Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

:lol: 羅拔·李爾為紐卡素建功片段(Robert Lee Newcastle United goals ) on Youtube.

Yet to see Colback do anything like that.

Tbf he did say Rob Lee minus the goals so that's not quite the stick to beat him with. :lol:

Colback was good the other day. He's just petrified of making proper attacking runs. As for "goals will come" I really can't see it being an aspect of his training under Pardew. If anything he'll be encouraged not to venture into the opposition half.

He's the epitome of Pardew on a football pitch. Knows his role, will never really try anything remotely risky and has a great sense of positioning. I actually think his best quality is footballing intelligence, combined with a knowledge of his own limitations. He would never start in a proactive team, but he fits Pardew's steaming shite perfectly.

Colback was one of the most effective players against Chelsea - that doesn't mean he was the best ability-wise(he never will be)but he covered acres of ground and was instrumental in breaking up their rhythm and attacks.

He is one-paced, but seems to have good anticipation of what is going on around him so that tends to make up for it.

Every side needs this type of player in the squad but the jury is still out as to whether he or Abeid is better in that position...I suspect Abeid has more goal potential and although Rob Lee is being compared to Colback, he was a better player technically and would always score more goals.

In some ways Colback reminds me of John McGovern, the unsung midfielder that Brian Clough took with him to almost every club after signing him for Hartlepool...Clough was once asked by Doug Weatherall of the Daily Mail why, and Clough answered by saying ' that is why I am a manager and you are a journalist, Doug..!'

Good to see him getting forward on Saturday. I actually think he does it quite well.

If he plays that way consistently, he'll be a far more useful player. Best game so far for Newcastle on Saturday I thought.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Chip in with a tackle and counter attack and he's already justified his position far greater than Tiote.

Tiote is becoming a bit of a liability.On and off the pitch.

Colback is establishing himself as one of our better and most reliable players.

This little dude had our best chance in the first half, arriving into the box late and should have buried it. Then he goes and makes a ferocious tackle on an opposition player, slips in Sissoko who got an assist on the counter. How some people can categorically say that he offers nothing as if he never ever will is beyond me.

Guest firetotheworks

Would like to have seen the response to any suggestion that he might be a more useless player than Tiote over the summer.

Because one's version of being in form is bang average and the other's version of being in form is very good?

I'm not a fan of Tiote at all anymore, but I'd still have him in the team ahead of Colback when both are playing to their current potential. I'd have neither in the team at all fwiw. One's a liability and the other's a nothing player that's had one good match.

Happy to stand by my opinion of him even after he's in relatively good form for a player of his ability.

Not that I was one of the people that said that in the summer, mind.

Would like to have seen the response to any suggestion that he might be a more useless player than Tiote over the summer.

Because one's version of being in form is bang average and the other's version of being in form is very good?

I'm not a fan of Tiote at all anymore, but I'd still have him in the team ahead of Colback when both are playing to their current potential. I'd have neither in the team at all fwiw. One's a liability and the other's a nothing player that's had one good match.

Happy to stand by my opinion of him even after he's in relatively good form for a player of his ability.

Not that I was one of the people that said that in the summer, mind.

See for me, I'd play Abeid in Tiote's "holding-role" as I found him to be a more reliable player, FAR better paced and he's less prone to the classic backwards pass that Tiote loves to do. So if that means we have to play Colback in a role next to him, fine, I'm not happy about it - but I'll play him there with Sissoko doing his thing in the center of the pitch as well.

De Jong is going to be a major spanner in the works once he gets back. Could see us go on a massive losing run, as Pardew proceeds to start playing people in crazy positions.

Leading to my next point, De Jong's return will muck things up a bit. But my opinion then goes Abeid-Sissoko partnership central with De Jong as the ACM, being told to get his arse back to help out (which we know AP will do)

Sissoko will be out wide as soon as DeJong returns, and we'll start looking even more horrid than usual. Tiote and Colback aren't that great at getting the ball forward, and De Jong isn't really a classic drop back and receive the ball guy either. More of a second striker in all honesty.

It will be disgusting.