Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's this kind of signing that hands Pardy the rope with which he can hang iyam. He wants his hard working English types, may we sign all the Jack Colbacks in the world, and watch them burn.

There's not going to be enough rope to hang the cunt unfortunately. Ashley's sole objective is to stay in the division and these type of signings are more than enough to do that provided we supplement them with the odd Gomis or two. No management required from either Ashley or Pardew other than his usual PR bullshit. Absolutely ideal for the FCB.

They're in a minor meltdown on SMB.  Suddenly Colback isn't the player they thought he was.

Same on my twitter to. For someone who's as shite as they say the fact he's joined us is eating them up. Although they will deny this.

He could have been tbh. Had all the attributes. Had a very strange career

Him and Dyer had great potential, just never worked out for either of them due to differing circumstances. Jenas just couldn't handle any kind of pressure.

I'd say it worked out pretty well for both of them. Under Robson we played CL football with both of them pretty instrumental in those 3rd and 4th place finishes. Jenas' value increased here, and Dyer's did too despite being a crock. Neither of them was top, top level but for what we paid we got our money's worth.

At the top of their games they would look like they where worth £20m which I guess is the case for any £7m player on their day.

Also with Jenas - he was one of those players that looked better (not physically) in a game than their contribution merited.

Blessed with a good first touch, crisp style of passing, good technique, great engine, quick over short distances and long, surprisingly strong  at times, carried the ball well. But he rarely put it all together and towards the end just looked timid as hell. Certainly began regressing.

Injuries have meant his career finished at 28. Disappointing lad.

They're in a minor meltdown on SMB.  Suddenly Colback isn't the player they thought he was.

Good move. If only for the reason it's going to make him a very wealthy man. And tbh that's all most footballers are bothered about. He's gone for the money and nowt else. I for one don't blame him.

Coming to Mike Ashley's Newcastle for the money :lol:

We need a squad of players who can compete. Colbacks ok but most importantly, he has potential to improve.

We need more than a gosling upgrade though, we need someone who can create and score from midfield. Who knows whether we will show the ambition to sign someone to replace cabaye. Doubt it.

I don't think he is as bad as some make him out to be and I'm not saying it in a "he is better than Gosling" way either, the problem will be if he is going to start every week (wick is likely)

If it was a squad signing then it would be a good signing BUT we all know that he will start every week as a Cabaye replacement

Also he is a prick, shushing in the heat of the moment I can understand BUT the hand signs on Twitter are prickish, he is going to have to play class (plus score against the Mackems) to make up for it

This place is going to go into meltdown when Pardew adds his comments to the official unveiling:

"We're delighted to get this one over the line, we've been lacking that little bit of quality since Yohan left and Jack can provide us with that..."

I dont think people are making him out to be a bad player. He's not an improvement on what we already have in his position. I wouldn't start him ahead of tiote or Anita and I would rather give bigi a run in the team.

Also he is coming from the mackems and he acted like a prat when he was here last