The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

Nice moment of clarity for that pass to set Hazard free. Not sure who it was (edit: Fabregas, of course). Before that both teams had been lobbing it back and forth at each other.

Still a lot of work for Hazard to do though.

Nice moment of clarity for that pass to set Hazard free. Not sure who it was. Before that both teams had been lobbing it back and forth at each other.

Still a lot of work for Hazard to do though.

Fabregas, again.

Is Matic the best defensive midfielder in the world at the moment?

Lahm was stellar at DM last season. And there's Mascherano, Busquets, De Rossi. But Matic is in top form and only getting better.

De Rossi has been awful recently.

Seydou Keita has stepped up and done well for Roma though.

Mascherano still until Matic proves it in the latter stages of the Champions league IMO

Masch has spent the majority of the last 4 years playing centre half man.

Doesn't mean he isn't better as a defensive midfielder. Was class at the World Cup. Also is it only a destroyer type defensive midfielder we are talking about because I think Alonso is better too. You can't judge any best in the world comments until world cup or latter stages of Champions League IMO

Lahm was stellar at DM last season. And there's Mascherano, Busquets, De Rossi. But Matic is in top form and only getting better.

:thup: Also depends on how you see Schweinsteiger as he's also a better player in my opinion. Xabi Alonso is having a fantastic start in his Bayern career as well.

Mascherano still until Matic proves it in the latter stages of the Champions league IMO

Not the best DM in his team, but I would probably also pick Mascherano over Matic right now. But depends on the type of player you want.

:thup: Also depends on how you see Schweinsteiger as he's also a better player in my opinion. Xabi Alonso is having a fantastic start in his Bayern career as well.

Admittedly haven't watched much of Bayern this season, but I've heard that Schweinsteiger is doing less box-to-box work and more holding these days. Lovely player, still one of my favorites to watch.

Not the best DM in his team, but I would probably also pick Mascherano over Matic right now. But depends on the type of player you want.

Well if you include Busquets and players of that ilk I agree but wasn't sure if he was just talking about destroyer types