More than a Forum?

Mick

Me and a few others (such as Ameritoon and Nixon) have been toying with the idea of creating a monthly online fanzine. The idea isn't to have up to date news or match reports, but rather well thought out articles and more a commentary on the club itself as well as some interviews here and there with interesting people. Having N-O as a base of operations for that would've been interesting.

I hope Stifler will be getting a regular column.

Stewart Watch

Reasons why I wouldn't want articles back.

Forum: Thousands of opinions that are always debated.

Article: One person's opinion, nothing more.

The articles drew in people and they were also read by people who didn't post on the forum.  We debate everything to death and go over everything with I fine toothcomb but I think we're missing something.

Having articles on the site would take nothing from the forum, it would add to it by reaching out to people who don't use the forum.  Some of the posts this week have been brilliant but they aren't being seen enough.

I'd like to see articles come back, however maybe it'd be easier for people to submit and then be uploaded if they're deemed worthy (whether the moderator agrees or not), that way you don't have to have set writers and keep the content up?

Guest Howaythetoon

Articles when I was helping with the main site drew new members to the forum but also exposed a lot of positive things, we made several books and were linked to by loads of other sites for the originality of our content.

A site as popular as this needs a main site or at least an articles section. I'm not the best writer but I'd be willing to contribute with articles etc. on a regular basis like.

It was the main site that brought me on here many years ago, remember it well. I think there's a lot to write about at the moment, we've shared a lot of fact, stats and information on here regarding the Ashley/Pardew regime that aren't made public enough. Our ideas have made a ripple in the waters and it feels good, but I feel for the admins, it is a lot of work and they're right, once this has blown over it will probably have outlived its usefulness. However if it can crank the pressure up even more, is it worth it right now?

Newcastle-Online is more than a forum already, it's a highly dysfunctional family that I'm proud to be a part of.

It was the main site that brought me on here many years ago, remember it well. I think there's a lot to write about at the moment, we've shared a lot of fact, stats and information on here regarding the Ashley/Pardew regime that aren't made public enough. Our ideas have made a ripple in the waters and it feels good, but I feel for the admins, it is a lot of work and they're right, once this has blown over it will probably have outlived its usefulness. However if it can crank the pressure up even more, is it worth it right now?

Newcastle-Online is more than a forum already, it's a highly dysfunctional family that I'm proud to be a part of.

Nicely put

Would it take much work to get an article out?  I would think some of the members of this place are clever enough to knock up a template then it would just need text dropping into the body of the template and then uploading to the server.  Maybe sign up to newsnow and get the article listed then everything else would take care of itself after that.

Guest firetotheworks

I really don't like the idea of there being articles like. I get the reasons for having it, but this was always a forum when there were articles as well and I don't like the idea of being represented by a set of people writing articles. That might sound daft, that's just how I see it. The achievement of getting a joint cause in the paper and in the stands is exactly what it should all be about; the voice of the collective. I've got no interest in having one person's opinions elevated as an article when you have thousands of people on here, all with opinions.

Would it take much work to get an article out?  I would think some of the members of this place are clever enough to knock up a template then it would just need text dropping into the body of the template and then uploading to the server.  Maybe sign up to newsnow and get the article listed then everything else would take care of itself after that.

:lol: I think you need some form of creative overseer to manage the flow of the articles, and you need, well, a website.

Articles when I was helping with the main site drew new members to the forum but also exposed a lot of positive things, we made several books and were linked to by loads of other sites for the originality of our content.

A site as popular as this needs a main site or at least an articles section. I'm not the best writer but I'd be willing to contribute with articles etc. on a regular basis like.

I'd be willing to throw together some rambling notions together now and then.

I really don't like the idea of there being articles like. I get the reasons for having it, but this was always a forum when there were articles as well and I don't like the idea of being represented by a set of people writing articles. That might sound daft, that's just how I see it. The achievement of getting a joint cause in the paper and in the stands is exactly what it should all be about; the voice of the collective. I've got no interest in having one person's opinions elevated as an article when you have thousands of people on here, all with opinions.

If you have a range of people writing the articles, I don't see the problem. It's just a different format for the same stuff. Some people just don't do forums, and I understand why.

Me and a few others (such as Ameritoon and Nixon) have been toying with the idea of creating a monthly online fanzine. The idea isn't to have up to date news or match reports, but rather well thought out articles and more a commentary on the club itself as well as some interviews here and there with interesting people. Having N-O as a base of operations for that would've been interesting.

:alone:

You could write an article on why we should still buy Papa Bouba Diop and stern John.

I think the last week has shown how good a vehicle this forum can be for really pushing an agenda.

If Pardew gets sacked in the next week or two, it will be no doubt partly down to the initiative of some people on here - and I applaud that. But unfortunately, even with Pardew (hopefully) gone, there is still so many problems that go so much deeper; Ashley is still going to be here, the lack of ambition and the the total lack of respect for the supporters.

I just think anything that will help get our (and I know that's a dangerous word to use in the context of forums being a collective) views across the better. For example, would the 60th minute walkout been more successful if it had the N-O name attached to it?

You could write an article on why we should still buy Papa Bouba Diop and stern John.

Collins John. :razz:

Collins John. :razz:

D'oh, so it was!

It wouldn't be one person having an opinion, you could be the one person in one article but it could be everybody and anybody contributing and it would have no negative effect on here.

Your opinion in your posts are worth sharing and you come across well so you could make a difference to how other people form an opinion on the club and how it's run.