Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worst player on the pitch in the first half from us.

He really wasn't. He played fine.

He did fuck all and we had 60% possession while he was on the pitch.

He covered Janmaat all half so he could push on, and I don't recall him losing possession. Didn't do anything wrong IMO.

He also made a good run and decent effort from Janmaat's lofted pass.

Aye that was unlucky. I just thought he had no drive going forward as usual.

Yeah I'll agree with that, but it looked like it was as per instruction. He was constantly in the right back position covering Janmaat. Maybe McClaren is trying to keep him playing wihin his limitations so that others (Janmaat pushing on) can excel in their strengths.

He covered Janmaat all half so he could push on, and I don't recall him losing possession. Didn't do anything wrong IMO.

It's not a Premier League central midfielder's job "not to do anything wrong". He should be influencing the game, not just trying to get through 90 minutes without making a cock up. He is absolute trash.

It's not a Premier League central midfielder's job "not to do anything wrong". He should be influencing the game, not just trying to get through 90 minutes without making a cock up. He is absolute trash.

yep, he shouldn't exist

I'm not saying he's a good player. I'm saying he did his job fine today. Whether you agree with the tactics or not, we have 2 holding midfielders. Colback did his role fine today.

I'm not saying he's a good player. I'm saying he did his job fine today. Whether you agree with the tactics or not, we have 2 holding midfielders. Colback did his role fine today.

He blatantly doesn't playing as a holding midfielder though, which is why you should be wanting more.

Cattermole-esque kicking a man when he's down. Hope you're happy chaps. Personally, I find it f***ing shameful.

Jack will be f***ing buzzing that his boys have done it again.

Roundly abused by former 'fans and acolytes',  unforgiven by fans of his home town team (after having to put-up with years of shit for being a Geordie in ther academy). Having to go off injured (rare as hen's teeth event), abused for his hair colour (genes, just like skin colour/ethnicity) and the nature of the position he is asked to play, by narrow-minded dimwits, who think they have the only perpsective/inside track on midfield role responsibilities. And losing 3-0 to the Makems... yeah, bet he's 'buzzing'...

Cattermole-esque kicking a man when he's down. Hope you're happy chaps. Personally, I find it f***ing shameful.

Jack will be f***ing buzzing that his boys have done it again.

Roundly abused by former 'fans and acolytes',  unforgiven by fans of his home town team (after having to put-up with years of shit for being a Geordie in ther academy). Having to go off injured (rare as hen's teeth event), abused for his hair colour (genes, just like skin colour/ethnicity) and the nature of the position he is asked to play, by narrow-minded dimwits, who think they have the only perpsective/inside track on midfield role responsibilities. And losing 3-0 to the Makems... yeah, bet he's 'buzzing'...

If he'd been the one to take Cattermole out then he might have won some people round, but he lost that duel as well. He should have kicked the ugly cunt into the stand but he just didn't want to go toe to toe.

Second time in 10 games Colback has gone off injured so it's not that rare. No one gives a shit how Sunderland fans treated him. He sucks and plays scared, consistently walks with the ball and passes it sidewards. He's asked to be a box to box midfielder, that's why you see him taking shit shots in the opposition box when he should be passing it to an open teammate, and that's why you see him making shit tackles on people that routinely go pass him.

Second time in 10 games Colback has gone off injured so it's not that rare. No one gives a s*** how Sunderland fans treated him. He sucks and plays scared, consistently walks with the ball and passes it sidewards. He's asked to be a box to box midfielder, that's why you see him taking s*** shots in the opposition box when he should be passing it to an open teammate, and that's why you see him making s*** tackles on people that routinely go pass him.

You evidently don't give a shit; though not sure you or other mindless haters can speak for everybody. How do you know what he is asked to do? What expectations do you have of him based on your 'box to box' midfielder assumption? How many players in other teams do you 'imagine' are given the same brief you ar eso confident that he is? Are there other briefs/roles you which you have heard of which create a more accurate expectation? Can you think of other contemporary players who are asked to do such a role? How would they compare to your 'box to box' expectation and related disappointment?

What did Colback do wrong today? He should had done better with that shot, I've no problem with him not passing it and other than that he did fine in a first half we completely controlled and where he had to be disciplined as Tiote had been booked. He then got clattered and had to go off. Did anyone see Anita place a 10 yard pass straight into touch? Colback's fault.

What did Colback do wrong today? He should had done better with that shot, I've no problem with him not passing it and other than that he did fine in a first half we completely controlled and where he had to be disciplined as Tiote had been booked. He then got clattered and had to go off. Did anyone see Anita place a 10 yard pass straight into touch? Colback's fault.

When you're playing midfield you can't just get away with doing nothing wrong

I'd happily never see him, Tiote or Anita playing again for us. If you want to do well in this league you can't be starting two out of those three.

I completely agree, unfortunately, we thought buying Thauvin was a more pressing requirement. That said, I've no idea why he's getting stick today for doing what he'd no doubt been told to do by McClaren.

I'd happily never see him, Tiote or Anita playing again for us. If you want to do well in this league you can't be starting two out of those three.

I completely agree, unfortunately, we thought buying Thauvin was a more pressing requirement. That said, I've no idea why he's getting stick today for doing what he'd no doubt been told to do by McClaren.

McClaren told him not to have any positive impact on the game whatsoever?

That's poor management imo.