Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Never much cared for Guthrie tbh. And Perch had about 6 months of being decent and 2 years of s****. Had he stayed longer he could move up the charts, but I'm not forgetting the s*** he served up for a long time.

Nah I was never convinced by Guthrie. Had a decent run when we finished 5th and in the Championship, that was about it.

Guest firetotheworks

Colback ahead of Guthrie and even Perch? Are you f***ing high? :lol:

Are you?

1. Colback has played TWO, aye TWO games for us.

2. Guthrie was half the reason that we got promoted, filled in admirably for Cabaye in 11/12 and had a good season all round that year when we finished 5th.

3. Perch, although being limited had a very good season in 11/12 where he filled in everywhere. It got to the point that it seemed a bit daft to sell him when he was decent back up.

I didn't like Perch that much and aside from having a cracking right foot on him, Guthrie was very limited. However, I saw enough of them to make that judgement and they had spells where they both played very well for us.

Colback has played TWO, yes TWO games for us and has been average in both. Putting him above those two players on those two performances is absolute fiction.

Guest firetotheworks

Colback made over 100 appearances for Sunderland. He's made 2 appearances for us but it's not a stretch to say he's a lot better than Perch and Guthrie tbh.

On what I've seen of him, it absolutely is.

Colback ahead of Guthrie and even Perch? Are you f***ing high? :lol:

Are you?

1. Colback has played TWO, aye TWO games for us.

2. Guthrie was half the reason that we got promoted, filled in admirably for Cabaye in 11/12 and had a good season all round that year when we finished 5th.

3. Perch, although being limited had a very good season in 11/12 where he filled in everywhere. It got to the point that it seemed a bit daft to sell him when he was decent back up.

I didn't like Perch that much and aside from having a cracking right foot on him, Guthrie was very limited. However, I saw enough of them to make that judgement and they had spells where they both played very well for us.

Colback has played TWO, yes TWO games for us and has been average in both. Putting him above those two players on those two performances is absolute fiction.

So Guthrie had a good season against crap Championship teams, and I'm going to disagree with you on the second part of point 2, he was back up, that was all, can't say he did well, can't say he did poor.

Yet Colback has been decent if not one of the best players Sunderland have had for the last few years in the Premiership, was MOM against the champions and was taking the ball off players who have been described as 'world class' and had another good game against Villa yet Guthrie who did well against shit opposition is better?

There is a reason why Guthrie isn't playing Premiership football now.

Guest firetotheworks

Perch is f***ing bobbins, that's why he's playing for an average Championship team.

Didn't say he wasn't, but I also think Colback is. However, Perch played well for us when given the job of getting the ball and giving it to someone with better ability, he did that for a good 18 months. Colback has had two matches ffs. Even if he'd looked like Cabaye Mk II it's 2 matches. As it happens he's had 2 matches and looked completely ordinary.

he was back up, that was all, can't say he did well, can't say he did poor.

:lol: fucking hell. You cannot rate a player because he's backup now?

Guthrie done what he was asked most of the time which I suspect Colback will do too.

I never said he didn't do what was asked of him, I just said he didn't excel and he didn't let us down. He did do what was asked of him but to say he is better than Colback is a bit much.

Sorry, is Stifler seriously still replying to my posts on here...

And, whats your problem? Your posting on here an opinion, the whole point of being on here is so that people can discuss their opinions. When you make a post saying your opinion you leave the door open for me and anyone else to discuss it. It's up to you to if you want to ignore me but I'm not going to get petty and ignore you or anyone else.

Guthrie done what he was asked most of the time which I suspect Colback will do too.

I never said he didn't do what was asked of him, I just said he didn't excel and he didn't let us down. He did do what was asked of him but to say he is better than Colback is a bit much.

It's not though :lol:

Colback has played 2 games and he was "areet," his games for Sunderland don't matter at all, if he doesn't do it for us then what's the point?

It's only two games into the season but I think you've already seen what you're going to get with Colback. He's a decent, efficient midfielder, who doesn't make many mistakes but rarely does anything that stands out. I'm still not convinced he's better than what you already had, and if Pardew thinks he's a replacement for Cabaye then he's delusional.

Saying that, the ginger **** will probably score against us in December  ;D

He's better than Gosling, but should not be starting

It's not though :lol:

Colback has played 2 games and he was "areet," his games for Sunderland don't matter at all, if he doesn't do it for us then what's the point?

Ok then, if we are only counting games he's played for us I still think he's better than Guthrie, his two appearances have been good displays. I don't hide away from the fact that he needs to keep his form up, but so far I think he is far more capable and effective than Guthrie was for us. Time will tell if he still is when he's played the same amount of games as Guthrie did.

Guest firetotheworks

Sorry, is Stifler seriously still replying to my posts on here...

And, whats your problem? Your posting on here an opinion, the whole point of being on here is so that people can discuss their opinions. When you make a post saying your opinion you leave the door open for me and anyone else to discuss it. It's up to you to if you want to ignore me but I'm not going to get petty and ignore you or anyone else.

If it's up to me to ignore it and you know that I've asked you not to reply to my posts because I don't want to speak to you, then you doing so is either pointless (because you know you won't get a reply to any points you make) or inflammatory (because you know you'll get a reply like this one where I tell you f*** off)

No further posts about it, I'm not sullying another thread with this bullshit, just know on record that I won't be bothering with anything that you directly respond to on here, so don't waste your time.

but so far I think he is far more capable and effective than Guthrie was for us

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guthrie was average for us, his best games for us were against significantly weaker opposition. Do you actually want to counter that point or are you just going to sit there posting smilies?