Newcastle 1 - 0 Crystal Palace - 22/03/14 - Post-match reaction from page 31

Mike

Just checked the stats as well, Tiote had 155 touches with 121 passes complete at 91% accuracy. f***ing hell, love that.

He wasn't even particularly good today but he's always involved, love that too. Shame the shot that hit the crossbar didn't go in.

Might scroll the thread back to the moment he was taking the freekick as I didn't watch the game live. Must have been epic. :lol: :lol:

It's just that involvement from a central midfielder that I love, I appreciate Palace would hardly have been pressing us high up. 155 touches is insane.

The stats are eerily similar to an article I read raving about Cabaye for PSG against Leverkusen.

Anita's stats anywhere? I thought he was outstanding today as well - he was really driving and trying to make something, anything happen. He and Tiote were my standout players for the 90 minutes.

Just checked the stats as well, Tiote had 155 touches with 121 passes complete at 91% accuracy. f***ing hell, love that.

He wasn't even particularly good today but he's always involved, love that too. Shame the shot that hit the crossbar didn't go in.

Might scroll the thread back to the moment he was taking the freekick as I didn't watch the game live. Must have been epic. :lol: :lol:

It's just that involvement from a central midfielder that I love, I appreciate Palace would hardly have been pressing us high up. 155 touches is insane.

The stats are eerily similar to an article I read raving about Cabaye for PSG against Leverkusen.

Anita's stats anywhere? I thought he was outstanding today as well - he was really driving and trying to make something, anything happen. He and Tiote were my standout players for the 90 minutes.

119 touches, 96 passes, 89% completion.

His passes are noticeably higher up the pitch on average than Tiote's as you would expect, more passes in the final third than any other player (37 attempts, 28 completed) and 62 of this attemped passes were going forward (compared to Tiote's 66) .

those two beginning to look good together, well, apart from the absolute lack of creativity.

His passes are noticeably higher up the pitch on average than Tiote's as you would expect, more passes in the final third than any other player (37 attempts, 28 completed) and 62 of this attemped passes were going forward (compared to Tiote's 66) .

those two beginning to look good together, well, apart from the absolute lack of creativity.

Where are those stats from, out of interest?

Very poor stuff - negative, boring and safety-first football against a poor side.

Passing sideways, backwards is always the preferred option for many in the side...only Anita and to a lesser degree, Tiote, tried to get the forwards any service at all and the lack of movement off the ball was chronic.

NUFC are a side going through the motions.

Cisse missed at least 3 gilt-edged chances before he finally scored and the goal was actually timed as almost 4 minutes into injury time when we should only have had 3...no sympathy for Pulis but we would have complained bitterly if this had happened to us at OT when Ferguson was in charge.....

We shouldn't be surprised....no Cabaye, no Remy(and unlikely to be next season)and no Debuchy...we looked what we are, a side with little real class and pedestrian.

Those who didn't renew their STs have made a good decision....

Seen a few people picking up on timing on the goal. The 4th official had a mare anyways with just the 3 minutes, all subs were used and Speroni was constantly taking forever and a day on goal kicks. It's refs decision to play what time he sees fit, in this case that 3 minutes wasn't enough.

Anyone who feels Palace were hard done by are wrong, so wrong. They deserved to take nothing from that game, absolutely nothing.

Guest chopey

I've packed my season ticket in this season so I only have 4 homes games left, and I wont go back until Ashley and Pardew are gone. My thoughts as I sat there yesterday were that I wont miss it one bit, the atmosphere in the whole ground is just not there any more and it just seems that fans just turn up now as a sense of duty rather than to support the team. 

Guest neesy111

Seen a few people picking up on timing on the goal. The 4th official had a mare anyways with just the 3 minutes, all subs were used and Speroni was constantly taking forever and a day on goal kicks. It's refs decision to play what time he sees fit, in this case that 3 minutes wasn't enough.

Anyone who feels Palace were hard done by are wrong, so wrong. They deserved to take nothing from that game, absolutely nothing.

Do you know the rules of football?  It's the referee that decides the added on time.

My main gripes and praise:

Dummet - Seems to have gone from a marauding left back in hus initial performances to a tentative, anxious ba ball crosser. get him off corner duty ffs! (is this you percy?)

Colo & Willo - Really loking comfy bringing the ball out, but yesterday they were getting the run around by Jerome... Jeezus!

Anita & tiote - Both are trying to be more creative but they aren't that type pf player. they are both playing well and close to their capabilities so praise here.

Sissoko & gouff - both are playing tucked in and we are getting no width, makes us harder to play against but frustrating in an attacking sense.

Luke de Jong - Holds ball up well, end of... Gash! Do not want on permanent at all.

Cisse - Deja Vu / Flashback ???? That was the Cisse of old yesterday... Please!!!

Ben Arfa - Changed the game, made only one bad pass/decision which could have had a bad ending but apart from that he was great.Why we didn't get more ball out to him I'll never know.

Shola - Great servant to the club... Best of luck in the summer!

Guest neesy111

On reflection we deserved to win, but the quality of the game was absolute garbage from both sides and a side with more belief would had scored against us (I thought both CB's were shaky).

Do you know the rules of football?  It's the referee that decides the added on time.

The referee can play beyond the 3 minutes, it's indicator of time, doesn't mean to say has to end then. If Speroni in that time takes another 30 seconds for a goal kick, ref is more than capable of going beyond the three. 4th official was made to look the idiot when 3 minutes came up, no thanks to the ref for doing so but sure ref clicked on he'd made an error when the moans and groans from the crowd came up at only 3. That's pretty much the least you get after the 90 and the way palace time wasted, that just wasn't enough.

Guest neesy111

Tbf, this minimum thing isn't consistent as in the Man Utd game midweek the ref blew before the minimum added time.  Again no consistency across the game on a simple matter.

Guest neesy111

Aye, sorry came across like it meant he give the time. Just meant he had a mare in telling 50,000 people there's only 3 minutes :lol: Palace got what they deserved  :)

:thup:

Tbf, this minimum thing isn't consistent as in the Man Utd game midweek the ref blew before the minimum added time.  Again no consistency across the game on a simple matter.

10 seconds before as they were lofting a ball into the box. That pissed me off actually :lol: especially as RVP wasted a fair bit of time prior to the 90 then went through a bit of the added time.