Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He loves a pass back to the centre halves mind, before spinning and looking like he might be off to look for some space but miraculously finding himself hidden behind an opposing midfielder.

Has obviously heard of "give and go" but thinks that's the end of it.

He loves a pass back to the centre halves mind, before spinning and looking like he might be off to look for some space but miraculously finding himself hidden behind an opposing midfielder.

Has obviously heard of "give and go" but thinks that's the end of it.

The amount he did that today was a joke. The guy takes freekicks, how can he not have in his head the concept that he can pick a man out with a pass? Its bizarre. Anita clearly isnt the central playmaker, he harries the ball more than Colback. So what the fuck does Colback think his role is? Pissed me right off today.

Guest firetotheworks

The amount of times hes in space, looks forward. Turns around and passes it to a defender.

Did it right towards the end after Anita had nipped in superbly to stop a Villa break, turned under pressure, forward pass into Colback who waited until he was closed down, turned round and passed it back to a defender.

Absolutely fucking detest the prick. The mackems had exactly the same problems at home against shit teams for years while this little wankstain was getting a game.

Player out wide (usually Janmaat) looking to make a run outside the fullback and you can guarantee that if Colback's on the ball he'll run towards them, wait until someone closes him down and then pass it to their feet, forcing them to play it to Mbemba or further down the line, to feet, so a player further forward. He's the most pointless footballer I think I've ever encountered, he doesn't do anything. He's the personification of one of the nothing, generic players that you got at the start of a Master League campaign on Pro Evo.

near the end of the game one of Villa players chased a ball down the channel and colback had an angle to get there first and somehow managed to end up struggling to reach him- I cant even figure out how he managed it, like magic or something.

Amazing how often he is on the wrong side of his man when the ball drops in the middle, usually for absolutely no reason.

Even some of the crowd picked that up today. It was fucking abysmal. I think he passed one ball forward all game when he lobbed one forward into space in the second half.

Amazing how often he is on the wrong side of his man when the ball drops in the middle, usually for absolutely no reason.

Aye, really good point that. Anita was far, far better than him today.

Well that's not true.

It is true like, Anita played well, Colback did not.

Well that's not true.

Anita did not play well. Putting a shift in and doing a bit of pressing while doing nothing on the ball isn't playing well

Well that's not true.

Anita did not play well. Putting a shift in and doing a bit of pressing while doing nothing on the ball isn't playing well

He's there to press though.

It's not his fault he hasn't got someone next to him to do something with it when he wins it.

Would rather see De Jong in the middle instead of Colback.

In comparison Anita played well but I am still not convinced by him, however likeable.

Cant Carttermole actually do something useful and break his leg or something next time we play.

I used to think he was average and worthy of a squad place but he has actually got far far worse than average. Absolute turd. Contributes absolutely nothing positive.

He's a symbol for anti football and everything that football at SJP shouldn't be.

Plus he actually is a terrible footballer too.

The way it's been these last few years, the "sexy football" loving Newcastle crowd cliché can die peacefully.

Even if we sign a CM it will be Anita who is sacrificed.

Anita is no better than Colback.. both need to be replaced...They offer nothing going forward and struggle to impose themselves on the game. Thay may run around and try, but we need a lot more than that. Whilst these two are our central midfield pair we will always be in a relegation fight.