Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

I tend to side with Semtex given HBA was basically the best player in France last season.

Like I said earlier, he must literally by lying by the side of the training pitch to justify this treatment. Makes you wonder why they bothered signing the guy.

Come on man, don't be so naive, 'this treatment'. I've been his biggest fan, absolutely love the bloke, but he just doesn't care or have the desire to make it at the top. You can't fuck about at these type of clubs which clearly he does.

Guest firetotheworks

It's moot, but I wonder what Bobby would have done with him. He liked hard work, but he didn't mind players not putting it in in training if they put in the work at the weekend. Even Shearer, by his own admission, wasn't a good trainer.

It goes without saying that Keegan would have allowed it considering he didn't mind Ginola checking his phone while Beresford was dealing with right wingers.

I fucking give a shit because the stupidity of HBA (and yes the management are complicit too) have effectively robbed us of a wonderful player and potential great.

This is what always pissed me off with the lad to a certain extent. Hate seeing a waste of the talent we're all desperate to have as a bairn.

On the flipside if he gave a shit he would never have played for us :lol:

No one is arguing that he's as good as he could be. We're arguing that it's ridiculous to drop him because he's not doing anything differently to normal. Yes he's a work shy pleb, but he's a class workshy pleb.

This is the point really, it's like they thought they were signing James Milner. Either you want to tolerate his messing about or you don't, but if you don't then don't buy him.

Partly HBA's fault as well since he must (or should) have talked to the manager before signing.

Guest firetotheworks

I bet Ryan Taylor was unbelievably hard working in training. And by that I mean, who gives a shit? It's why Shola made a career out of being a completely ineffective, shit footballer at the weekend.

Professional football managers tend to give a shit unfortunately.

It really depends on the manager. I think that's a fair assessment.

No one is arguing that he's as good as he could be. We're arguing that it's ridiculous to drop him because he's not doing anything differently to normal. Yes he's a work shy pleb, but he's a class workshy pleb.

This is the point really, it's like they thought they were signing James Milner. Either you want to tolerate his messing about or you don't, but if you don't then don't buy him.

Partly HBA's fault as well since he must (or should) have talked to the manager before signing.

Should have talked to the manager and said, 'Here, you mind if I turn up 3 clem overweight and couldn't give a fuck?'

Should have talked to the manager and said, 'Here, you mind if I turn up 3 clem overweight and couldn't give a fuck?'

Got an understanding of what was expected of him. Their are loads of examples, Ferguson allowing Cantona to do whatever he likes springs to mind.

Either way it was a risky move if he didn't have a complete understanding of Emery, and it hasn't paid off.

I tend to side with Semtex given HBA was basically the best player in France last season.

Like I said earlier, he must literally by lying by the side of the training pitch to justify this treatment. Makes you wonder why they bothered signing the guy.

Come on man, don't be so naive, 'this treatment'. I've been his biggest fan, absolutely love the bloke, but he just doesn't care or have the desire to make it at the top. You can't f*** about at these type of clubs which clearly he does.

:thup: PSG have Di Maria and Lucas grafting their bollocks off and offering more going forward than Hatem has shown, it's very understandable why he's got getting a game. You can't turn up overweight and then put in minimal effort and expect to play for a team that is looking to challenge for the Champions league.

Got an understanding of what was expected of him. Their are loads of examples, Ferguson allowing Cantona to do whatever he likes springs to mind.

Either way it was a risky move if he didn't have a complete understanding of Emery, and it hasn't paid off.

Emery probably had nowt to do with the signing tbh.

I'm sorry like but it's all Ben Arfa's doing now. It's been Pardew's fault, it's been Bruce's fault, it's been Deschamps fault. There's only one common denominator.

Guest firetotheworks

They should know what he's like though, I think that's the point. Trying to change him is pointless. The only thing PSG has gotten out of this is stopping others from having him in a league that's already ridiculously easy for them.

Guest firetotheworks

So, everyone sort of agrees he's a waste of space? (and his own talent sadly)

This I alluded to a long time ago but was shot down by the 'HBA MAKES ME WANK SQUAD'

Go away, man.