The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

Couldn't get enough of Zidane TBH, absolutely superb player. I've never seen anyone with better touch or awareness of space, incredible. Maybe Ronaldo gets more goals and is more explosive, but I'll never like him anywhere near as much as Zidane.

Guest palnese

Couldn't get enough of Zidane TBH, absolutely superb player. I've never seen anyone with better touch or awareness of space, incredible. Maybe Ronaldo gets more goals and is more explosive, but I'll never like him anywhere near as much as Zidane.

Zidane was incredible. Some crazy revisionism going on here. Goals aren't completely indicative of the best player. Romario got fuck loads of goals but he's not anywhere near the real top tier

Romario should be though.

Guest firetotheworks

I loved Zidane, but I think the way that he played is clouding people's judgement a bit, he was nowhere near on that level with consistency in the way that Messi and Ronaldo are.

Even Ronaldinho 2003/08 carried much more dominance than Zidane ever did.

Nah, no way. Ronaldinho had a two year peak at the absolute best man, Zidane had far more consistency than that. Ronaldinho did put Barcelona back on the map after a few years of decline and was a foundation to the winning sides after him, but as a player Zidane was better and had a better career as well.

Zidane was incredible. Some crazy revisionism going on here. Goals aren't completely indicative of the best player. Romario got f*** loads of goals but he's not anywhere near the real top tier

:lol:

Understand what you mean but Romario is in the real top tier though, top player in the early to mid 90s. Him and Roberto Baggio are the two best player of that generation as I consider Maradona more of a 80s player than a 90s player where he got into loads of trouble. Romario was far more than goals, in terms of talents few players reached his, unfortunately he was content being the best during his time than have ambitions to be the best of all times.

:thup:

I dunno, scored a lot of goals but also claimed a lot of goals. Technically he wasn't the greatest likne

Santoon, I don't want to be that guy, but you're talking out of your arse right now. Technically he was superior to most players during his generation if not all, his close control, individual creativeness, intelligence and movement on the pitch was out of this world. Problem with the guy was clearly that he was more interested in parties and just playing matches than training to be the absolute best. Think VI could confirm that he barely showed up to trainings at Barcelona and most clubs he played for.

I loved Zidane, but I think the way that he played is clouding people's judgement a bit, he was nowhere near on that level with consistency in the way that Messi and Ronaldo are.

That's fair enough, it was a bit like Mole said, if you had to pick a player over many years I'd probably pick CRonaldo, but if it was for the most important game I'd pick Zidane 10 out of 10 times and that's what makes a legend in my opinion. He just has that ability to turn it up a notch when it was needed. I think he needed that motivation to perform.

Even Ronaldinho 2003/08 carried much more dominance than Zidane ever did.

Nah, no way. Ronaldinho had a two year peak at the absolute best man, Zidane had far more consistency than that. Ronaldinho did put Barcelona back on the map after a few years of decline and was a foundation to the winning sides after him, but as a player Zidane was better and had a better career as well.

Zidane was incredible. Some crazy revisionism going on here. Goals aren't completely indicative of the best player. Romario got f*** loads of goals but he's not anywhere near the real top tier

:lol:

Understand what you mean but Romario is in the real top tier though, top player in the early to mid 90s. Him and Roberto Baggio are the two best player of that generation as I consider Maradona more of a 80s player than a 90s player where he got into loads of trouble. Romario was far more than goals, in terms of talents few players reached his, unfortunately he was content being the best during his time than have ambitions to be the best of all times.

:thup:

I know what you're saying, his goal record is def padded out a bit though! I wouldn't take it away from him but technical ability he was miles below Zidane imo

His goal record is bullshit man :lol: He started playing friendlies against shit teams in mid 2000s just so he could reach 1000 goals in his career :lol: Played amateur sides and counted them as career goals, officially he was never close to the 1000s.

:lol: yeah. Still got a fair few though

Just remember watching him desperately trying to reach 1000 goals in his career. Was like 40 or something and started forcing Vasco to arrange friendlies against tiny regional clubs in Rio where he would score 4 or 5 a game :lol: Such a legend. Much more occupied with women and alcohol than football, yet he managed to achieve everything he did.

How does Xavi fit into this? Or shola for that matter?

It's not all about goals.

Xavi is one of those that will always be remembered as a fantastic player but not in the same bracket as the top. Unfortunately, at his prime he was such an amazing footballer but I think both Iniesta and Messi outshone him a bit in the end.

Pretty sure VI said on here Romario was the most naturally gifted player he's seen at Barca. Which says a lot to his technical ability.

Aye, he was absurd; surreal close control and would always do whatever he wanted with the ball, and put it wherever he wanted. Only his laziness prevented him from being at the very top, imho.

Can't beat the absolutely pointless shouting down of world class player A isn't as good as world class player B.

Just enjoy footballers being fucking mint.

NO. Totti is the GOAT anyway imo

Totti's elbow 1-0 Nobby's dish

I dunno, scored a lot of goals but also claimed a lot of goals. Technically he wasn't the greatest likne

This is a fucking fabulous example of making up what you didn't see and don't know.

Lol good one, although I grew up in his era and I couldnt give a fuck what you think bruv

I was convinced you were under 30, like.