Newcastle United 0 - 4 Spurs - 12/02/14 - Post-match reaction from page 36

Mike

We have no creativity in the side as Pardew opts not to select our only real creative player. Never mind points, it's hard to see where our next goal is coming from. I don't think it's outlandish to say we could easily be dragged into the shite.

We have no creativity but at the same time we lack work rate and grit. Defies belief.

Yeah. :lol: Most teams have one or the other, the good ones have a modicum of both. And then there's us. Severely devoid of both.

Guest neesy111

Reading some of the recent posts in here you'd think we didn't just get absolutely pissed on at home. Again.

It's fine there's always the next game....

Brett trotting out the 'we wont get anyone better than Pardew'

f***ing hate that s***, it's a pathetic fallback big bollocking load of arseshit.

Yeah, yet he was happy to barrack Hughton.

No need to be racist there, they don't look THAT alike.

Guest bimpy474

Brett trotting out the 'we wont get anyone better than Pardew'

f***ing hate that s***, it's a pathetic fallback big bollocking load of arseshit.

Yeah, yet he was happy to barrack Hughton.

Which baffles me, Hughton was a great bloke, we played decent stuff, miles better than what Pardew serves up, and Hughton did that with lesser standard of players (imo).

Brett is frankly mental to back Pardew after Pardew has given us some of the worst results and performances i can ever rememeber. Unbelievable tbh.

Guest neesy111

I think most people knew Pardew was getting the gig after Hughton got sacked after those rumours before the Arsenal League cup game.

I think it was fair enough to believe Hughton was limited, as he's now showing with Norwich. What we didn't know is that he'd be replaced with Pardew. Which sort of backs up the 'devil you know' argument as well.

I never really understand how his results with Norwich prove anything tbh. He doesn't exactly have much to work with there. Or am I missing something?

Guest bimpy474

I think it was fair enough to believe Hughton was limited, as he's now showing with Norwich. What we didn't know is that he'd be replaced with Pardew. Which sort of backs up the 'devil you know' argument as well.

Like fuck it does, Hughton wasn't sacked because we were playing crap and losing games embarrassingly. He was sacked because Llambias and Ashley wanted their yes man wanker mate in the job. And Pardew took over a team which was happy and playing ok.

The situation is different now. And the appointment now if Pardew was sacked, would be because results and performances have been dreaful, beyond dreadful actually. Not that i have faith any appoinment being outstanding but it'll be better than this fuckfaced arsegravy breathed cuntstain.

I never really understand how his results with Norwich prove anything tbh. He doesn't exactly have much to work with there. Or am I missing something?

Well whatever your opinion on that, he's not doing well. I don't want this to turn into me hating on Hughton, I quite like the guy, I was just responding to the idea that it was a crazy opinion to not rate him.

You don't really follow football in general, do you?

Like fuck it does, Hughton wasn't sacked because we were playing crap and losing games embarrassingly. He was sacked because Llambias and Ashley wanted their yes man wanker mate in the job. And Pardew took over a team which was happy and playing ok.

The situation is different now. And the appointment now if Pardew was sacked, would be because results and performances have been dreaful, beyond dreadful actually. Not that i have faith any appoinment being outstanding but it'll be better than this fuckfaced arsegravy breathed cuntstain.

OK, the point isn't about the individual managers. Hughton may be a bit better. The point is whether Ashley can appoint a good manager. Doesn't really matter to me either way, just saying.

A commentary on the poster rather than the merits of Hughton, Ian.

Fair enough, but if someone didn't rate Hughton it's hardly the most out-there opinion in the world. Anyway, meh.

A commentary on the poster rather than the merits of Hughton, Ian.

Have we broken the space-time continuum?

You don't really follow football in general, do you?

I've seen Norwich and they look like a very ordinary squad to me.

Guest bimpy474

OK, the point isn't about the individual managers. Hughton may be a bit better. The point is whether Ashley can appoint a good manager. Doesn't really matter to me either way, just saying.

I dont think it'll be Ashley who appoints the next manager. He'll be consulted and give the final say but i dont think he cares now. Personally i think it'll be Charnley and Irvine who search for that manager, and it's they who will put that managers name forward to Ashley. If that is the case i just hope they have more common sense than Llambias did.

looking back at Ashleys management appointment record we have 3 he really choose (full time so not counting Shearer since it was just a desperate throw of the dice), Keegan, JFK and Pardew (Hughton I maintain was an accidental appointment-left in caretaker charge over a prolonged period where he did well and Ashley just went with it but he was never really Ashley's choice)

I don't need to explain in anyway why JFK was just wrong on all levels and was all in all a disastrous appointment. Keegan was a bad choice all in all especially with the kind of set up he wanted to put in and its not like there wasn't hints about how he'd feel about it

Keegan was linked with a return to Newcastle in the summer as director of football after lifelong Magpies fan Mike Ashley took control of the club.

Manager Sam Allardyce was reportedly unhappy at the prospect but Keegan says he would never go back to St James' Park in that capacity.

"It's absolutely impossible to give Sam Allardyce a job at Newcastle and then go and fetch someone who is going to be some sort of threat, it doesn't work," said Keegan.

"Sam would be a fool to let it happen and the guy who goes in would be a fool to accept it.

"The chairman, who is not a fool, would be a fool to go and do it, too. It doesn't work."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/7044692.stm

Pardew has been the most successful of Ashley's attempts at appointing a manager (I don't think I'm being outrageous saying that) and I'll leave everyone else to bicker at how successful he's really been. Don't think his time is up yet or anytime soon unless he decides to go himself simply because the only reason I think he survived last season was it will cost an awful lot of money to sack Pardew, however when he goes assuming Ashley is still here lets say I'm not holding out much faith in the quality of the replacement given Ashley's track record at appointments in general.