Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I wish we'd just play a midfield 3 with one holding midfielder and the other two with freedom to get forward, but also drop and help defend when the opposition has the ball. I would like to see De Jong and Wijnaldum as the two to play this role, with Anita sitting.

Considering that if he wasn't in the team either De Jong or Perez would play and Wijnaldum would drop back then yes i'd argue he is.

Absolute rubbish. No way could Wijnaldum play in Colbacks role. What a total waste of an attacking minded player who'll score and create plenty of goals for us this season playing him that far back. It's the sort of thing I'd expect from Pardew. In fact scrap that I don't even think he'd be that stupid. He's an attacking midfielder, that's where he's played all his career at Feyenoord and PSV.

Yeah totally agree. Zero idea what Mole is about here like.

He wants us to play our most creative player, a player with a career average of near enough a goal every 3 games, sitting deep protecting the back 4 in a position unfamiliar to him. It just beggars belief really.

I don't understand why we have to play Winegum deeper.  He is the best attacking midfielder last season in Netherlands and score tons of goals.  Why take him away from his best position?

Because Colback is a ginger mackem cunt. :crazy2:

I couldn't give a shit about that if he could do one job really well, i.e. defensive midfielder or attacking midfielder. It seems to me he does a bit of both but neither to much effect. When he's in the side you need another defensive midfielder alongside as insurance policy because he can't do that role on his own whereas I would argue that Anita can.

Considering that if he wasn't in the team either De Jong or Perez would play and Wijnaldum would drop back then yes i'd argue he is.

Absolute rubbish. No way could Wijnaldum play in Colbacks role. What a total waste of an attacking minded player who'll score and create plenty of goals for us this season playing him that far back. It's the sort of thing I'd expect from Pardew. In fact scrap that I don't even think he'd be that stupid. He's an attacking midfielder, that's where he's played all his career at Feyenoord and PSV.

Except he played CM last year and everything he's best at lends itself to CM rather than it does AM. Also i'm not saying he should to do what Colback does :lol: That's the problem in itself, Colback is far too negative and we don't create anything through the middle because of it, we need more impetus from deep positions.

Not sure where you got the idea that playing CM is a waste, might want to let Yaya Toure and Cesc Fabregas know that.

Yeah totally agree. Zero idea what Mole is about here like.

He wants us to play our most creative player, a player with a career average of near enough a goal every 3 games, sitting deep protecting the back 4 in a position unfamiliar to him. It just beggars belief really.

Unfamiliar :lol: Only played the whole of last season there in the best year of his career there, also i don't want him sitting and protecting the back 4.

You can play CM with attacking license, all the best teams have CMs like that and we desperately need it. What beggars believe is the idea that if you play deeper you are automatically limiting someone and playing them defensively.

We have more depth at attacking midfield and Gini seems perfectly suited to a traditional central midfield role. Something that no other fucker in the squad is suited to. We do not need two defensively minded midfielders in there.

Except he played CM last year and everything he's best at lends itself to CM rather than it does AM. Also i'm not saying he should to do what Colback does :lol: That's the problem in itself, Colback is far too negative and we don't create anything through the middle because of it, we need more impetus from deep positions.

Not sure where you got the idea that playing CM is a waste, might want to let Yaya Toure and Cesc Fabregas know that.

I watched nearly every PSV game last season and he played primarily as an attacking midfielder, as he did throughout his Feyenoord career. I never once seen him play just in front of the back 4. You can't have 10 attacking outfield players on the pitch man, we'd get murdered as soon as we lost the ball if we did.  David Batty was one of the most negative players we had in the sense that he rarely passed the ball forward but he was great at winning the ball and giving it to someone who would dribble with it and get it forward.

We have more depth at attacking midfield and Gini seems perfectly suited to a traditional central midfield role. Something that no other f***er in the squad is suited to. We do not need two defensively minded midfielders in there.

Would be a pretty pointless signing on the face of it if we continue start Colback and Anita tbh, when you consider no one else brings what he brings and we have Perez, De Jong and Cabella who can all play off a striker. Would be benching superior players for no reason what so ever.

I am desperate to see De Jong start and play the majority of a game with Wijnaldum and Anita.

Poor guy gets put on when both are out, and then no one gets him the ball.

:thup:

Anita

Wijnaldum

De Jong

Would be alright with me boss.

We have more depth at attacking midfield and Gini seems perfectly suited to a traditional central midfield role. Something that no other f***er in the squad is suited to. We do not need two defensively minded midfielders in there.

Would be a pretty pointless signing on the face of it if we continue start Colback and Anita tbh, when you consider no one else brings what he brings and we have Perez, De Jong and Cabella who can all play off a striker. Would be benching superior players for no reason what so ever.

:thup: Completely forgot about Cabella too.

I watched nearly every PSV game last season and he played primarily as an attacking midfielder, as he did throughout his Feyenoord career. I never once seen him play just in front of the back 4. You can't have 10 attacking outfield players on the pitch man, we'd get murdered as soon as we lost the ball if we did.  David Batty was one of the most negative players we had in the sense that he rarely passed the ball forward but he was great at winning the ball and giving it to someone who would dribble with it and get it forward.

Well yeah, that sort of reinforces my point earlier. Batty was really good at being a defensive midfielder so we only needed one of his type. As soon as Dalglish arrived he started packing in more defensive midfielders and our game went to pot.

It's interesting that both of the players you mention came in for varying degrees of criticism last season for not providing enough defensive help.

He played CM in a 433, that's a fact. I don't want to get all TCD but you might want to reconsider your opinion :lol:

I never said play him in front of a back 4 either, there's a difference between sitting in front of the back 4 and playing as a B2B CM and linking play between a DM and a AM.

It's interesting that both of the players you mention came in for varying degrees of criticism last season for not providing enough defensive help.

They were also responsible for over 20 goals.

He played CM in a 433, that's a fact. I don't want to get all TCD but you might want to reconsider your opinion :lol:

I never said play him in front of a back 4 either, there's a difference between sitting in front of the back 4 and playing as a B2B CM and linking play between a DM and a AM.

It's not an opinion it's a fact. He played up top last season with De Jong and Depay. Like I said I watched the vast majority of their games last season so I know that to be a fact. Guardado, Mayer and Narsingh generally played as the 3 in midfield with but he would interchange with Narsingh who played more wide right.

He doesn't want him playing just in front of the back four. There is such thing as just a central midfielder that is not an attacking midfielder or a defensive one

It's not an opinion it's a fact. He played up top last season with De Jong and Depay. Like I said I watched the vast majority of their games last season so I know that to be a fact. Guardado, Mayer and Narsingh generally played as the 3 in midfield with but he would interchange with Narsingh who played more wide right.

Narsingh is a winger man :lol:

He played with Guardado and Mayer and Narsingh and Depay were either side of De Jong.

Mole, I honestly think it may not work.  You are practically asking Winegum to sit deeper and give more contribution, linking from the back and roam forward and get into scoring position like what he did last match.  The problem is he doesn't have the stamina to do that much.  Yesterday he was knackered after 70 mins.  You sure he can do that much?  In Netherlands may be, but in EPL, under such pace, I really doubt that.  And in addition, I feel extremely insecure to have Anita the only one protecting our back four.  You forgot that stupid penalty Anita gave out last season? 

I think Winegum should stick to where he played last match.  If you want a more attacking set up, it should be Sissoko to play in centre as a box to box, not Winegum.  Save his energy for scoring goals.

Aye, according to whoscored he played CM last season and he managed 10 goals. He looks to have some discipline in that role too judging by how switched on defensively he was against Soton, i'd like to see him on the ball as much as possible. You get that at CM.

Mole, I honestly think it may not work.  You are practically asking Winegum to sit deeper and give more contribution, linking from the back and roam forward and get into scoring position like what he did last match.  The problem is he doesn't have the stamina to do that much.  Yesterday he was knackered after 70 mins.  You sure he can do that much?  In Netherlands may be, but in EPL, under such pace, I really doubt that.  And in addition, I feel extremely insecure to have Anita the only one protecting our back four.  You forgot that stupid penalty Anita gave out last season? 

I think Winegum should stick to where he played last match.  If you want a more attacking set up, it should be Sissoko to play in centre as a box to box, not Winegum.  Save his energy for scoring goals.

It's not even that attacking, it's a CM and a DM with attacking midfielders/wingers in front of them. It's a standard 4231, majority of teams have one offensive minded CMs in that system.

I hate how people have been brain washed into thinking that you need two midfielders sitting otherwise it's too attacking.

I have no doubt he can play as a CM. With the positions Colback was taking up yesterday, I think he'd be ideal in that role. That way, instead of passing it back/sideways when receiving it in 5 yards of space, we'll have someone who can turn and run. His stamina will improve once his fitness gets up and he's more used to the league.

Guest reefatoon

Anyone saying fucking winegum deserves a kick in the cock. You have said it three times in one post, that's a hatrick of punts in the penis for you.