Your summer transfer wish list

Stifler

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what has happened with him - but is anyone going to move for Mitroglou?  I couldn't really work out what happened with him at Fulham, but I would have thought you would be able to get him for a decent enough sum?

Guest Roger Kint

Not sure what has happened with him - but is anyone going to move for Mitroglou?  I couldn't really work out what happened with him at Fulham, but I would have thought you would be able to get him for a decent enough sum?

Hes Greek, therefore shit by default. Stupid fee for an average player

Guest Roger Kint

Fulham should probably just keep him. He'll be fine for the Championship.

Or at least in L1 in 2015

My summer wish list comprises a bid for Pardew from Palace, offering to buy out the remainder of his contract, and the Sultan of Brunei to buy out Ashley.....

Then again, we have more chance of signing Neymar and Messi than these 2 clowns going...

In my opinion we need another 4 players (thats without anyone being sold). We need a Cabaye replacement, someone on the wing, and at least 2 forwards.

The club really need to dig deep, putting the money up for Cabella, and Grenier, is a must if those are our key targets, £10m each would probably be enough to land both of them. A free Gomis (though with the agents fee and signing on fee probably taking it up towards £5m) would be acceptable.

Here is the part where I will get laughed at. Myself I would go in for Wellbeck, again £10m-£15m in my opinion would be enough to land him as Man Utd seem to want rid of him. In my opinion he is underrated on here.

So for a total of £40m we could have one hell of a good squad and a team that I think would be capable of giving anyone a decent game.

Of course, getting Ashley to spend £40m is a lot easier for me to dream about than him to actually do it.

getting Ashley to spend £40m £250b is a lot easier for me to dream about than him to actually do it.

You forgot to account for dem dere agent/signing on fees & wages over 12 year contracts.

In my opinion we need another 4 players (thats without anyone being sold). We need a Cabaye replacement, someone on the wing, and at least 2 forwards.

The club really need to dig deep, putting the money up for Cabella, and Grenier, is a must if those are our key targets, £10m each would probably be enough to land both of them. A free Gomis (though with the agents fee and signing on fee probably taking it up towards £5m) would be acceptable.

Here is the part where I will get laughed at. Myself I would go in for Wellbeck, again £10m-£15m in my opinion would be enough to land him as Man Utd seem to want rid of him. In my opinion he is underrated on here.

So for a total of £40m we could have one hell of a good squad and a team that I think would be capable of giving anyone a decent game.

Of course, getting Ashley to spend £40m is a lot easier for me to dream about than him to actually do it.

Last thing we need is a striker who can't score on a consistent basis imo

He's in and out of the Man Utd squad, hardly getting a to play a full match, hardly getting consistent first team appearances and Man Utd have always been a team who play the ball towards their star man instead of anyone else. The likes of Van Persie and Rooney get a lot more passes towards them than Wellbeck does.

I'm pretty sure Wellbeck would score 15-20 goals a season for us.

He's in and out of the Man Utd squad, hardly getting a to play a full match, hardly getting consistent first team appearances and Man Utd have always been a team who play the ball towards their star man instead of anyone else. The likes of Van Persie and Rooney get a lot more passes towards them than Wellbeck does.

I'm pretty sure Wellbeck would score 15-20 goals a season for us.

He doesn't have the strikers instinct for me.

And this is exactly why he's in and out of the side.

Would be the Kings wet dream mind all that work rate

The money needs spent but if you need to pay £15m and assuming its paid up front it would have to be for Lukaku rather than Wellbeck.

Guest TruToon94

In a dream world Mike Ashley dies of a heart attack tomorrow, we are purchased by a billionaire consortium led by King Kev who hires De Boer to oversee a new Newcastle with Dutch flair. Kev stays on as Director of Football whilst we get Nobby, Ginola in as coaches, Given pops back as Goalkeeper coach and De Boer brings in some his own Dutch staff.

Ben Arfa is reinstated in the team, MYM and him forming the basis of a new squad along with Debuchy. We buy PEA and a bunch of other players we need mainly in the Midfield and Defence department. Taylor, Obertan? Names of the past.

We play free flowing football forever and win the FA cup. Sorted.

In a dream world Mike Ashley dies of a heart attack tomorrow, we are purchased by a billionaire consortium led by King Kev who hires De Boer to oversee a new Newcastle with Dutch flair. Kev stays on as Director of Football whilst we get Nobby, Ginola in as coaches, Given pops back as Goalkeeper coach and De Boer brings in some his own Dutch staff.

Ben Arfa is reinstated in the team, MYM and him forming the basis of a new squad along with Debuchy. We buy PEA and a bunch of other players we need mainly in the Midfield and Defence department. Taylor, Obertan? Names of the past.

We play free flowing football forever and win the FA cup. Sorted.

I had the discussion with someone the other day about what would happen if Ashley kicked the bucket. I'm assuming his assets would be shared between his daughters. I wonder what they would do, leave it to someone to run on their behalf along with his other businesses?, or sell up and cash in? I very much doubt they would take a hands on approach.