Stoke City 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 12/04/14 - Post-match reaction from page 30

Dave

Hadn't noticed these.

Invariably, the supposedly more difficult characters (Arnautovic) give you that spark that can change games, so you have to understand their issues, if they have issues, work around them and get the best out of them - that's what I try to do and my staff try to do.

"It's fair to say he came with a little bit of baggage, but we were probably exactly what he needed to get out of the environment he found himself in. German football, maybe because of a few episodes there, hadn't taken too kindly to him.

"He's come into an environment that appreciates him, appreciates what he can do for the team, and his personality is different and players enjoy being around him.

"It's not easy to come in and have an impact, certainly as a creative player. It's easier for defensive-minded players. When you are a creative player the onus is on you to win games and that's more difficult, but once he's got to grips with it, the second half of the season has been good for the team and good for him. In terms of his ability to cross on the run, he's one of the best I've seen.

Hughes might as well have gone up to Pards and given him the full-on wanker gesture in his face. This is the manager of Stoke City saying this ffs. :lol:

Fucking hell, outstanding :lol:

This and the Simione quote are actually pretty fucking eery.

Guest firetotheworks

literally all that .com has got going for it is that it's .com. They're totally shit and have been for yonks.

Guest zicomartin

Adam quite clearly 'took him out' with the dead leg.  It was obvious on TV.

I recall that they targeted our best players in the home game too, but the crazy sendings off then kinda diluted their aggression.

No better than Liverpool, trying to injure players or get them sent off to gain advantage.

Arseholes.

This line from the .com report should be enough to convince anyone that our manager is a tool:

That left Paul Dummett and Vurnon Anita at wing-back, while Papiss Cisse was joined up front by Shola Ameobi

The sheer buffoonery required to write down that team selection, look at it, consider it and still think it's a good idea is mind boggling.

Guest firetotheworks

Nothing will top what he did against Reading at home last season like. He does bathshit things on a weekly basis, but it takes some imagination to be that fucking terrible.

35 mins: Cabaye scores

65 mins: Marveaux<Perch

70 mins: Guthrie<Le Fondre

71 mins: Le Fondre scores

74 mins: Cabaye<Bigirimana

77 mins: Le Fondre scores

80 mins: Anita<Obertan

Honestly man. :lol: It'll only actually be funny once he's gone, but right now it's something that he's always liable to do. I'm convinced that I'd do a better job than him.

Guest neesy111

:serious:

:lol:

Guthrie was playing for Reading.

Ahh, totally forgot about that.

:okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay:

Guest neesy111

Has a manager in the Premiership ever subbed all 3 of his central midfielders before for absolutely no apparent reason?

Cabaye went off injured, other two were still nightmare subs though.

Ahh, thats what we were told.  Cabaye subsequently said a few days after he was fine and didn't have an injury.

Has a manager in the Premiership ever subbed all 3 of his central midfielders before for absolutely no apparent reason?

Cabaye went off because he was (apparently) never going to last 90 minutes as Pardew said either before or after the game, i think it was tiredness not an injury, but either way Pardew went ahead and subbed Marveaux before Cabaye, knowing fine well he was going to be taking Cabaye off soon anyway. It was a terrible decision.

Ahh, thats what we were told.  Cabaye subsequently said a few days after he was fine and didn't have an injury.

“I asked to come off because my groin became tight. I didn’t want to take any risks on my first start for so long. I have come back much earlier than was planned. The pitch was very heavy. I think it was the right decision for me.

“The fans were very angry but they did not realise I needed to come off. They should not blame the manager for that. It was my decision. I was also feeling tired. You cannot expect a player to be 100% in my situation. I was not fit enough to finish the game. That was why I came off.

“It is unfair to blame the manager when it was me who made the decision. I was afraid about my groin. I have come back from surgery and did not want to get pain again. I am not worried now because I came off. I think I will be all right.”

Really ???

Guest firetotheworks

Cabaye went off because he was (apparently) never going to last 90 minutes as Pardew said either before or after the game, i think it was tiredness not an injury, but either way Pardew went ahead and subbed Marveaux before Cabaye, knowing fine well he was going to be taking Cabaye off soon anyway. It was a terrible decision.

Exactly. Not only that too. Fair enough, you want to take off an attacking player and close out the game (another problem with him for another discussion) but after taking off Marveaux we then conceded, so you'd think he would think "okay, I was going to bring off Cabaye after 75 mins, but I've already taken off Marveaux and we're no longer winning. Shit, that was a bad decision, it means I'll have to leave Cabaye on."

But nar, he takes off Cabaye when we're no longer winning and then takes off Anita for Obertan, when Anita had already been switched to right back and was trying to bomb forward.

Argh god man, he's just a precision engineer in shitness.

Nothing will top what he did against Reading at home last season like. He does bathshit things on a weekly basis, but it takes some imagination to be that f***ing terrible.

35 mins: Cabaye scores

65 mins: Marveaux<Perch

71 mins: Le Fondre scores

74 mins: Cabaye<Bigirimana

77 mins: Le Fondre scores

80 mins: Anita<Obertan

Honestly man. :lol: It'll only actually be funny once he's gone, but right now it's something that he's always liable to do. I'm convinced that I'd do a better job than him.

What was served up against Reading could easily happen again when we play Swansea, please happen.

Guest neesy111

“I asked to come off because my groin became tight. I didn’t want to take any risks on my first start for so long. I have come back much earlier than was planned. The pitch was very heavy. I think it was the right decision for me.

“The fans were very angry but they did not realise I needed to come off. They should not blame the manager for that. It was my decision. I was also feeling tired. You cannot expect a player to be 100% in my situation. I was not fit enough to finish the game. That was why I came off.

“It is unfair to blame the manager when it was me who made the decision. I was afraid about my groin. I have come back from surgery and did not want to get pain again. I am not worried now because I came off. I think I will be all right.”

Really ???

Something was defo said that he wasn't injured following the game, remember it being discussed on here.  :undecided:

so you'd think he would think "okay, I was going to bring off Cabaye after 75 mins, but I've already taken off Marveaux and we're no longer winning. s***, that was a bad decision, it means I'll have to leave Cabaye on."

But nar, he takes off Cabaye when we're no longer winning

Cabaye was the one who asked to go off though. The two other subs were baffling but Cabaye for Bigi was the only sensible option to make at that present moment as he had already fucked up with Perch for Marv so soon. Should have been Perch for Cabaye but he panicked soon as Reading got a foot hold back in the game and hauled off Marv.

Guest firetotheworks

so you'd think he would think "okay, I was going to bring off Cabaye after 75 mins, but I've already taken off Marveaux and we're no longer winning. s***, that was a bad decision, it means I'll have to leave Cabaye on."

Cabaye was the one who asked to go off though. The two other subs were baffling but Cabaye for Bigi was the only sensible option to make at that present moment as he had already f***ed up with Perch for Marv so soon. Should have been Perch for Cabaye but he panicked soon as Reading got a foot hold back in the game and hauled off Marv.

Well yeah, that's the point though. Cabaye wasn't fully fit so he was an idiot for painting himself into a corner and taking off Marveaux, who although "not tracking back" was playing well. The formation switches as well man. It was almost like an example of what not to do as a football manager. I was fucking livid.

Cabaye was the one who asked to go off though. The two other subs were baffling but Cabaye for Bigi was the only sensible option to make at that present moment as he had already f***ed up with Perch for Marv so soon. Should have been Perch for Cabaye but he panicked soon as Reading got a foot hold back in the game and hauled off Marv.

Well yeah, that's the point though. Cabaye wasn't fully fit so he was an idiot for painting himself into a corner and taking off Marveaux, who although "not tracking back" was playing well. The formation switches as well man. It was almost like an example of what not to do as a football manager. I was f***ing livid.

Same, the cabaye sub nearly tipped me over the edge. Nearly broke my foot kicking the seat  :lol:

That's only reason i remember Cabaye saying he asked to come off as i thought well that rant and broken foot was pointless :lol: