The 2014/15 Betting Thread

Kaizero

Apologies for another post on backing/laying and my stupidity on this, but it's the first time I have actually used betfair so I haven't quite got my head around it.

I put £2 on Colombia to win the WC at 60-1 and £2 on Chile to win at 50-1 in the expectation that they were massively overpriced and their odds would come down.  I think their odds are now at 25-1 or something around there. 

Put simply, how do I make any money out of these bets?  I appreciate that isn't going to be very much..

You can mess around with it on Betfair to see what you would get.

Click the blue box on Columbia in the World cup winners market. (Blue is the back,pink is the lay)

Enter £2 and adjust the odds from the current ones to what you backed at (60/1 but will have to be 61.0 as Betfair only uses decimal)

Then click the pink box on Columbia in the same market,keep the odds as they are and just enter random amounts of money and you will see the profit or loss change in the whole market.Remember Betfair takes a 5% commission which you can also have included to your figures in options.

This should get you familiar to how everything works. Just make sure you don't hit return on your keyboard or your bets will be submitted. (Won't matter if you have an un-funded account though as it'll just get cancelled)

Seems quite a brainfuck at first but worth learning as it can be quite profitable once you know where to look for odds movement.

You'd get about £9 if you lay off your potential winnings from both bets. Can't remember how it works though, think you'd have to put up the £220 as a stake and wait until they're knocked out to be paid out though. Not really worth doing.

Hello Dinho,

Thank you for contacting 138.com!

In line with your NUFC free bet inquiry, we are pleased to inform you that we have allocated the £10 free bet on your account. To redeem the voucher, just place your bet like you normally do. Tick the small box for free bet before you submit and confirm your bet. Also, bets placed must be win single, odds of 2.0 or greater.

We would like to remind you of the following:

1. If you want to withdraw the winnings from the free bet, you can only withdraw up to maximum of £138.

2. The bonus credited to the account cannot be withdrawn.

3. You will be required to make a deposit at least £10 to be able to withdraw.

4. Free bet stake not included in any winnings.

5. Free bet applies to ANY Summer Tournament Match markets only.

6. Non-runners/Voids do not qualify as valid bets. If any bet is a non-runner/void you will not be eligible for a free bet.

7. If your free bet is placed on a non-runner then the bet will be made void and the stakes returned to your free balance.

8. This bonus promotion cannot be combined with any other bonus promotion unless otherwise stated.

You may also refer to the Full Terms and Conditions by clicking here.

A member of our 138.com Customer Support Team is available to help you at the following address and/or phone numbers should you have any questions:

Email: [email protected]; TOLL FREE: +0808-120-1969; Fax: +0808-120-1969

Thank you for your cooperation regarding this matter.

Want to know what's happening? Follow us on Twitter @138dotcom.

Happy Gaming,

Stella

138.com English Customer Support

"Win Single". :hmm: