Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Manchester United goalkeeper Victor Valdes will be sold after manager Louis van Gaal claimed he "refused to play" in the reserves.

The 33-year-old Spain international was not selected in the pre-season squad currently touring the US.

"He doesn't follow my philosophy. There is no place for someone like that," said Van Gaal.

United's number one David De Gea, 24, has been heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid this summer.

:lol:

LVG on Valdes: "He is not selected because he doesn't follow my philosophy. There is no place for someone like that. He refused to play in the second team when you are not willing to do that, there is only one way. I am selling him. It is a big disappointment. We thought that he will follow our philosophy. It is a pity."

LVG on Rafael : He was asked why buy Darmian over Rafael: "Darmian is a player who could defend on the 1st phase because right fullback you have to defend."

As LVG leaves the room he says to the press "you invent stories, you invent stories"

Valdes and Rafael gone. Rafael will be a good signing for someone if he can stay fit.

LVG on Valdes: "He is not selected because he doesn't follow my philosophy. There is no place for someone like that. He refused to play in the second team when you are not willing to do that, there is only one way. I am selling him. It is a big disappointment. We thought that he will follow our philosophy. It is a pity."

Same thing happened 12 years ago at Barça when Valdés was starting his senior career and LVG was manager. Valdés refused to be dropped back to Barça B, and LVG tried to get him sold (but was sacked before he could do it). Full circle.

Canny funny that Man Utd can be held to ransom by a shitebag like Rooney on two separate occasions but come out all 'nobody is bigger than the club' when screwing Valdes over.

It's almost like one has been there over ten years and is one of our greatest ever players while the other is someone we brought in to help them rehabilitate less than a year ago.

Oh, different managers too.

Canny funny that Man Utd can be held to ransom by a shitebag like Rooney on two separate occasions but come out all 'nobody is bigger than the club' when screwing Valdes over.

It's almost like one has been there over ten years and is one of our greatest ever players while the other is someone we brought in to help them rehabilitate less than a year ago.

really? you've had a million world class players over the years, Rooney isn't even the best English striker this Century .

really? you've had a million world class players over the years, Rooney isn't even the best English striker this Century .

tbf he's going to beat the goalscoring record for the club by some margin if that doesn't qualify him as one of their greatest ever players what does? 

Be good when he takes over that cunt Charlton like

Never have I seen my dad volley more abuse than when that fake Manc cunt strutted round the pitch at half time in 99

It's not like Valdes was brought in under false pretense as well. It was clear as day he was #2. Do #2 stuff. Play for the fucking reserves, you shitfucker.