Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

i'd go close to saying it's the best i've seen him play today like :lol:

once he pushed up a bit he seemed to have a bit of a purpose in pressing their midfield, like it was something he'd been lacking for ages

then again he made loads of mistakes and was shit on the ball so easy come easy go

Apart from two great tackles on Mata and Rooney, he was terrible IMO. Miles away from the action for most of the game, and stupidly gave the ball away several times in dangerous positions.

Completed 25 of 28 passes. I didn't see the first half but was good in the second IMO as was Anita

Hit and miss, just like obertan. The misses however are far more noticeable. Hope sissoko replaces him.

Today his head went down and he looked out of it. Think long term Wijnaldum will be the one who drops into that position.

Apart from two great tackles on Mata and Rooney, he was terrible IMO. Miles away from the action for most of the game, and stupidly gave the ball away several times in dangerous positions.

Completed 25 of 28 passes. I didn't see the first half but was good in the second IMO as was Anita

Shows how different people view the game as I thought he completely disappeared in the second half. The game played round him.

This is what I'm seeing most games, he always seems to be just off the screen where the action is happening unless the ball comes right at him.

This is what I'm seeing most games, he always seems to be just off the screen where the action is happening unless the ball comes right at him.

Nowt wrong with that if taking up good positions, blocking opposition movement etc. Didn't seem to do that today.

Nowt wrong with that if taking up good positions, blocking opposition movement etc. Didn't seem to do that today.

He's always standing too far off the opponent to effectively block them anyway, they just pass the ball around him.

He's just positionally all over the place. Sometimes that means he's in the right place for mental last second tackles, most often it just means Anita gets to do the work of two, and then gets criticized for not being domineering. Please drop him.

He's just positionally all over the place. Sometimes that means he's in the right place for mental last second tackles, most often it just means Anita gets to do the work of two, and then gets criticized for not being domineering. Please drop him.

My biggest issue by far, there's other problems but his positional sense is by far my biggest gripe.

[pulls helmet firmly down on head...] I am generally an admirer of JC. There you are, said it....INCOMING!!! However, I looked at his performance today and noticed the kind of things I've been tutting at on here. I do think he was up against  top class opponents (thinking  about who he mainly came into contact with) but bar a couple of good blocks, a tackle or two, and decent work rate I didn't appreciate his performance as much today, even when he pushed forward a bit. Whereas noticed/ appreciated Anita more than I ever have. 

[pulls helmet firmly down on head...] I am generally an admirer of JC. There you are, said it....INCOMING!!! However, I looked at his performance today and noticed the kind of things I've been tutting at on here. I do think he was up against  top class opponents (thinking  about who he mainly came into contact with) but bar a couple of good blocks, a tackle or two, and decent work rate I didn't appreciate his performance as much today, even when he pushed forward a bit. Whereas noticed/ appreciated Anita more than I ever have.

So you went to specsavers yesterday, is what your saying?

That performance today was not unusual, that's standard for Colback BUT the occasional blocks and hard running seems to impress people

He needs to be dropped BUT sadly McClaren seems to rate him so think we are stuck with him stinking the midfield

That performance today was not unusual, that's standard for Colback BUT the occasional blocks and hard running seems to impress people

He needs to be dropped BUT sadly McClaren seems to rate him so think we are stuck with him stinking the midfield

He was worse today than usual.