Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Don't really get the idea that because they spend a load of money they should be challenging, it matters about the quality of team they put out on the pitch and i'm not particularly convinced they are good enough yet. By the end of the summer they might be but as of now not at all.

Don't really get the idea that because they spend a load of money they should be challenging, it matters about the quality of team they put out on the pitch and i'm not particularly convinced they are good enough yet. By the end of the summer they might be but as of now not at all.

honestly they don't seem to be spending it that well tbh, do they need schweinsteiger and schneiderlin, when they already have fellaini, carrick blind and herrera to play in central midfield, sure sign one of them but both seems excessive when they need a top class striker and a top class goalkeeper, they could do with a top quality cb though not as urgently as the striker/goalkeeper need.

Even if they spend an absolute fuckload it's no guarantee of success like.  Some players from foreign leagues hit the ground running but loads of them need time to settle.  Not sure if there are many examples of a club changing more than half of their first eleven then going on to win the league, there might be a couple but it's not common.

Even if they spend an absolute fuckload it's no guarantee of success like.  Some players from foreign leagues hit the ground running but loads of them need time to settle.  Not sure if there are many examples of a club changing more than half of their first eleven then going on to win the league, there might be a couple but it's not common.

probably chelsea when mourinho took over the first time? 

i think realistically for them they need to be in the race for a while this season, though they'll have an inevitable dropoff at some point, then they need to be challenging next year for sure

In the fifteen years before Moyes 7th and LVG 4th, the team with the largest wage bill never finished outside the top three. Even Citeh didn't manage it.

Man U's money people projected third for LVG's first season in their reports. Rather than looking at it as some kind of "project", it sounds like the pressure is on for results soon, if the sacking of Moyes after little opportunity to change the squad doesn't indicate that already.

Rooney is and was twice the player Sterling is and cost 20m less.

City don't need to worry about money. They just get who they want, whatever the cost.

Fees and wages have risen significantly since 2004, and I don't think Rooney at that age was twice the player either. The deals are quite comparable and only time will tell which one will have been the best.

Rooney had already done things that made him stand out at that age though when at Everton. What's Sterling done? Don't doubt that there's potential there but the fee is absolutely disgusting.

As has been mentioned, I think people have forgotten how good Sterling looked playing alongside Suarez and Sturridge.

that's the sterling i remember as i barely saw him last year, he was incredible towards the end of stevie's slip season like, borderline unstoppable

the most expensive team in history, should be challenging, thats pretty obvious tbh.

i agree, theyre not quite good enough yet, but they should be, given what theyve spent and who they are.

theyve wasted loads i think, but the pressure will be on lvg to deliver the title i think.

Rooney had already done things that made him stand out at that age though when at Everton. What's Sterling done? Don't doubt that there's potential there but the fee is absolutely disgusting.

I would argue Sterling has performed better for Liverpool than Rooney did at Everton. It wasn't until Euro 2004 that he really turned it on.

Then Ferguson got his paws on him and made him less exciting.

wonder if they'll play bony up top with those three buzzing about him:

bony

silva  sterling  aguero

CM      CM

that'd be f***ing devastating in the PL like

Aguero out wide so they can play Sterling central huh?

You are having an absolute giggle mate. That is just shocking.

wonder if they'll play bony up top with those three buzzing about him:

bony

silva  sterling  aguero

CM      CM

that'd be f***ing devastating in the PL like

Aguero out wide so they can play Sterling central huh?

You are having an absolute giggle mate. That is just shocking.

The fuck? Just those three behind Bony, could write them down however you like they're not going to be static are they.