The 2014/15 Betting Thread

Kaizero

Thinking a few quid Djokovic this afternoon.

Dont say that.. Have 75euro on Nadal and 25euro on 3-1

Yeah but you also have £50 on Belgium to win :lol: You don't seem to care about money.

Over the past month or so just been placing some of my winnings on world cup bets. Just racked it up and I've got 140 on Messi top scorer, 110 on Spain, 30 on Spain/Costa, 20 on Cesar golden glove winner and 10 on Spain/Brazil final. Not too shabby, didn't even realise it was that much.

I've been saying Brazil to piss it but couldn't take them at 11/4 when Spain were 7/1, looking how much I've actually built up wish I just went with Brazil  :lol:

Thinking a few quid Djokovic this afternoon.

Dont say that.. Have 75euro on Nadal and 25euro on 3-1

Yeah but you also have £50 on Belgium to win :lol: You don't seem to care about money.

Belgium won. England f***ed me over

Nvm.. you wss talking about the wc and not yesterday

Varying low-to-middling stakes on the following:

Germany to win the World Cup 6/1

Lukaku top goalscorer 22/1

Fred top goalscorer 20/1

Hazard to win Golden Ball 25/1

Greece to be tournament lowest scorers 14/1

Group H: Belgium 1st, Algeria 2nd 8/1

Group winners: Brazil, Spain, Colombia, Uruguay, Switzerland, Argentina, Germany, Belgium 135/1

To qualify: Uruguay, Switzerland, Portugal, Holland, Bosnia 9/1

Group dual forecast accumulator: Germany/Portugal, Spain/Holland, Switzerland/France, Argentina/Bosnia 14/1

There's some cracking value in the group dual forecasts. If I break down that last bet; Spain and Holland to be top two is 11/10, ditto Switzerland and France, 10/11 for the Argies and Bosnia and 8/11 for Germany and Portugal.

Now, on with my match betting. :lol:

I'm gonna have a cheeky quid on Wilfried Bony top scorer @150/1 but mainly go with Lukaku. I'm waiting until Wednesday night to put everything on though, too many potential injuries still going (worried about Lukaku's as it is).

That Brazil/Messi bet I mentioned a little while ago which was 33/1, which a few people seemed to like the look of.

Now 50/1. :lol:

Slightly confused.

Messi was vomiting all over the pitch yesterday and Brazil didn't impress against Serbia. Maybe that's the reason?

Had a E/W Yankee on today:

10/1 - win

11/1 - placed

Next one is a bloody non-runner! Was 3/1 in with a great shout this morning.

Final one is System Overload @ 11/10

Profit either way, decent enough if final horse places, good if it wins. Could've been quality with a bit more luck!

That Brazil/Messi bet I mentioned a little while ago which was 33/1, which a few people seemed to like the look of.

Slightly confused.

Messi was vomiting all over the pitch yesterday and Brazil didn't impress against Serbia. Maybe that's the reason?

But Brazil still won and Messi still scored  :lol:

Had a E/W Yankee on today:

10/1 - win

11/1 - placed

Next one is a bloody non-runner! Was 3/1 in with a great shout this morning.

Final one is System Overload @ 11/10

Profit either way, decent enough if final horse places, good if it wins. Could've been quality with a bit more luck!

NR My Lord? Was on it too - annoying.

I'm still pissed off about Commissioner last night. :lol: So fucking close.

Slightly confused.

But I think 33/1 was already long enough, too long. No way is this a 50/1 bet. Obviously unlikely but not 50/1 unlikely.

I honestly can't believe it's almost evens for Argentina and Bosnia to be the top two ahead of Nigeria and Iran. Anyone with deeper pockets than me should be all over that.

Slightly confused.

But Brazil still won and Messi still scored  :lol:

Yeah big switch in odds tbf :lol: I don't see any other reason though.

I honestly can't believe it's almost evens for Argentina and Bosnia to be the top two ahead of Nigeria and Iran. Anyone with deeper pockets than me should be all over that.

Who's that with? 8/11 for Argie/Bosnia dual forecast with Hills.

10/11 with Skybet.

Always use a bit of caution with the first game, mind. Still haunted by Spain 0-1 Switzerland.

Absolutely, but even with that, the odds are too good. It's like 2.7x money. In other words £50 would return a pretty decent profit. I think it'll be close, but Spain has enough to beat a weak dutch team.

10/11 with Skybet.

Booooo, haven't got an account with them. Well I have but they want ID proof sent in and I just cba with sorting it out.

I STILL think Spain are not being given due consideration in all this. 13/2 is too long for the team who've won the last 3 tournaments. I think the South American factor is being given a little too much weight, even thought it clearly is a consideration.