Newcastle 1 - 0 Crystal Palace - 22/03/14 - Post-match reaction from page 31

Mike

Might be Giggs, but someone got hit by a car on Strawberry Place just after the match, ridiculous how many people try to drive along there just before 5pm.

I have never understood why they don't close Strawberry Place on matchdays or at least pre and post match for an hour.  I think those barriers that were installed for the Olympics are still there.

Might be Giggs, but someone got hit by a car on Strawberry Place just after the match, ridiculous how many people try to drive along there just before 5pm.

I have never understood why they don't close Strawberry Place on matchdays or at least pre and post match for an hour.  I think those barriers that were installed for the Olympics are still there.

They are, it's lunacy. Only needs to be closed for 15 mins pre/post game.

Go up there on a non match day and no one uses that road. Coming out after a match it's often the early leavers in their car or being picked up who drive down that road, then they act all surprised when they see fans walking down the road.

Go up there on a non match day and no one uses that road. Coming out after a match it's often the early leavers in their car or being picked up who drive down that road, then they act all surprised when they see fans walking down the road.

Loads of people use that road on a non match day, especially at the weekend.

because residents live on Leazes terrace and Leazes crescent and need access to their homes

because residents live on Leazes terrace and Leazes crescent and need access to their homes

I still think they could close it if the residents knew. For example, they close the road outside Craven Cottage around the match and even residents with parking permits have to move their cars somewhere else.

It's actually part of the ring road system and is quite busy most days to be honest.

Aye, and then seem surprised that they're stuck in traffic and sit there looking annoyed. Granted they might have to use that road but don't be shocked that there's a crowd knocking about.

Total mongs.

I've had a hatred for these idiots since I was a kid.

Either park away from the stadium and walk up, or if thats not possible, wait 10/15 mins until people have dispersed and then go.

Total mongs.

Either park away from the stadium and walk up, or if thats not possible, wait 10/15 mins until people have dispersed and then go.

Going to play devils advocate here as my family own a property on Leazes Crescent.

Nearly all residents avoid using the road at kick off or full time but on a few occasions it is unavoidable - e.g. when returning home from work at the same time as a weekday game.

I try to avoid it at all costs because you get radgies kicking your car and hurling abuse to you. In fact, i think i remember someone calling me a mong at one point :)

The council have said another reason they don't close the road is that it is a main access point to the A&E at the RVI.

Total mongs.

Going to play devils advocate here as my family own a property on Leazes Crescent.

Nearly all residents avoid using the road at kick off or full time but on a few occasions it is unavoidable - e.g. when returning home from work at the same time as a weekday game.

I try to avoid it at all costs because you get radgies kicking your car and hurling abuse to you. In fact, i think i remember someone calling me a mong at one point :)The council have said another reason they don't close the road is that it is a main access point to the A&E at the RVI.

That was me!

In all fairness, I see your points. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just one or two cars though, just seems to be loads on the road just after K.O.

Noticed recently that MYM loves crossing the ball on the volley.

That one late on when he volleyed it in at ridiculous pace was brilliant.

:thup:

MYM looks much more timid and nervous at RB then he did last season when he played in Europa. He seems hesitant to take people on or support down the wing - obviously he's a CB and all. But He's got quite a good cross on him and he's a good passer of the ball - his confidence looks zapped, of course.