Other clubs' transfers

TBG

'Van Gaal has spent more on transfers in 1 year at Man Utd (£200m) than Ajax have in their history. (via @sportzeloot)'

Bloody hell  :lol:

And the team still has gaps!

ManUtd seem to have lost their way man.

Ferguson left and the struggles that season under Moyes made them completely lose their s***.

They're just spending and spending, but there doesn't seem to be a coherent plan.

Just my own observation but I thought they lacked pace and dynamism last year. Their midfield play was ponderous possession football. The player I thought did most to break the monotony was actually Ashley Young. Herrera has a good shot on him and made some good late-arrival-in-the-box type runs, and as ever Mata is a fantastic footballer. But whatever the system was, it just looked ponderous most of the time, especially compared to Chelsea and Arsenal. di Maria started well and indeed, looked very dynamic, but soon ended up with no space in front of him and running into blind alleys.

Their best results, vs. Tottenham and then Liverpool, came from very high quality finishing of half chances, first from Felliani and then Mata. I'd like to see them walk it in a few times (i.e., create numerous high quality chances) before the "back to their best" type comments start coming.

A ManU fan told me today - whilst lamenting the Sterling transfer - that ManU have spent less on all their signings this summer than City have on Sterling.

All I could muster was an "mmhmm."

Must have forgotten about Depay already. 80 million spent this summer. Can still spend another 50m and our shirt sponsors alone will cover it for the year.

You sure know how to make a girl feel like a princess

:-(

Wow ... they just had to play that man centrally and he would have been fine. This is a terrible decision. Gave the guy one year? Really?

How much did Man U pay for him again?

£59.7m we paid, and also, he is going nowhere. If he was to be sold it was be for the same price or more money. Maybe Cavani and some cash.

The amount of times you've categorically stated he's going nowhere has me convinced he'll be a PSG player pretty soon

People putting it across like he had a horror season too. :lol: He was underwhelming rather than shite. As if we're going to take a sixteen million hit because of that.

By the same token, hardly going to make a profit on him either.

£59.7m we paid, and also, he is going nowhere. If he was to be sold it was be for the same price or more money. Maybe Cavani and some cash.

Blimey, forgot it was so high! :lol:

Would be unbelievable to give up on him so quickly, after signing him for that much.