Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What a massive difference it would be having a quality CM replacing him. A footballer that can contribute in two directions instead of none. Would make the team so much better overall. Add a LB and CB to that for some balance and strength in our spine and we'd be twice the team already.

If he was a DM who broke up play then I would take as many yellow cards as necessary. Fact is he's a poor midfielder who gets booked a lot without breaking up play, because he has bad positioning and little athleticism.

hes so slow, why does he try and tackle and get nowhere near the ball? does he think hes closer to the ball than he actually is or something? its fucking baffling to me, either get close enough or dont challenge. maybe needs contact lenses or something.

So sick of him being one of the first blokes on the team sheet every b****** week.

Massive hinderence. We can't progress and develop as a side with him in it but he's no way near being forced out.

3 yellows suggest he's closer than we think :lol:

Pretty sure had he not got injured, he'd have served his 2 game suspension by now.

So sick of him being one of the first blokes on the team sheet every b****** week.

Massive hinderence. We can't progress and develop as a side with him in it but he's no way near being forced out.

3 yellows suggest he's closer than we think :lol:

Pretty sure had he not got injured, he'd have served his 2 game suspension by now.

Aye, suppose he'll be forced out for 2 games. We could win the two games and he would come straight back in though :lol:

Been a long time since i hated a player who plays for Newcastle as much as i do Colback. Lee Ryder gave him an 8 for his performance with the tagline of 'ran himself into the ground', pretty much summed up why certain fans like him.

Re: Ryder's rating of 8, and comment 'ran himself into the ground'.

Until now I never fully appreciated how heroic an effort it is, and how tough a gig it must be to run in the slipstream of shadows for much of ninety minutes.

Thank you Lee. I'm now converted.

I love Jack ♡♡♡.

So sick of him being one of the first blokes on the team sheet every bastard week.

It's that one position we reserve for a British player, and then it tales years to get rid. Nicky Butt, Alan Smith, now it's Jack Colback.

If you look at the game on Sunday and assess each player's contribution, you've got to say Colback's is poor. Not many other players on the team, even his partner there is midfield who has been as woeful as he has this season, can be labeled as simply not contributing to the cause.

Would be fine if this was an isolated incident but is almost every game he plays, he's just not of the required level, don't care how much running the stats say he does, my own eyes tell me, the bloke is crap.

Central midfield needs to be the focus of January, we need two PL quality CMs to replace the current incumbents, if that's all we do in the window I wouldn't be overly happy but it needs to be the focus.

He was rotten for the most part on Sunday like, bar the well worked free kick for the first.

As you say Ian, if we had a proper CM we'd have the makings of a decent team.

Just too bad that the fantastic Mackem-Geordie Ginger-Pirlo is already regarded as such by most.

If you look at the game on Sunday and assess each player's contribution, you've got to say Colback's is poor. Not many other players on the team, even his partner there is midfield who has been as woeful as he has this season, can be labeled as simply not contributing to the cause.

Would be fine if this was an isolated incident but is almost every game he plays, he's just not of the required level, don't care how much running the stats say he does, my own eyes tell me, the bloke is crap.

Central midfield needs to be the focus of January, we need two PL quality CMs to replace the current incumbents, if that's all we do in the window I wouldn't be overly happy but it needs to be the focus.

While I agree an an ideal world Anita doesn't offer quite enough to be a starter he has been man of the match contender on at least 3 or 4 seperate occasions this season and has put Colback to shame in almost all of them, hes been far improved this season while still not being quite good enough.

Nowhere near as bad as Colback.