Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20140609/united-confirm-colback-capture_2281670_3893177

http://i.imgur.com/TWyEKvE.jpg

Newcastle United are pleased to confirm the signing of Killingworth-born Jack Colback.

The former Sunderland midfielder, aged 24, was out of contract at the Stadium of Light at the end of last season and has signed a long-term contract at St. James' Park.

Colback joined Sunderland when he was ten-years-old and rose through their youth ranks to make his Black Cats debut on the final day of the 2009/10 season against Wolves.

That followed a successful loan season at Ipswich Town, which included playing twice against United, who romped to the Championship title. At the end of that campaign, Colback was named Players' Player of the Season at Portman Road.

Upon returning to the North-East, he went on to make 115 Barclays Premier League appearances for Sunderland and picked up a runners-up medal in the Wearsiders' 2014 Capital One Cup final defeat to Manchester City.

Left-footed Colback, who was capped once by England at under-20 level in March 2009, said: "I'm absolutely delighted.

"To come to the team I supported as a boy, my hometown team, will be really special for me.

"It was an opportunity I couldn't let slip. If you asked fans around the world the one thing they'd like to do before they die, it would be to play for the team they support and I've got the chance to do that.

"I've only got good things to say about Sunderland. They gave me my chance and I want to thank the fans and the club for all their support.

"I hope they can understand the chance I've had here to move to my boyhood club. Now I can't wait to pull on the black and white shirt at St. James' Park for the first time."

Magpies boss Alan Pardew added: "I'm extremely pleased to have brought Jack to Newcastle United.

"He's a great passer, versatile and rarely gives the ball away. He's also a local lad and knows exactly what playing for this Club means.

"And at 24-years-old, his best years are ahead of him so I think he'll be a big asset to us."

As long as he's been bought to play at Left Back allowing us to sell Santon, loan Dummett to some non league team in Wales where he belongs, and keep Haidara who does have some promise as back up, I don't see the problem.

Holy shit, was this serious?! :lol:

It's a shame he has gone for nowt but I think we needed to have a different type of player in midfield anyway - we've had too much of the same for years and need a bit flair. Larson won the survival of the fittest battle to stay between him, colback and gardner. (although obviously it was colback's choice to leave)

We've got far too much flair, so this helps both teams. :thup:

"He's a great passer, versatile and rarely gives the ball away. He's also a local lad and knows exactly what playing for this Club means." AP.

So not only a Cabaye replacement, but HBA replacement as well: two in one!

"He's a great passer, versatile and rarely gives the ball away. He's also a local lad and knows exactly what playing for this Club means." AP.

So not only a Cabaye replacement, but HBA replacement as well: two in one!

Left footed so can cut inside like Hatem did and track back!  :frantic:

Guest neesy111

Mike Ashley Lies ‏@MikeAshleyLies  36s

Pardew: "He rarely gives the ball away."

Dispossessions per game:

Colback 0.8

Anita 0.7

Cabaye 0.7

Gosling 0.3

Marveaux 0.3

Obertan 0.3

Mike Ashley Lies ‏@MikeAshleyLies  36s

Pardew: "He rarely gives the ball away."

Dispossessions per game:

Colback 0.8

Anita 0.7

Cabaye 0.7

Gosling 0.3

Marveaux 0.3

Obertan 0.3

The Angel Gabriel is a star in those stats though.

They've just lost their best midfielder to their local rivals for nothing, course they are going to be bitter. To compound the misery they've got Seb for another 3 years.

Its a good squad filler for us, a huge upgrade on Gosling, and probably a player the fraud can get the best out of (well relative to what he can do with real talent)