Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

As much as I agree with the Colback isn't good enough brigade to suggest he hasn't had one good game in his time here is just laughable. He scored a few for us last season and the Everton home win last season stands out for me too.

Also I could be wrong on this but wasn't he our top scoring midfielder in the PL last season too ?

As much as I agree with the Colback isn't good enough brigade to suggest he hasn't had one good game in his time here is just laughable. He scored a few for us last season and the Everton home win last season stands out for me too.

Also I could be wrong on this but wasn't he our top scoring midfielder in the PL last season too ?

He probably was but that was like 4 goals. I would be inclined to think that if you are getting less than 5 goals as a midfielder that when your do score it is a bit of a fluke

If you look at the game on Sunday and assess each player's contribution, you've got to say Colback's is poor. Not many other players on the team, even his partner there is midfield who has been as woeful as he has this season, can be labeled as simply not contributing to the cause.

Would be fine if this was an isolated incident but is almost every game he plays, he's just not of the required level, don't care how much running the stats say he does, my own eyes tell me, the bloke is crap.

Central midfield needs to be the focus of January, we need two PL quality CMs to replace the current incumbents, if that's all we do in the window I wouldn't be overly happy but it needs to be the focus.

While I agree an an ideal world Anita doesn't offer quite enough to be a starter he has been man of the match contender on at least 3 or 4 seperate occasions this season and has put Colback to shame in almost all of them, hes been far improved this season while still not being quite good enough.

Nowhere near as bad as Colback.

I'd have to agree. While TCD likes to try and put Anita and Colback in the same bracket, the truth is Anita is far more effective at pressing and closing down the opposition regardless of how you manipulate the stats. Neither are really good enough, but of the two only Anita is really doing his job.

TCD seemed to take massive umbrage at the role Anita was asked to perform at the beginning of the season where he was dropping between the CBs and looking for the ball but doing little else. He blamed Anita for it and steadfastly ignored posts that pointed out Anita had never played that way in his entire NUFC career, and had always looked a better option in a more advanced or pressing role, therefore he was clearly being told to play that way.

You're trying to rewrite history here. For YEARS i've heard people say our hoof style of play doesn't suit Anita, that he spent his Ajax career as a deep midfielder picking up the ball and distributing. He could only flourish in a side that passed it out of the back and that he was being asked to perform roles he's never done before. Which is a great excuse for a player who has been at the club over 3 years and you could count his good games in one hand. I don't even think he's ever been a regular man in one of Pardew's winning streaks or good form runs, ever. We start the season in that passing style and it's ineffective as owt. He contributed fuck all except passing it to Chancel. This is what i've been waiting to see for 3 years? It was awful. He hadn't performed in any of his other CM roles and he finally played in a fashion he was used to and it contributed diddly squat.

1 central midfielder doesn't have a pressing role, you press as a team of which we have been better at recently (especially Anita).

Anita's been shit for us at CM for 3 years, prior to this season he's had a maximum of 3 good performances at CM - if that. The difference in the last two games is that he's actually influencing the game. Closing players down quickly and winning the ball and attempting forward passes. He's managing to impose himself on games, making other midfielders look lethargic and on their heels. He hasn't done this for the majority of his NUFC career. IN the last 3 years he's been largely anonymous, letting games drift by him, passing sideways and generally just hiding from responsibility. Not too dissimilar to the Ginger lad. But props to the lad he's shown that WHU game wasn't a fluke and has shown a couple performances of real influence.

Well that was the point I was making, the whole team does need to press, but Anita is the only midfielder who seems to do it, and that's the reason I said whatever else his faults, he does at least have that attribute. His partner, Ginger Jack doesn't and he has fuck all else to his game that justifies him playing in such a crucial position.

Send this cunt to the glue factory. He's fucking useless. Probably my most hated player ever. He must be the only player in Premier League history who could play a game in those conditions, a game that was end to end, and still manage to be anonymous. Total utter coward who holds us back so much more than any player I can ever think of. We're doomed whilst this useless albino faced prick is in the starting line up.

Guest neesy111

Amazing how often he is on the wrong side of his man when the ball drops in the middle, usually for absolutely no reason.

Aye, really good point that. Anita was far, far better than him today.

Well that's not true.

He was.

The amount of times hes in space, looks forward. Turns around and passes it to a defender.

Even Thauvin fouling his man at the end, Colback is right infront of Hutton running in his direction and stands still. Resulting in Thauvin making a rash challenge just to try to stop any shot or pass. He affects everything.

Amazing how often he is on the wrong side of his man when the ball drops in the middle, usually for absolutely no reason.

Aye, really good point that. Anita was far, far better than him today.

Well that's not true.

He was.

Anita was far better as usual. Actually closed players down and won the ball.

Guest firetotheworks

They're both completely unsuited. The problem is that Colback is always the one that plays for 90 minutes, regardless of who's playing better. Saying one of them played better today isn't really suitable, it should just be who played less bad. Our midfield is a joke.

The amount of times hes in space, looks forward. Turns around and passes it to a defender.

Did it right towards the end after Anita had nipped in superbly to stop a Villa break, turned under pressure, forward pass into Colback who waited until he was closed down, turned round and passed it back to a defender.

Absolutely fucking detest the prick. The mackems had exactly the same problems at home against shit teams for years while this little wankstain was getting a game.