Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

There’s been no fall-out, he’s been omitted from the squad because when you’re up against it you need to show a bit of resilience. Unfortunately Hatem sees it differently

The English manager's mantra. For goodness sake. This stupid mentality is what is doing Rodgers in at the moment too, and is the same nonsense that got Pardew in trouble for so long, until he was forced to play more forward thinking players due to injuries.

As soon as they lose a few games, and come under a bit of pressure they stuff their team full of cloggers thinking it will lead to wins. This stuff is just tragic!

I hope to god Hull get relegated. This guy is playing Meyler, Quinn and Aluko ahead of Ben Arfa for goodness sake. Utter madness.

Look at the way all the pundits mock Wenger when his team's start to struggle, saying he is clueless because he never plays more defensive, when his teams get some bad results and are conceding goals.

That's because he has conviction in his approach, and ultimately he always ends up in that top four with a team that is nowhere near as good as the other teams in there, no matter what anyone else wants to say. He believes in what he knows, and trusts his team to come through playing the way he knows they are best at.

So many managers claim to play positive football, until they concede a few due to going forward, and then it's a complete 180, with all their players sitting on top of the goalie. Clearing out all of the forward thinking payers for shouty run around types, who never do anything going forward. It's so nonsensical.

shame to see, loved him when he played for us, but he's clearly not all there, sadly.

the only reason we ever saw him in black and white was because he wasnt all there, if he had been, he would have been at one of the top clubs playing for a top manager, but they dont want to touch him, never have.

so im glad hes a nutcase, otherwise, we'd never have seen him here!

Does Ramirez get a game? He was a decent prospect

Ramirez never plays ...

Bruce got a bunch of really exciting attacking players, but hasn't stuck with them through the rough patch and allowed them to come through it. He has ditched them all for some hideously lesser individuals.

Going back to them will be all the more difficult now they are truly in the shit. Bruce bottled it, and is going to tank.

It's pretty funny watching the Ben arfa lovers squirm and now say it's Bruce's fault ... Despite them saying the opposite when he took him on loan

What does this even mean? :lol:

When Bruce took him on loan nothing had happened, so nothing was anyones fault. We've always known he was cut from the same cloth as Pardew though so it's natural to assume it's mainly down to his shit management when he comes out with a line like "he needs to work harder" after pulling him off 35 minutes into a game.

It's pretty funny watching the Ben arfa lovers squirm and now say it's Bruce's fault ... Despite them saying the opposite when he took him on loan

What does this even mean? :lol:

When Bruce took him on loan nothing had happened, so nothing was anyones fault. We've always known he was cut from the same cloth as Pardew though so it's natural to assume it's mainly down to his shit management when he comes out with a line like "he needs to work harder" after pulling him off 35 minutes into a game.

Well people were loving Bruce saying well done for taking him... Now he's fallen out with another manager it's all Bruce's fault being a shit manager. Until a decent manager takes hatem and doesn't fall out with him this is all a myth

People were 'loving Bruce for taking him'? Why are you just making things up?

There's a lot of evidence to suggest Ben Arfa is a weird character to work with, he probably doesn't put 100% in every day in training and he may ever be a bit of a creep, who cares, it was Steve Bruce who decided to replace him with David Meylor after the red card to Spurs in a horrible defensive move that left them toothless, it was Steve Bruce who decided to take him off when 1-0 down to Man Utd after 35 minutes for literally no reason at all. He was in the mood to start him both of those games yet he didn't have the patience to actually give him the chance, why? It doesn't make any sense on any level, just like it didn't under Pardew.

Question ...

If we never get rid of Hughton, what do you think Ben Arfa would be right now? Do these issues ever arise?

No, and why the f*** would they? :lol:

:lol:

I know Hughton wasn't great, but at least he knew player's strengths and le them get on with it. I think Ben Arfa would have really gone on to be brilliant under him. There was never a peep of any issues then.

With the players being brought in Hughton would have done really well just putting them in the best spots to perform that's for sure.

It's annoying that some people can't see this.

Argh! That's my point. I don't think he was anything special, but he still would have managed our current players far better. Because he at least didn't have some over the top ego, that had to be placated by the players all the time.

I knew you'd be straight in as soon as Hughton was mentioned  :lol:

I'm sorry but when he was managing Newcastle United we had Kevin Nolan throwing up on the pitch, knackered because of his lack of fitness and and Alan fucking Smith starting games over players with more talent in their arsehole, even in the Premier League. I don't think things would be any different whatsoever.

It's more annoying that some people think Chris Hughton's something he's not because Nolan, Carroll and Coloccini won the Championship for him.

People like Chris Hughton because his era is the last time many of us can remember having any pride in the club and gave the club some real dignity. Two things Pardew has stripped away completely. No-one thinks he was a great manager but we had many great games under him that mean people remember him fondly (as they should).

We hadn't really started bringing in the players we do now though, so he didn't have much of a choice right?

Pretty much. Smith only started one game after Tiote made his full debut (a game that Tiote missed).

Smith was so poor it was disgusting

It's more annoying that some people think Chris Hughton's something he's not because Nolan, Carroll and Coloccini won the Championship for him.

People like Chris Hughton because his era is the last time many of us can remember having any pride in the club and gave the club some real dignity. Two things Pardew has stripped away completely. No-one thinks he was a great manager but we had many great games under him that mean people remember him fondly (as they should).

Which I have no problem with. Projecting qualities onto him he clearly didn't have really have - such as an ability to manage players who need firm discipline - is pretty senseless, though.

People were 'loving Bruce for taking him'? Why are you just making things up?

There's a lot of evidence to suggest Ben Arfa is a weird character to work with, he probably doesn't put 100% in every day in training and he may ever be a bit of a creep, who cares, it was Steve Bruce who decided to replace him with David Meylor after the red card to Spurs in a horrible defensive move that left them toothless, it was Steve Bruce who decided to take him off when 1-0 down to Man Utd after 35 minutes for literally no reason at all. He was in the mood to start him both of those games yet he didn't have the patience to actually give him the chance, why? It doesn't make any sense on any level, just like it didn't under Pardew.

I heard he's an 'absolute freak' and a 'fucking weirdo'

Guest leejeffers91

Anyone think there's any chance he will play another game for us,stranger things have happened

i just need some hope,the youtube videos are still killing me.