N-O Fantasy World Cup 2014 - sbnufc wins! Rich second! Unbelievable third!

TaylorJ_01
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Out of all the players in the tournament to take out you picked Neymar? Bold...

Benzema v Nigeria

Muller v Algeria

Messi v Switzerland

Neymar v Chile

For me, Neymar is least likely to score considering the opponents.  But hey, what do I know  :lol:

:laugh:

I found myself in this situation towards the final 8 weeks of the PL season in a mini-league I had going with friends, a massive lead turned into me winning by 2 points courtesy of Paul Dummett's -2 for a red card in the final game after coming of the bench for the lad in second.

With a 6 point gap I expect to be off the first page by the time this is done.

I wasn't being completely serious anyway. There's going to be plenty of swings and roundabouts, especially in the later stages of the competition, even if everybody will pick more or less the same usual suspects at this stage. Simply who you captain for the final could make up a 30 point gap, let alone which team you back to win/keep a clean sheet.

I don't know what strategy to take with my strikers. Origi (4.5), Musa (4.5) and Depay (4) are cracking options but they're too expensive for a 5th choice, yet not good enough for 4th. But will we even need 4? Hmmm, decision time.

Ok, it's currently looking like this:

GK: Julio Cesar, M'Bolhi

DEF: Rojo, Howedes, Blind, Debuchy, Manolas, Halliche

MID: Hazard, Kroos, Cabaye, Cuadrado, Bentaleb

FOR: Messi, Neymar, Muller, Depay, Slimani

5.5m for a midfielder - Aranguiz, J Jones, De Bruyne, Gago or Herrera?

Will Neuer get that many points?

How many shots is he going to face?  2 or 3?  What else other than clean sheet will he get points for?

I'm so tempted to stick Enyeama in  :lol: He's only the highest scoring GK so far because he's had about 72 shots a game to deal with. Should be the same against France

Saved another million by bringing in Djabou for Slimani. Algeria are on the last day so, if there's 1 striker spot up for grabs, Muller will obviously get it. No point having Slimani around, in that case.

I could genuinely finish bottom here. Been an absolute disaster from the start. Admittedly just spiralled out of control after not checking after a couple of days, no excuses though when a signed photo of Alan Pardew could be my fate.

Guest Roger Kint

I've got Jackson Martinez in since I saw a SA journo say he was set to start.

I put him in then changed it all again so expect him and Lukaku to tear up this round

Guest TruToon94

The Algerian players I chose to be bench warmers would have earned me far more points that the likes of players from Spain FFS. This is a weird but great World Cup