secondary to Citeh/Chelski etc)

Cloud cuckoo land, I know, but it'd be nice.

Part of me hopes Liverpool get super prideful about this Sterling business, by refusing Citeh's offer and letting Sterling rot in reserves for two years (missing out on the crucial professional formative development he wants/needs to be the player he wants to be and earn the mula he wants to earn) as a lesson to him. Obviously they'd withdraw the £100k p/w contract they previously offered. They would be flushing £35.5m down the drain for the sake of:

- not being a feeder club for Citeh

- showing players (current and target alike), that the club is bigger than they are, and protecting Liverpool's proud reputation

- enjoying the financial benefits of being a big club in the long-term (rather than mid-tier/secondary to Citeh/Chelski etc)

Cloud cuckoo land, I know, but it'd be nice.

It'd send out a terrible message to the young players that they have at the club. It'd be 'our way or you rot in the reserves'. The next time contracts are up for renewal, the talented kids will leave for a less restrictive club.

Where does the English player premium originate from? In general English players are technically inferior to the majority of players from other European nations, and the England team hasn't been past the quarter finals of a major tournament since 1996, so why do English players cost 2-3 times more than players from, for example, France? When did the whole paying over the odds for English players thing begin, it's really quite weird.

Where does the English player premium originate from? In general English players are technically inferior to the majority of players from other European nations, and the England team hasn't been past the quarter finals of a major tournament since 1996, so why do English players cost 2-3 times more than players from, for example, France? When did the whole paying over the odds for English players thing begin, it's really quite weird.

HG rules for Champions League teams is one.

They're all in the England transfer market where even Championship clubs budgets might be bigger than the budgets of clubs in the lower reaches of Serie A (i've made this up tbf but you get the point). There's a lot of money swishing around English football.

Signings between English clubs involve massive fees in general, even if the players are foreign. Mata, Fellaini & Torres are examples.