The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

Southampton have been fading for a while.  They've been getting results for weeks without being spectacular.  They're clearly a good team, but they've been overrated because of a good start, one in which they've had some favourable fixtures.  They'll be top 6-8 again easily, but beyond that I doubt they'll get near the champions league in the end.

You don't need to be anything but a good team this year. Newcastle are fifth. Chelsea aside, there's no one to have confidence stringing wins together for fun.

A point, but one won totally artlessly.

Okore played quite well, as did Clark, most of the rest of them were fucking rubbish.

The club is as moribund as I ever remember it being, and I saw most of the 86-87 relegation season.

Still, Lambert's brigade of cheerleaders in the media will continue to talk him up. Fucking hopeless.

Southampton have been fading for a while.  They've been getting results for weeks without being spectacular.  They're clearly a good team, but they've been overrated because of a good start, one in which they've had some favourable fixtures.  They'll be top 6-8 again easily, but beyond that I doubt they'll get near the champions league in the end.

You don't need to be anything but a good team this year. Newcastle are fifth. Chelsea aside, there's no one to have confidence stringing wins together for fun.

I'm not sure about that.  It may be true for right now, but I don't see Man Utd and Arsenal having almost infinite defensive injuries for the whole season.  Both of those sides are a few fit defenders from getting a good run of form together.  They traditionally finish the season stronger as well, especially Arsenal in recent years.  Southampton have played Tottenham and Liverpool of the supposedly top sides so far and that's it.  We'll know a lot more about their real potential after December and January, where their fixture run is literally horrendous.  They play a top side for about 6/8 games at one point.