Newcastle United vs sunderland - 01/02/14 @ 12.45pm (No TV)

TheGuv
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Likely team I expect:

Krul

Debuchy Williamson Taylor Santon

Anita        Tiote

Ben Arfa        Sissoko        Sammy

Shola

:anguish:

At least the midfield looked good against Norwich but we couldn't even score then with Remy. Hope home advantage plays some part!

That will be it, nailed on.

If Ben Arfa plays, and he plays like he can, you'll win.

He has the ability to lift the crowd and in turn lift the rest of the team. Perhaps the only player we have who can single handedly grab the game by the scruff of the neck and drag us forward.

I fear though that he will be our only weapon and become quite easy for them to nullify, especially if he's not at 100%

If Ben Arfa plays, and he plays like he can, you'll win.

People have been saying teams should beat Sunderland no problem for the last couple of months, very few have though including your own club.

Well, yeah, playing with 10 men for 70 minutes will hinder your attempts generally. Even then we outplayed them for the most part.

They're a poor side on a solid run. They're not as bad as they were at the start of the season, but they're still clearly not very good. 1-0 wins vs Stoke and Kidderminster aren't going to change my mind on that. What they've done recently though is ensure other poor sides are dragged into it, and obviously Poyet should be praised for turning around near dead certs for relegation to a side with a very possible chance of survival.

We need goals to win games, as it stands we have none.

They aren't exactly packed with them either.

Who cares? More than us.

We had more than them last couple of times but they still won.

It's ahaping up to be a battle of the big hitters:

Jozy Altidore: 2 goals in 48 premier league appearances

vs

Shola Ameobi: 3 goals in his last 66 premier league appearances

Shola's prolific 1 in 22 ratio is far superior to the mackem's 1 in 24 so I reckon victory is assured.

Formations, Shola, their form, our form etc don't matter at all.

The crux of the matter is that Pardew teams look lethargic and like they can't be arsed to up things for the derby; the mackems of late have flown out of the traps and looked bang up to win every single derby. And that's why I believe we'll lose.

Guest bimpy474

The crux of the matter is that Pardew teams look lethargic and like they can't be arsed to up things for the derby; the mackems of late have flown out of the traps and looked bang up to win every single derby. And that's why I believe we'll lose.

Pardew as failed to get the team up and at it in the derby time and time again. I expect the same, hope for something different.

Guest reefatoon

We will win. Everything that could have went wrong in the lead up to the derby has so therefore we will win and it will be sweet. Footballs weird man.

where are the goals going to come from to win this match?

Thing is we have Shovel who can't do anything or score a goal and Cisse who can't do much either but at least can score a goal - but Pardew wins again. I would play Cisse with De Jong coming on but I put money on now it won't be - I can see the fans turning bigtime on Shovel in this game.

We will win. Everything that could have went wrong in the lead up to the derby has so therefore we will win and it will be sweet. Footballs weird man.

shola hattrick

An unlikely source. Believe.