Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

There's not a hope in hell of him coming back here. I doubt he'd want to return and I'd be amazed if Rafa would want him. Rafa is all about systems and discipline, almost military drills so that everyone knows what they should be doing at any given point.

HBA simply does not have it in him to confirm to that type of management. He is without doubt the most exciting and talented player we've had for years but he's history for us now. What would happen if we got him back and Rafa got tired of his antics and banished him? That's what would happen, who would you support, you'd have to choose between them.

I've always maintained he's his own worst enemy, I've also always maintained that he needs the right manager to keep him on the right path. Some players just need that extra special attention and when they are as talented as HBA they are worth it. Stick him in a team and treat him the same as everyone else and you're never going to get the best out of him. The people that say he's a waste of space are the ones that would never see the best of him if they were managers.

HBA under Keegan would have been amazing. Especially in the entertainers side

Guest firetotheworks

Rafa would despise him

'despise' [emoji38]

Or ye nah, just not sign him/not play him?

Well this is in the hypothetical world where he did sign him obviously

I know. 'Despise' man. :lol:

Accompanied by his advisor, Michel Ouazine, Ben Arfa walked across the hotel's opulent Edwardian reception area—black-and-white tile floor, elegant stone arches—and asked the concierge at the check-in desk if he could use their fax machine.

Ben Arfa called the club secretary at Hull, Matt Wild, who talked the concierge through what needed to happen. A Premier League deal sheet was faxed to the hotel from Hull, Ben Arfa signed it and the concierge scanned it and sent it back by email. The paperwork dispatched, giving Hull an extra two hours to complete the transfer, Ben Arfa said thank you and returned to the slightly dilapidated black BMW parked outside.

Ironically, the concierge was a Sunderland supporter.

"Anyone leaving Newcastle is fine by me," he says.