The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

Costa should be playing for Brazil. The bloke is a c***.

I wish. With him we'd finally have a decent nr 9 since Adriano. Luis Fabiano was good as well, but Diego feels like a step above. f***ing Spain. Senna, Thiago, Diego Costa, now Rodrigo as well. or rather, f***ing CBF that seem unable to convince anyone :lol:

Have a word with yourself, Thiago wasn't even born in Brazil :lol:

You've got the younger brother though, he wants to play for Brazil  O0

Costa should be playing for Brazil. The bloke is a c***.

I wish. With him we'd finally have a decent nr 9 since Adriano. Luis Fabiano was good as well, but Diego feels like a step above. f***ing Spain. Senna, Thiago, Diego Costa, now Rodrigo as well. or rather, f***ing CBF that seem unable to convince anyone :lol:

Have a word with yourself, Thiago wasn't even born in Brazil :lol:

You've got the younger brother though, he wants to play for Brazil  O0

So he should be playing for Italy then? Just remember this though, he has no spanish blood. Pure Brazilian is what he is ;) :p

Both are made out of glass so it doesn't matter, none will ever play 5 consecutive games by the looks of thing.

He wasn't born in Spain either tbf

He's lived here since he was 4, though. He certainly has more ties to Spain than to Brazil FFS. :lol:

:lol: What? His parents are Brazilian. Anyways, was just taking the piss as the players choose where they play, but you can't say he has more ties to Spain than Brazil. His whole family is Brazilian. That's the biggest ties you can have to a country imo at least.

You're aware of before playing Barcelona he lived and played for Flamengo for 5 years or something.

He wasn't born in Spain either tbf

He's lived here since he was 4, though. He certainly has more ties to Spain than to Brazil FFS. :lol:

:lol: What? His parents are Brazilian. Anyways, was just taking the p*ss as the players choose where they play, but you can't say he has more ties to Spain than Brazil. His whole family is Brazilian. That's the biggest ties you can have to a country imo at least.

You're aware of before playing Barcelona he lived and played for Flamengo for 5 years or something.

Aye, when he was like 2 :lol: some footballing career at that age.

I don't look at people's ancestry when assigning "Spanish-ness" anyway. You live here, you want to have the passport and qualify for it? Then you're as Spanish as paella. This is hardly like Costa anyway, lad's spent most of his life and football career in Spain.

Regarding Senna, he switched when he was 27 because he had never been given a cap, which was always a mystery to me since he was a fantastic player.

:thup: Was excellent in the 2008 euros. Wouldn't have cheered for Spain that year if I knew you'd guys go on to win everything the next 4 years :lol:

Zidane > C.Ronaldo for me. In the same way that Xavi > Lampard for me.

To each their own I guess.

The Xavi/Lampard thing isn't a discussion. Xavi / Zidane is an interesting one. Zidane only pips it because he seems like a leader.

Expecting Ronaldo in 3...2...1...

I do think Zidane and Cronaldo are in different generations. We as fans don't look at the game the same. The fans see the sport as far more about individuals than in the past. The chief playing architect of the best club and national side of the last 10 years - possibly ever in Spain's case should obviously be miles ahead of Frank Lampard in esteem. 'But Lampard scores more goals'.

The Xavi/Lampard thing isn't a discussion. Xavi / Zidane is an interesting one. Zidane only pips it because he seems like a leader.

Xavi plays too deep to directly compare.

The only comparable player to Zidane in this generation is Iniesta due to position/elegance/skill/class etc.. and Iniesta has been a better, more consistent player.

The only comparable player to Zidane in this generation is Iniesta due to position/elegance/skill/class etc.. and Iniesta has been a better, more consistent player.

although different position both tended to be the fulcrum and main playmaker of their teams. The game changed but still the game had to go through Xavi and Zidane. Their responsibilities where more similar.

I guess in playing style and in clutch moments Iniesta and Zidane are similar but not really in terms of responsibilities. Zidane always played as a central playmaker.

Iniesta in his prime is/was a beautiful player to watch no doubt. But imo Iniesta could never single handedly take over a game and win it. Obviously probably down to playing in a team full of excellent players and never really had the need to do it, but just can't see Iniesta take over games like Zidane used to do.

Guest firetotheworks

There's a lot of things Zidane could do that would be beyond iniesta

I'm inclined to agree with this, with the addage that it's a two-way thing.

Yeah, the goals scored thing isn't the be all and end all for me.

I imagine the likes of Zidane could have scored a lot more if he was more selfish, but that wasn't really his mindset.

Ronaldo is incredibly selfish at times no doubt, he's just more single minded that way. Far less of a team player when you actually watch his game.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't think you can accuse someone that scores that many goals as being selfish for shooting. If anything, not shooting would be absolutely fucking stupid. It's also a total myth that he's not a team player like, he absolutely is.