The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

Been some absolute donkey defensive performances over the last couple days.

defending as a whole is rather going to shit in recent seasons, hell the only premier league team with what I'd call a good defense is Chelsea (maybe West Ham too tbh)

defending as a whole is rather going to s*** in recent seasons, hell the only premier league team with what I'd call a good defense is Chelsea (maybe West Ham too tbh)

Aye - Pulis showed last season that if you can organise a side to defend properly with a bit of fret you can easily finish midtable.

I think it's one of the reasons why English teams have suffered in Europe. Defending like knackers. No coincidence the PL's CL dominance coincided with Rafa & Mourinho raising the bar in organisation.

defending as a whole is rather going to s*** in recent seasons, hell the only premier league team with what I'd call a good defense is Chelsea (maybe West Ham too tbh)

Aye - Pulis showed last season that if you can organise a side to defend properly with a bit of fret you can easily finish midtable.

I think it's one of the reasons why English teams have suffered in Europe. Defending like knackers. No coincidence the PL's CL dominance coincided with Rafa & Mourinho raising the bar in organisation.

just have a look at Ferguson over the years, always had a good defense, strange so many managers seem to ignore it and it costs them-see Liverpool last season a better defense and they win the title without any doubt

just have a look at Ferguson over the years, always had a good defense, strange so many managers seem to ignore it and it costs them-see Liverpool last season a better defense and they win the title without any doubt

A lot of it is down to just not focusing on the art of preventing goals. Everton yesterday didn't look arsed about defending. No will to close down space, passing angels, clear the ball - nothing.

A lot of it is down to just not focusing on the art of preventing goals. Everton yesterday didn't look arsed about defending. No will to close down space, passing angels, clear the ball - nothing.

a Moyes managed Everton hammers us yesterday tbh, never would have gotten those chances with him there

Nobody has criticised Sterling for the slap/punch itself. Just blaming the linesmen and referee. Going as far as saying "Sterling cannot be banned because the officials have clearly seen it".

It's unbelievable.

and which one is the England international.............

Nobody has criticised Sterling for the slap/punch itself. Just blaming the linesmen and referee. Going as far as saying "Sterling cannot be banned because the officials have clearly seen it".

It's unbelievable.

Was just coming in here to post about that, and the Shelvey forearm/elbow; ridiculous how nothing is said despite Cisse getting a retrospective ban.  Cunts.

@skysports_bryan

Busy day at the FA. Raheem Sterling will not face any action after last night's game.

so he saw Sterling do that and decided nah thats okay. Jesus fucking christ that ref shouldn't referee a game again if thats what he thinks

SCFC: Begovic, Cameron, Shawcross, Muniesa, Pieters, Walters, N'Zonzi, Whelan, Arnautovic, Diouf, Crouch

MUFC: De Gea, Young, Jones, Smalling, Evans, Shaw, Carrick, Mata, Rooney, van Persie, Falcao