Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

You still didnt know what his fitness levels were like to last the 90 odds minutes, though? Did you?

Because looking 'sharp' for the odd 20 minute here and there is not something to go on. That could be anything, like short term energy.

Nobody can tell whether his condition, cardiovsuclar or otherwise, was ready for regular football. (Unless you have access to his fitness stats, of course?)

:lol:

Well done.

Neither did you, neither did anyone, because we never got to see. THAT IS THE POINT.

Why are the Ben arfa fans trying to make excuses for him at every opportunity, then?

Why are the NON Ben arfa fans trying to bash him at every opportunity, then?

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=39573&season_id=141

Here's his appearances from that season. He actually played 70 minutes against Forrest in the cup on the 20th September, then was coming off from the bench for a few games until October 23rd (again in the cup against Blackburn), on the bench the next game, started the next 2 league games (70 minutes against Man City where I thought he looked really sharp, and then 80 against Man Utd where I don't think he was in the game much). All that seems pretty standard practice for easing a player back into the side.

It continued (worse than that I think) for a further 3 1/2 months or so, during which time he scored 3 goals (including THAT goal against Blackburn).

I'm sure it wasn't all fitness issues with him, clearly teamworking, tracking back, etc was something Pardew wanted him to understand more. ( after all, that season we were mostly a team of keeping our shape and relying on individual brilliance.) Pardew is a cunt yes, but I certainly don't believe he preferred Obertan because he was technically better.

Not that I believe that Obertan's work rate is anything great or quality. And at the same time I don't think HBA's workrate was worthy the fuss by Pardew. (In the following seasons)

But in any case, I don't believe Pardews handling of HBA during that season was bad and I don't think it's the reason why it all ended the way it did.

Neither did you, neither did anyone, because we never got to see. THAT IS THE POINT.

Why are the Ben arfa fans trying to make excuses for him at every opportunity, then?

Why are the NON Ben arfa fans trying to bash him at every opportunity, then?

That's a load of bullshit. Plenty of people have given objective  analysis about HBAs time here.

That's a load of bullshit. Plenty of people have given objective analysis about HBAs time here.

That's a load of bullshit. Plenty of people have given constructive analysis about HBAs time here.

We can do this all day bud, but either way, we all know he is/was a superb talent, and Pardew was his downfall. The over weight crap came around way after Pardew fucked him about.

Tracking back stuff is such bullshit :lol: if he wasn't tracking back why did people used to complain about how deep he was when he started his runs and that he'd give the ball away in dangerous areas?

Was he just doing it for a laugh?

Here's his appearances from that season. He actually played 70 minutes against Forrest in the cup on the 20th September, then was coming off from the bench for a few games until October 23rd (again in the cup against Blackburn), on the bench the next game, started the next 2 league games (70 minutes against Man City where I thought he looked really sharp, and then 80 against Man Utd where I don't think he was in the game much). All that seems pretty standard practice for easing a player back into the side.

It continued (worse than that I think) for a further 3 1/2 months or so, during which time he scored 3 goals (including THAT goal against Blackburn).

I'm sure it wasn't all fitness issues with him, clearly teamworking, tracking back, etc was something Pardew wanted him to understand more. ( after all, that season we were mostly a team of keeping our shape and relying on individual brilliance.) Pardew is a c*** yes, but I certainly don't believe he preferred Obertan because he was technically better.

Not that I believe that Obertan's work rate is anything great or quality. And at the same time I don't think HBA's workrate was worthy the fuss by Pardew. (In the following seasons)

But in any case, I don't believe Pardews handling of HBA during that season was bad and I don't think it's the reason why it all ended the way it did.

Which one do you think he was better at than say... anyone in our squad?

Ben Arfa was kept on the bench for most of the season after we ended 5th. Pardew only threw him in around the 70th minute when we were 2 or 3 - 0 down.

When Ben Arfa couldn't turn things around on his own he had to carry most of the blame after the match.

Disgraceful treatment.

Keeping our shape in some rigid 4-4-2 only really worked for the first dozen games or so, we went on a disgusting run after Man City broke our streak and it wasn't until HBA, Ba and Cisse were up top that we actually looked like a team capable of finishing in the top 4.

That's a load of bullshit. Plenty of people have given objective analysis about HBAs time here.

That's a load of bullshit. Plenty of people have given constructive analysis about HBAs time here.

We can do this all day bud, but either way, we all know he is/was a superb talent, and Pardew was his downfall. The over weight crap came around way after Pardew fucked him about.

Well, if thats how you like to see it.

I'm sure it wasn't all fitness issues with him, clearly teamworking, tracking back, etc was something Pardew wanted him to understand more. ( after all, that season we were mostly a team of keeping our shape and relying on individual brilliance.) Pardew is a c*** yes, but I certainly don't believe he preferred Obertan because he was technically better.

Which one do you think he was better at than say... anyone in our squad?

?

Ben Arfa was kept on the bench for most of the season after we ended 5th. Pardew only threw him in around the 70th minute when we were 2 or 3 - 0 down.

When Ben Arfa couldn't turn things around on his own he had to carry most of the blame after the match.

Disgraceful treatment.

probably 99% of that is wrong

Disgraceful treatment.

In 2012/13

(prem stats)

Played 19

Started 16

Sub on 3

Subbed on vs Liverpool (h) at HT, Newcastle 2-0 down

Subbed on vs West Brom (a) on 77 minutes, score 1-1

Subbed on vs Sunderland (h) on 63 minutes, Newcastle 1-0 down

Those 3 games came after he didnt play for 4 months (injury?). He started the games immediately after those 3, too

Disgraceful treatment.

Think I worded it wrongly perhaps. The season after the one we came fifth I mean. He was subbed a lot during that one if I remember correctly.

Disgraceful treatment.

Think I worded it wrongly perhaps. The season after the one we came fifth I mean. He was subbed a lot during that one if I remember correctly.

the same thing? I posted the stats above

If hba was so bad defensively, I'd love to see actual evidence of the goals that we conceded that were his fault. I genuinely can't think of many, yet certain people like to make out as if he was some defensive liability.

Colback's goal in the 3-0 he was messing around in the middle of the field with it but the defending after that as they broke was equally as bad (Williamson especially).