Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Everyone laughed when we got this guy and it was suggested that he was the replacement for Cabaye, but it's actually true, as unbelievable as that may be.

Yeah, I had to defend that point for ages on here :lol: if I was a cunt id drag up the old posts

Me too. Some people still are holding on to the belief he doesn't play the same role as Cabaye.

Was clear as day, sell Cabs, replace him with free player. Our fans seem massively happy with it like

I think there must be an entire generation by this point who has never experienced us being a good team first hand. That's why there's a lack of standards these days. Particularly on Social Bantedia.

Must be, but I mean it's not even that long ago like, it should be ingrained in them by now. Depressing

03/04 was 11 years ago. Therefore those who are 18-24 probably don't remember the good times very well.

That's true but I mean, we know about the stuff before we were born, same as liverpool fans, etc surely its just part of being a fan

Yes but Liverpool fans still see their team win trophies even during the average times plus they have qualified for the Champions League quite a bit in the last 10 years. We've been relegated and just generally existed.

All right, he may be ginger, he may be from Killingworth, he may be an ex mackem and he did score against us once, but I don't think he deserves the vitriol he gets on here. He's obviously under orders to give it to "playmaker" Tiote at every possible opportunity.

All bile should be directed at one man, and one man only; Alan Pardew, who is quickly re-writing the history of this, once proud, football club.

Guest firetotheworks
:lol: I think that's just him being him tbh. I didn't notice anything other than the usual from him - running around like a tit, looking busy and doing sweet fuck all.

Yeah that was cringe worthy. :(

Why? What point were the fans trying to make?

I imagine being Anita at the moment and seeing this average Joe ahead of you. :(

Anita is no better or worse than Colback  Better off selling Anita if we can find a buyer..

Everyone laughed when we got this guy and it was suggested that he was the replacement for Cabaye, but it's actually true, as unbelievable as that may be.

Yeah, I had to defend that point for ages on here :lol: if I was a c*** id drag up the old posts

Me too. Some people still are holding on to the belief he doesn't play the same role as Cabaye.

Was clear as day, sell Cabs, replace him with free player. Our fans seem massively happy with it like

I think there must be an entire generation by this point who has never experienced us being a good team first hand. That's why there's a lack of standards these days. Particularly on Social Bantedia.

Must be, but I mean it's not even that long ago like, it should be ingrained in them by now. Depressing

03/04 was 11 years ago. Therefore those who are 18-24 probably don't remember the good times very well.

I think you underestimate the human memory. I'm 25 and remember the Bobby era very well, and remember Keegan (1) to a large extent. I feel most sorry for me, my first NUFC memories are the Keegan era, couldn't be worse for setting up disappointment.

Proper cringeworthy the way he got an extra big cheer with the line-up too. Reduced to cheering bosman mediocre mackems to wind them up.

Guest firetotheworks

I imagine being Anita at the moment and seeing this average Joe ahead of you. :(

Anita is no better or worse than Colback  Better off selling Anita if we can find a buyer..

*shakes head*

You people.

Anita gets the Ben Arfa treatment, has barely been picked in a run of games and one of the first players dropped when it all goes tits up .  This cunt is an ever present and has managed to produce the square root of fuck all in almost a half season and he will continue to be played as long as the cunt we have masquerading as a football manager is here.

Anita no better than Colback :lol:

Anita is a level above Colback in terms of technique, movement and passing.  He plays it first time, keeps things moving and knows where to position himself for a return.  Colback runs around.

Guest firetotheworks

Funnily enough this has been brought up before and my opinion hasn't changed.

Anita is a player that recycles things, knows his pass before he receives it and has a good footballing brain. He's a small but important part in a good midfield. Without other roles being filled it doesn't work. We could have had Sissoko, Cabaye, Anita for ages but never did.

I don't rate Colback at all and certainly wouldn't have him ahead of Anita. The fact he's a Cabaye replacement is nothing short of embarrassing and laughable.