Fulham 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 15/03/14 - Post-match reaction from page 20

Greg

Missed this game entirely as I was traveling yesterday. Sounds like I didn't miss much. Wasn't surprised at all when I saw we lost despite Fulham being bottom.

That stat about not scoring without Remy is really pathetic.

Went to the game in the Fulham end. What a fucking non-entity.

It's always interesting watching a nothing game, from a neutral or away end and without the influence of fellow NUFC fans around you (no banter etc).............watching it cold, almost objectively (because you can't get involved vocally etc) brought a few (perhaps obvious) realisations.

Our wide men are not wide men to start with.

Colo is a class above anything else we've got.

Not read the boards so don't know if MYM is getting stick for the goal but he was reasonably solid throughout, giving them little but offering fuck all going forward.

Cisse looks finished at NUFC.

It's surprising how much of our play goes through Tiote.

Having no natural width/ability of our wide players to beat a man massively restricts our attacking threat.

We've got some fairly physical players in the middle of the park but none of them have any guile.

It's the same old stuff from a Pardew NUFC side...........no fluidity, no real game plan and seemingly no attacking intent.

Anyway, shit game, shit home fans and shit performance against a Championship side who've had more managers this season than we've had good performances. They deserved their win.

At least the sun was shining.

side who've had more managers this season than we've had good performances. They deserved their win.

Was a good post till this shite.

2 disallowed goals, total 2nd half dominance, hardly any NUFC attacking play nor chances yet you think that was an incorrect statement?

I noticed how much Tiote is expected to make the play as well, it really should be Anita picking up the ball in those positions.

Aye - noticed on a few occasions how often Tiote was spraying balls out wide in an attempt to open the game up.

I'm a big Anita fan but felt he got a bit lost on Saturday tbh.

side who've had more managers this season than we've had good performances. They deserved their win.

Was a good post till this s****.

2 disallowed goals, total 2nd half dominance, hardly any NUFC attacking play nor chances yet you think that was an incorrect statement?

You can't think of more than 3 good performances this season? Really?

I only watched football first but it seemed like a game nobody deserved to win tbh. Both teams were dreadful.

I only watched football first but it seemed like a game nobody deserved to win tbh. Both teams were dreadful.

Really. I can count on one hand how many stand out performances we've delivered since AP was appointed, but I guess you didn't want to read that either?

Make no mistake, Fulham were the only side who deserved anything from the game after the second half performances. First half was a non-event from both sides.

Really. I can count on one hand how many stand out performances we've delivered since AP was appointed, but I guess you didn't want to read that either?

Make no mistake, Fulham were the only side who deserved anything from the game after the second half performances. First half was a non-event from both sides.

Cisse misses a glorious chance, LDJ then gets wiped out from behind, they go up other end and Krul has a horror moment. That seperated the two sides in 90 minutes. Wouldn't say it was a deserved win tbh. Thought both teams were as bad as each other.

Man Utd, Chelsea, Palace, West Ham, Hull. There's 5 standout good performances this season alone.

We were at least as good as Fulham. Obviously not saying much because they're appalling, but no way you could say they were clearly the better side. In the first have we way were better for example, we just didn't manage to create any chances.

Cisse misses a glorious chance, LDJ then gets wiped out from behind, they go up other end and Krul has a horror moment. That seperated the two sides in 90 minutes. Wouldn't say it was a deserved win tbh. Thought both teams were as bad as each other.

Man Utd, Chelsea, Palace, West Ham, Hull. There's 5 standout good performances this season alone.

Maybe your standards of a standout performance differ from mine. Actually, scrub that, there's no maybe about it. We wouldn't think anything of beating the likes of Hull City, Palace, West Ham in the KK or SBR days. It was expected.

Man Utd 5-1. That's a standout performance.

Sheff Wed 8-0

Leicester 7-1

They are stand out performances.

As for the match last Saturday, perhaps you had to be there. Two shite sides, one applying themselves properly in the second half, the other showing the attacking intent of a granny at a knitting class.

The disallowed goals and 2nd half domination make it a very hard case to argue to be quite honest. Not only that but the Linesman on the cottage side of the pitch had an absolute mare, giving them nothing. He wouldn't have got out of St James's alive.

We were at least as good as Fulham. Obviously not saying much because they're appalling, but no way you could say they were clearly the better side. In the first have we way were better for example, we just didn't manage to create any chances.

Better without creating one memorable chance? How the fuck does that work?

First half was awful, like a pre-season friendly. Second half they completely dominated. Other than the Cisse miss we didn't test their keeper once.

They, on the other hand, did test Krul regularly.

Maybe your standards of a standout performance differ from mine. Actually, scrub that, there's no maybe about it. We wouldn't think anything of beating the likes of Hull City, Palace, West Ham in the KK or SBR days. It was expected.

Man Utd 5-1. That's a standout performance.

Sheff Wed 8-0

Leicester 7-1

They are stand out performances.

As for the match last Saturday, perhaps you had to be there. Two s**** sides, one applying themselves properly in the second half, the other showing the attacking intent of a granny at a knitting class.

The disallowed goals and 2nd half domination make it a very hard case to argue to be quite honest. Not only that but the Linesman on the cottage side of the pitch had an absolute mare, giving them nothing. He wouldn't have got out of St James's alive.

Well you've changed your tune slightly 'side who've had more managers this season than we've had good performances' .......if good performances now suddenly mean games that go down in history? C'mon man :lol:

Well all opinions, if you think Fulham were full value and deserved the win, fair enough. I thought they were f***ing shocking for a side who are supposedly battling for their lives. If they play like that the rest of the season they will go down, that wasn't a performance worthy of a deserved win imo.

Which makes losing to them even worse.

Without a doubt, shocking. I'm not moaning about the result, we got beat, fair enough. Wouldn't go as far to say they deserved the win though but wouldn't kick up a fuss that we were worthy of a point. Was such a nothing game which could have easily tipped either way.

They wanted it more so they deserved their win. If we can't beat Fulham over 90 mins then it seems a bit pointless begrudging them the win.

They wanted it more so they deserved their win. If we can't beat Fulham over 90 mins then it seems a bit pointless begrudging them the win.

Not sure they wanted it more either. Obviously they got it, so fair play.

Guest strongbow69

Better without creating one memorable chance? How the fuck does that work?

First half was awful, like a pre-season friendly. Second half they completely dominated. Other than the Cisse miss we didn't test their keeper once.

This pretty much sums it up like , spot on

They, on the other hand, did test Krul regularly.

Not sure they wanted it more either. Obviously they got it, so fair play.

If that's their die hard attitude to want 3 points, they may as well start preparing for the championship now. They'll not win many games with that attitude let alone performance.