Chelsea vs Newcastle United - 8/02/14 @ 15:00 (No TV)

Guest n4e
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

As depressing as it is do we have any other option than Shola?

4-6-0?

De Jong did more than Shola last week, start him and take him off once he starts blowing out of his arse.

Completely forgot about De Jong  :blush: this apathy is really starting to take hold.

Probably including someone banned/injured but -

Krul

Debuchy  Williamson  Taylor  Santon

HBA        Anita      Sissoko    Sammy

Marveaux

De Jong

Doesn't look too bad to me, would prefer MYM over Taylor but have already accepted that won't happen.

Completely forgot about De Jong  :blush: this apathy is really starting to take hold.

Krul

Marveaux

De Jong

Doesn't look too bad to me, would prefer MYM over Taylor but have already accepted that won't happen.

I agree with your whole post and I don't see any reason to just turn up and take a kicking.

As depressing as it is do we have any other option than Shola?

4-6-0?

De Jong did more than Shola last week, start him and take him off once he starts blowing out of his arse.

Krul

Marveaux

De Jong

Will probably be Gosling starting instead of Marveaux, and Shola captaining the side with de Jong on the bench.

I did say a couple of years ago that I could see Santon naturalising as a central midfielder eventually. He is one of those rare good versatile allround footballers, which can end up as a central midfielder as they mature.

See Gareth Barry and Gareth Bale.

I did say a couple of years ago that I could see Santon naturalising as a central midfielder eventually. He is one of those rare good versatile allround footballers, which can end up as a central midfielder as they mature.

Too bad he's gone backwards during his time here.

Well Barry and Bale struggled as left backs and it was only when they adapted to midfield and more centrally that they showed respective international and world class quality.

Obviously if this is a defensive strategy it is a bad one, but if it is a chance to develop Santon it could be a good move.

Santon only ended up at left back by chance anyhow. Maybe against Mourinho he will get a chance to establish a new better position.

Santon isn't a defender.

He's not a central midfielder either mind!

Well he's played most of his games in defence so by that alone he's a defender and it's a position he's used to.  I would rather see players in positions which come naturally to them instead of throwing them into a position where they have to concentrate 100% on everything they do.

Well Barry and Bale struggled as left backs and it was only when they adapted to midfield and more centrally that they showed respective international and world class quality.

Obviously if this is a defensive strategy it is a bad one, but if it is a chance to develop Santon it could be a good move.

Santon only ended up at left back by chance anyhow. Maybe against Mourinho he will get a chance to establish a new better position.

In the case of Barry he's a more intelligent player.

As for Bale he's a devastating attacking threat santon isn't