Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Considering that if he wasn't in the team either De Jong or Perez would play and Wijnaldum would drop back then yes i'd argue he is.

Absolute rubbish. No way could Wijnaldum play in Colbacks role. What a total waste of an attacking minded player who'll score and create plenty of goals for us this season playing him that far back. It's the sort of thing I'd expect from Pardew. In fact scrap that I don't even think he'd be that stupid. He's an attacking midfielder, that's where he's played all his career at Feyenoord and PSV.

Except he played CM last year and everything he's best at lends itself to CM rather than it does AM. Also i'm not saying he should to do what Colback does :lol: That's the problem in itself, Colback is far too negative and we don't create anything through the middle because of it, we need more impetus from deep positions.

Not sure where you got the idea that playing CM is a waste, might want to let Yaya Toure and Cesc Fabregas know that.

I watched nearly every PSV game last season and he played primarily as an attacking midfielder, as he did throughout his Feyenoord career. I never once seen him play just in front of the back 4. You can't have 10 attacking outfield players on the pitch man, we'd get murdered as soon as we lost the ball if we did.  David Batty was one of the most negative players we had in the sense that he rarely passed the ball forward but he was great at winning the ball and giving it to someone who would dribble with it and get it forward.

He played CM in a 433, that's a fact. I don't want to get all TCD but you might want to reconsider your opinion :lol:

I never said play him in front of a back 4 either, there's a difference between sitting in front of the back 4 and playing as a B2B CM and linking play between a DM and a AM.

It's not an opinion it's a fact. He played up top last season with De Jong and Depay. Like I said I watched the vast majority of their games last season so I know that to be a fact. Guardado, Mayer and Narsingh generally played as the 3 in midfield with but he would interchange with Narsingh who played more wide right.

Narsingh is a winger man :lol:

He played with Guardado and Mayer and Narsingh and Depay were either side of De Jong.

And Wijnaldum is an attacking midfielder yet you want to take him out of his favoured position and play him in Colbacks role which takes away the majority of his attacking threat. And if you think him and Anita would be a strong enough midfield pairing in this league when we won't have the majority of position in a lot of games, unlike PSV who dominate just about every game they play in Holland, then you're thicker than I first gave you credit for.

Considering that if he wasn't in the team either De Jong or Perez would play and Wijnaldum would drop back then yes i'd argue he is.

Absolute rubbish. No way could Wijnaldum play in Colbacks role. What a total waste of an attacking minded player who'll score and create plenty of goals for us this season playing him that far back. It's the sort of thing I'd expect from Pardew. In fact scrap that I don't even think he'd be that stupid. He's an attacking midfielder, that's where he's played all his career at Feyenoord and PSV.

Except he played CM last year and everything he's best at lends itself to CM rather than it does AM. Also i'm not saying he should to do what Colback does :lol: That's the problem in itself, Colback is far too negative and we don't create anything through the middle because of it, we need more impetus from deep positions.

Not sure where you got the idea that playing CM is a waste, might want to let Yaya Toure and Cesc Fabregas know that.

I watched nearly every PSV game last season and he played primarily as an attacking midfielder, as he did throughout his Feyenoord career. I never once seen him play just in front of the back 4. You can't have 10 attacking outfield players on the pitch man, we'd get murdered as soon as we lost the ball if we did.  David Batty was one of the most negative players we had in the sense that he rarely passed the ball forward but he was great at winning the ball and giving it to someone who would dribble with it and get it forward.

He played CM in a 433, that's a fact. I don't want to get all TCD but you might want to reconsider your opinion :lol:

I never said play him in front of a back 4 either, there's a difference between sitting in front of the back 4 and playing as a B2B CM and linking play between a DM and a AM.

It's not an opinion it's a fact. He played up top last season with De Jong and Depay. Like I said I watched the vast majority of their games last season so I know that to be a fact. Guardado, Mayer and Narsingh generally played as the 3 in midfield with but he would interchange with Narsingh who played more wide right.

He played with Guardado and Mayer and Narsingh and Depay were either side of De Jong.

And Wijnaldum is an attacking midfielder yet you want to take him out of his favoured position and play him in Colbacks role which takes away the majority of his attacking threat. And if you think him and Anita would be a strong enough midfield pairing in this league when we won't have the majority of position in a lot of games, unlike PSV who dominate just about every game they play in Holland, then you're thicker than I first gave you credit for.

So you think Colback and Anita can play in midfield but not Wijnaldum and Anita? :lol:

Except it doesn't :lol: Majority of top teams have offensively driven CMs, just so negative it's unbelievable. Also calling me thick? coming from the person who thinks Narsingh is a CM i have to laugh. :lol:

Wijnaldum was an advanced shuttler, obviously, you silly fools.

Fed up of all this modern terminology sneaking into everyone's vocabulary. When I was a lad there was no such thing as an advanced shuttler, you were either a shuttler or you weren't. It's an oxymoron to say you're a shuttler if you're operating in an advanced role. Kids nowadays don't know shit.

Wijnaldum was dispossessed a couple of times when he came deeper, giving Southampton good counter attack chances. It would be madness to put him in Colback's role yet.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???

A couple of times, huh? How dare he. Never mind not putting him in midfield then. JUst keep him on the bench where he'll never be able to lose the ball a couple of times.

Wijnaldum was dispossessed a couple of times when he came deeper, giving Southampton good counter attack chances. It would be madness to put him in Colback's role yet.

Rather him be dispossessed while trying things than Colback passing it backwards and sideways and never creating anything tbh.

So you think Colback and Anita can play in midfield but not Wijnaldum and Anita? :lol:

Tackling is one of the weaker parts of Wijnaldums game. It's probably the strongest part of Colbacks. We'd get torn to shreds with him and Anita as a central midfield pairing.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???

A couple of times, huh? How dare he. Never mind not putting him in midfield then. JUst keep him on the bench where he'll never be able to lose the ball a couple of times.

Are you crazy?

There's a difference between getting dispossessed when you are playing as a #10 on the edge of their area compared to getting dispossessed when you come deep and have no cover behind you.

Except it doesn't :lol: Majority of top teams have offensively driven CMs, just so negative it's unbelievable. Also calling me thick? coming from the person who thinks Narsingh is a CM i have to laugh. :lol:

You're losing it here like. My post clearly states Narsingh played wide right and would interchange with Wijnaldum, something they did to great effect when they came from 1-0 down to beat Ajax 3-1. Nice try though.

Funny how we never got torn to shreds with that weakling Anita on the pitch and as soon as top "tacklers" Tiote and Colback were on the pitch together we suddenly started conceding loads of chances.....

It's almost like their lack of positional sense gave space to Southampton which wasn't there before.....

Guardado, Mayer and Narsingh generally played as the 3 in midfield

Aye i'm the one whose losing it :lol:

.......With Narsingh playing wide right only you didn't bother to complete my sentence  :lol: anyway it's on the previous page for all to see.

Think it's time you gave it up as a bad job.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???

Are you crazy?

There's a difference between getting dispossessed when you are playing as a #10 on the edge of their area compared to getting dispossessed when you come deep and have no cover behind you.

Hmmm ... so you have deciphered that because he lost the ball two times in that position yesterday, he will therefore always lose the ball if played deeper.

Sorry, who is the crazy one again?

By the way, did you see Holland use him in a deeper role in the World Cup? Have you seen him play more centrally for PSV?

Please be very careful how you address me my friend. Nonsense.

Wijnaldum was an advanced shuttler, obviously, you silly fools.

Fed up of all this modern terminology sneaking into everyone's vocabulary. When I was a lad there was no such thing as an advanced shuttler, you were either a shuttler or you weren't. It's an oxymoron to say you're a shuttler if you're operating in an advanced role. Kids nowadays don't know s***.

An advanced shuttler is very real, they're not quite gegen-shuttlers (their starting position is about 4.1 yards further forward), but they're much different to your average shuttler.

Like I said I watched the vast majority of their games last season so I know that to be a fact. Guardado, Mayer and Narsingh generally played as the 3 in midfield with but he would interchange with Narsingh who played more wide right.

:mystery:

So clearly I said he played wide right then. Thanks for clearing that up.

Like I said I watched the vast majority of their games last season so I know that to be a fact. Guardado, Mayer and Narsingh generally played as the 3 in midfield with but he would interchange with Narsingh who played more wide right.

:mystery:

So clearly I said he played wide right then. Thanks for clearing that up.

You are saying he played wide right and centre midfield at the same time