Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Guest VanBarduck

It's just a constant stream of needlessly contrary, over-opinionated bollocks. :lol:

I think Benzema and Suarez would do just fine at Chelsea and Real Madrid respectively.

I think Suarez would score less goals at Madrid than he does at Liverpool. With the likes of Ronaldo and Bale averaging 10 shots per game combined, I don't think he could take his chance as much as he does now.

Benzema could simply be lethal as the main striker in a other club, out of their shadows.

Doesn't really matter if Suarez would score more or less goals, he would form an absolutely unplayable attack with Ronaldo and Bale and probably win La Liga and possibly the Champions League. He would be brilliant for them.

It's just a constant stream of needlessly contrary, over-opinionated bollocks. :lol:

I think Benzema and Suarez would do just fine at Chelsea and Real Madrid respectively.

Agreed on both counts.

Agree on the first count.

And... yeah the second count too.

I'll be interested to see if Suarez did go to Madrid how that would work, mainly because its very rare that 3 ball dominant forwards together at the same time works.

Especially in the big moments.

Could you cite some examples?

Henry, Ronaldinho and Eto'o for starters.

Although tbf it's very rare, most of the time when teams build an attack, they tend to go a dominant no 1 option and have two who compliment him sometimes two guys with one complimentary player.

It's very rare teams have 3 forwards who all want to be the main guy, are ball dominant and have been the main guy elsewhere.

It will probably be class but i'll be interested to see how that dynamic came together should Suarez go there.

Guest VanBarduck

Henry, Ronaldinho and Eto'o for starters.

Although tbf it's very rare, most of the time when teams build an attack, they tend to go a dominant no 1 option and have two who compliment him sometimes two guys with one complimentary player.

It's very rare teams have 3 forwards who all want to be the main guy, are ball dominant and have been the main guy elsewhere.

It will probably be class but i'll be interested to see how that dynamic came together should Suarez go there.

Very true.

I think Suarez would score less goals at Madrid than he does at Liverpool. With the likes of Ronaldo and Bale averaging 10 shots per game combined, I don't think he could take his chance as much as he does now.

Benzema could simply be lethal as the main striker in a other club, out of their shadows.

Thanks for actually talking about the football.

IMO Benzema's never been the most natural of finishers. In a team that creates a lot of chances and the pressure is not on him specifically to score - he still goes on barren runs. I'm a big Benzema fan but unless something changes I don't think he'll ever be an elite striker.

I think Bezema is the key to making that Bale-Benzema-Bale frontline work. He's naturally an incredibly selfless team mate with the ability to play with his back to goal or running at people.

Tbf Bale's gone into the CRonaldo-junior role very easily. He hasn't come in looking to be top dog at all which has helped.

I dunno, I just think Benzema's link-up play is brilliant and natural. The type of forward that would compliment any other top forward brilliantly. Whether that's Ibra, Cronaldo or Messi. I don't see that with Suarez.

I think the three would all score goals. They'd essentially be competing against each other. There'd be a lot of telling each other off, and glaring at one and other, for being selfish, but ultimately the ability between the three would overwhelm the majority of teams.

For me, I'm looking at those 3 and I'm thinking, "who's marking the full backs?" I'd be looking to keep 1 out of the 3 and having Shola for back up.

Suarez leads the league in assists, by far. Don't think he's got much problem with complementing other players.

Same amount as Gerrard, one more than Rooney IIRC.

For me, I'm looking at those 3 and I'm thinking, "who's marking the full backs?" I'd be looking to keep 1 out of the 3 and having Shola for back up.

Similar. I'd be concerned with which one would do the most tracking back and if any of them are good enough headerers.

I think the three would all score goals. They'd essentially be competing against each other. There'd be a lot of telling each other off, and glaring at one and other, for being selfish, but ultimately the ability between the three would overwhelm the majority of teams.

That's what they said about the Galacticos with Ronaldo in for Morientes. Also think the Madrid fans would rather Jese be given more opportunities when he's back from injury.

Suarez would be a better fit for Barca imo

That's what they said about the Galacticos with Ronaldo in for Morientes. Also think the Madrid fans would rather Jese be given more opportunities when he's back from injury.

Suarez would be a better fit for Barca imo

I do agree with that tbf. Think he would be amazing at Barca. He'd be a nice fit in their quick pass and move style.

Suarez leads the league in assists, by far. Don't think he's got much problem with complementing other players.

Same amount as Gerrard, one more than Rooney IIRC.

9 more than Rooney and Silva, who're in 2nd. Gerrard's 3rd.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/premier-league/torschuetzen/wettbewerb_GB1.html

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/players/profile.statistics.html/luis-suarez

There you go. It's 12. Fairly sure Gerrard is 12 and Rooney is 11.

I mean more in terms of holding the ball-up, bringing others into play rather than assists.

Have you watched Liverpool at all this season, man? :lol:

I get what you're saying, I just don't think it's accurate in the slightest. Nothing in the way Suarez plays suggests he couldn't combine well with Bale and Ronaldo.