Stoke City 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 12/04/14 - Post-match reaction from page 30

Dave

Had a great weekend, this was s****. Tried all game to get Pardew chants going with great difficulty. Finally a bit of momentum towards the end of the game.

We could hear anti-Pardew stuff in the first half.

Had a great weekend, this was s****. Tried all game to get Pardew chants going with great difficulty. Finally a bit of momentum towards the end of the game.

We could hear anti-Pardew stuff in the first half.

There was some.

Guest neesy111

It's now 1,376 minutes since Shola Ameobi scored a goal in the Premier League.

Best play him then.

Keep him on as well for the full 90 mins.

Had a great weekend, this was shite. Tried all game to get Pardew chants going with great difficulty. Finally a bit of momentum towards the end of the game.

Did you eventually get a wave?

:lol:

NEWCASTLE: Krul 7; Taylor 6 (Yanga-Mbiwa 61 6), Williamson 6, Coloccini 6; Anita 4, Gosling 6 (Ben Arfa 73), Tiote 5, Gouffran 5, Dummett 6; AMEOBI 7, Cisse 5 (Armstrong 74). Subs: Elliott, De Jong, Haidara, Bigirimana

Star shocker: Vernon Anita - A liability in both penalty boxes

:laugh:

Gouffran has been one of, if not the worst player on the pitch for the last three or four games as well. Fuck knows how he's still starting.

Turns out playing your first full season in the PL with no breaks totally ruins you, highlighted moreso when you're playing as a full back hand-holder in a team that rarely if ever dominates a game with the ball.

I caught the last 15-20 minutes of the first half on the radio and it speaks volumes that Gouffran was being talked up as having been really impressive by Prick Lowes and that addled tosser Ando.

Hadn't noticed these.

Invariably, the supposedly more difficult characters (Arnautovic) give you that spark that can change games, so you have to understand their issues, if they have issues, work around them and get the best out of them - that's what I try to do and my staff try to do.

"It's fair to say he came with a little bit of baggage, but we were probably exactly what he needed to get out of the environment he found himself in. German football, maybe because of a few episodes there, hadn't taken too kindly to him.

"He's come into an environment that appreciates him, appreciates what he can do for the team, and his personality is different and players enjoy being around him.

"It's not easy to come in and have an impact, certainly as a creative player. It's easier for defensive-minded players. When you are a creative player the onus is on you to win games and that's more difficult, but once he's got to grips with it, the second half of the season has been good for the team and good for him. In terms of his ability to cross on the run, he's one of the best I've seen.

Hughes might as well have gone up to Pards and given him the full-on wanker gesture in his face. This is the manager of Stoke City saying this ffs. :lol:

Hadn't noticed these.

Invariably, the supposedly more difficult characters (Arnautovic) give you that spark that can change games, so you have to understand their issues, if they have issues, work around them and get the best out of them - that's what I try to do and my staff try to do.

"It's fair to say he came with a little bit of baggage, but we were probably exactly what he needed to get out of the environment he found himself in. German football, maybe because of a few episodes there, hadn't taken too kindly to him.

"He's come into an environment that appreciates him, appreciates what he can do for the team, and his personality is different and players enjoy being around him.

"It's not easy to come in and have an impact, certainly as a creative player. It's easier for defensive-minded players. When you are a creative player the onus is on you to win games and that's more difficult, but once he's got to grips with it, the second half of the season has been good for the team and good for him. In terms of his ability to cross on the run, he's one of the best I've seen.

Hughes might as well have gone up to Pards and given him the full-on wanker gesture in his face. This is the manager of Stoke City saying this ffs. :lol:

Dear me. The sad thing is Hughes isn't even a well rated manager any more but he can see more with intuition than Pardew ever could with graphs and coaching badges :lol:

Hughes has found his level as a manager. He'll never be one to win the league, but, QPR aside, he'll manage smaller clubs to lower mid-table finishes and play half-decent football at times. Lower PL-/upper Championship-level manager.

Thought this was a bizarre line in .com's report:

Ben Arfa almost instantly suffered a dead leg and looked intent on departing before a touchline conflab resulted in his magically recovering - the lack of any Newcastle substitutes warming up from that point significant.

Probably because we'd already used all three.

Guest neesy111

Thought this was a bizarre line in .com's report:

Ben Arfa almost instantly suffered a dead leg and looked intent on departing before a touchline conflab resulted in his magically recovering - the lack of any Newcastle substitutes warming up from that point significant.

Probably because we'd already used all three.

Shows how clueless they are now?