Lee Charnley

Dave

This is the man that waited until we were almost certainly relegated before deciding to sack McLaren.  Given his track record of decision making, it's my view that he is the one who blocked incoming transfers in January.  Let's look at what could have led Charnley to that conclusion?  We were 9 points ahead of 3rd place.  Had three players coming back from the Afcon one of whom was a winger Atsu and another being a midfield player in Diame.  Charnley clearly arrogantly concluded that we didn't need Townsend or McCarthy as those positions were already covered by players we already had on our books not forgetting that we had Sammy covering for Atsu for a couple of weeks.  Its not an unreasonable conclusion, especially if the motivation was to save transfer funds to significantly strengthen the squad when/if we are promoted.  I do wonder whether we have agreed to buy those Serbian youngsters, on the advice of Carr, where we are rumoured to have offered £35m.  If so that may explain why the £30m profit from the summer wasn't available to rafa.

Maybe we didn't have the money to finance the signings???

The money was clearly there. Rafa was given a £30m transfer budget and generated a further £30m of transfer profit on top of that. Even the biggest Ashley apologist can't go down that route.

Just because we made a transfer profit doesn't mean there is money in the club.  I think the club is experiencing cash flow problems.

I'm going with the more believable story that Ashley has spat his dummy because he expected us to be well clear at the top of the league by now and isn't prepared to give Rafa any more cash. Expect Carr has been in his ear to complain about the type of player Rafa has brought into the club as well.

The money was clearly there. Rafa was given a £30m transfer budget and generated a further £30m of transfer profit on top of that. Even the biggest Ashley apologist can't go down that route.

Just because we made a transfer profit doesn't mean there is money in the club.  I think the club is experiencing cash flow problems.

I'm going with the more believable story that Ashley has spat his dummy because he expected us to be well clear at the top of the league by now and isn't prepared to give Rafa any more cash. Expect Carr has been in his ear to complain about the type of player Rafa has brought into the club as well.

Aligns well with that time he was furious with us for not getting fourth after signing Cissé.

I'm definitely of the opinion that Charnley isn't that much of a problem. While out of his depth he does Ashley's bidding in running the club, with Ashley's bidding now seemingly being directed by Carr on players.

The problem is Ashley and Carr as we all know, and with Ashley listening to Carr on transfers again, well aint that just dandy. He need to listen to Rafa, which I fear he absolutely wont and we're stuck with the fat cunt in purgatory.

I'm definitely of the opinion that Charnley isn't that much of a problem. While out of his depth he does Ashley's bidding in running the club, with Ashley's bidding now seemingly being directed by Carr on players.

The problem is Ashley and Carr as we all know, and with Ashley listening to Carr on transfers again, well aint that just dandy. He need to listen to Rafa, which I fear he absolutely wont and we're stuck with the fat cunt in purgatory.

You'd think he'd be furious with Carr after the cash wasted on the likes of Cabella, Thauvin, Saivet, DeJong, Colback etc.

The fact that Ashley had to put £33m in to 'offset the cost of relegation' suggests precisely that. 

This is the man that waited until we were almost certainly relegated before deciding to sack McLaren.  Given his track record of decision making, it's my view that he is the one who blocked incoming transfers in January.  Let's look at what could have led Charnley to that conclusion?  We were 9 points ahead of 3rd place.  Had three players coming back from the Afcon one of whom was a winger Atsu and another being a midfield player in Diame.  Charnley clearly arrogantly concluded that we didn't need Townsend or McCarthy as those positions were already covered by players we already had on our books not forgetting that we had Sammy covering for Atsu for a couple of weeks.  Its not an unreasonable conclusion, especially if the motivation was to save transfer funds to significantly strengthen the squad when/if we are promoted.  I do wonder whether we have agreed to buy those Serbian youngsters, on the advice of Carr, where we are rumoured to have offered £35m.  If so that may explain why the £30m profit from the summer wasn't available to rafa.

What Serbian Youngsters?

Then Ashley should remove all the free advertising for his tat empire and seek out some new commercial sponsors. Its all his making. The man is a tit.

What Serbian Youngsters?

They were Croatian. One of them was the FM Wonderkid Ante Coric.

Okay, let's assume this is all the case. Then why can't they just be straight with Rafa man? Have a discussion about things. Convince hi of the direction they want to go in. I'm not so sure Rafa would be dead against it anyway.

It's clear Rafa has no idea where things are at, and is being left under the impression that they are trying to get him what he wants, when they are not.

It's just idiotic.

any £30m bids for serbian kids were a smokescreen - as were the reported bids for that angers striker (which rafa knew nowt about).

all bullshit put out by the club as they did with KK and every manager since.

Most of these young'uns we buy are absolute duffers  :lol:

so are most clubs, they just buy more so they get it right on one of them at least while we buy maybe 1 a summer.

Whats the name of that lad from Slovinia who has been on our books for what seems like a decade now??  HE went on loan to Rangers and scored a couple of goals.

Most of these young'uns we buy are absolute duffers  [emoji38]

so are most clubs, they just buy more so they get it right on one of them at least while we buy maybe 1 a summer.

Whats the name of that lad from Slovinia who has been on our books for what seems like a decade now??  HE went on loan to Rangers and scored a couple of goals.

Vuckic. Only thing I can remember him doing for us is hitting the crossbar from miles out against Bolton IIRC

He'll be in a right predicament come the summer :lol:.

Mr Popular (in Rafa) chuck's it because of Mr Unpopular (Ashley) and Charnley has to pick up the pieces with an Ashley Mouthpiece in the post.

Enjoy the next few months Mr Charnley because your existence is going to be a thoroughly miserable one when Rafa leaves.

You'd think he'd be furious with Carr after the cash wasted on the likes of Cabella, Thauvin, Saivet, DeJong, Colback etc.

Yep and it baffles the fuck out of me why he isn't. Colback was a Pardew special, Obertan, Colback and Blob, what a guy Pardew is at picking players  :lol:

The problem is Ashley and Carr as we all know, and with Ashley listening to Carr on transfers again, well aint that just dandy. He need to listen to Rafa, which I fear he absolutely wont and we're stuck with the fat c*** in purgatory.

Yep and it baffles the f*** out of me why he isn't. Colback was a Pardew special, Obertan, Colback and Blob, what a guy Pardew is at picking players  :lol:

I was always concerned about this, especially thauvin. He didn't want to come, he was in the French Shite list the previous season and we threw millions at him.

McLaren is another one. He was carrs mate and from what I remember Ryder was jizzing himself when he was reporting it.

A couple of lucky spots in players that were always going to have a higher sell on value and his ability has never been called into question. But then, ashley doesn't seem to hold anyone to account for being shite.

If you add up the fees in for the Carr buys less the fees out for the Carr scouted sales what's that net to? Curious if Gini, Sissoko, Cabaye, and Janmaat outweigh it.

Sissoko alone was a £28.5m profit so you'd think so.  £15m profit on Cabaye, £6m on Debuchy, £10m (?) on Gini.....

If you add up the fees in for the Carr buys less the fees out for the Carr scouted sales what's that net to? Curious if Gini, Sissoko, Cabaye, and Janmaat outweigh it.

Sissoko alone was a £28.5m profit so you'd think so.  £15m profit on Cabaye, £6m on Debuchy, £10m (?) on Gini.....

I reckon it's a big profit overall but it includes two relegations, and the money involved with the premiership is where you want to be. I really can't fathom how any of the idiot minds running this club work. Thick as mince the lot of them.

Guest neesy111

I reckon it's a big profit overall but it includes two relegations, and the money involved with the premiership is where you want to be. I really can't fathom how any of the idiot minds running this club work. Thick as mince the lot of them.

It also includes 2 massive increases in the TV deal which have bumped up prices.  Look at how the mackems got 14m for PvA.

He'd have gotten a massive profit on Tiote if he sold him at his peak and didn't have Pardew trying to Essien him. He'd have a massive profit on Ben Arfa if he didn't seemingly let Pardew kick him out of the club...anyway, quite the weird time to be pipping up.