Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Even if we sign a CM it will be Anita who is sacrificed.

Anita is no better than Colback.. both need to be replaced...They offer nothing going forward and struggle to impose themselves on the game. Thay may run around and try, but we need a lot more than that. Whilst these two are our central midfield pair we will always be in a relegation fight.

Yeah, not that Anita is a top level CM but he's much better than Colback, Stevie Wonder knows this.

He's more likely to look for a forward pass for one and is a better tackler. Colback gets such a free ride for being someone who 'came home' from the Mackems and the fact he has 'fight' by cropping people.

He's a better tackler than Colback .well that made me smile.  Neither have a decent forward pass in them. Both should be no where near our first team..

He's more likely to look for a forward pass for one and is a better tackler. Colback gets such a free ride for being someone who 'came home' from the Mackems and the fact he has 'fight' by cropping people.

He's a better tackler than Colback .well that made me smile.  Neither have a decent forward pass in them. Both should be no where near our first team..

I think everyone accepts that we need 2 central midfielders to replace them both if we want to improve BUT trying to suggest Anita and Colback are similar is quite frankly bollocks, Anita is better than Colback in pretty much all aspects of the game, apart from hiding, Colback has that attribute nailed

Anybody think of a weaker centre midfield pairing than ours in the prem? I still laugh out loud at times when I see Anita running full throttle, he looks like a cartoon figure when the body stays still and the legs are going 100mph.

Well on the last point I agree. its strange how Colback his picked up for the same supposed limitations.

I think everyone accepts that we need 2 central midfielders to replace them both if we want to improve BUT trying to suggest Anita and Colback are similar is quite frankly bollocks, Anita is better than Colback in pretty much all aspects of the game, apart from hiding, Colback has that attribute nailed

we need two new players that's for sure, but to say Anita is better than Colback is like saying a kick in the head is better than a kick in the balls. Both are crap and out of their depth  .

we need two new players that's for sure, but to say Anita is better than Colback is like saying a kick in the head is better than a kick in the balls. Both are crap and out of their depth  .

Well I disagree, I don't think Anita is crap whereas Colback certainly is

I still want 2 new midfielders BUT even if we got 1 good midfielder I think a Good CM/Anita partnership works yet Good CM/Colback would still be crap

They're both completely unsuited. The problem is that Colback is always the one that plays for 90 minutes, regardless of who's playing better. Saying one of them played better today isn't really suitable, it should just be who played less bad. Our midfield is a joke.

Agree with this.  I thought Anita was half decent though TBH.  Actually made some decent tackles, ones that I don't usually see him make and all.  Outmuscled their players a couple of times, which is unheard of for the wee man.  Like you say, neither are suited though.

When the sub was being made, I knew it would be Anita.  Even though Colback was yet again, playing like a complete and utter shithouse.  When we were pressing high in the first half.  Even Cisse and de Jong were successfully getting to their man and rushing them into playing.  Colback, on more than one occasion, would end up the wrong side and just get rolled and turned easily.  He's a pathetic footballer.  Absolutely stealing a living.

I haven't disliked an NUFC player this much since Lee Bowyer.  At least he had some ability, though.

I'd love to sit down with Mclaren and watch a passage of play on TV between Colback and Dummett then ask him exactly what he sees in them which makes them anywhere near Premier League players

Yep, it would be fascinating. I was also a bit non-plussed to hear Stan Collymore waxng lyrical about Colback recently. Whilst I feel the occasional need to support the lad/generally can see the value in/appreciate that style of player, I do think that even by his own standards (which many on here would see as being pretty low) recently he has been exposed, looked too weak on the ball, and too unimaginative (being kind) in posession.

In the match thread I made a post about how deliberate every action is with these 2 - it really is like they turned up to the first lesson in how to control a ball, make it stop then make a deliberate push on the ball to pass it. They do this brilliantly by the way.

The problem is that they have never progressed from this. You can probably count on one hand the number of moving balls Dummett his hit this season, and still have enough fingers on the same hand to count the number of first time passes Colback has made.

They are the type of player who will always be in a relegation battle due to the negative impact they have on the rest of the team, but will be looked at as good pros to have in a relegation fight as they are used to that environment. Football really baffles me at times