The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

The league below the Champions League places is usually pretty meh. I know Lewandowski was a big loss, and maybe some of the newer players haven't adapted, but I still find it totally unbelievably they could be anywhere near the bottom. Can't imagine a better team has ever been relegated (not including teams who were sent down as a punishment) ever?

What exactly has gone wrong at Dourtmund? Haven't seen any of their games beside the CL ones.

Genuinely curious about this as well. Seems they've just completely collapsed this season.

Any Bundesliga followers (Tooj? _01? Jillian?) have an explanation?

They can't score. The games I've seen of them this season they just don't seem to have a reliable #9. There's no Lewandowski anymore. Immobile and Ramos are good players, but they haven't adapted very well. Reus hasn't looked the same player this year in the league either.

It's not time to panic yet, but they will have to get points very soon or they'll be in a battle down south come end of the season. Still time to get away from that.

Immobile has been pretty much dreadful all season, he has really struggled to adapt to the Bundesliga. I'd be starting Ramos over him every day of the week, his style suits Klopps tactics a lot better as well. Mkhitaryan has been really poor too, you would expect him to be chipping in with a few goals but he hasn't scored any this season.

I'm pretty sure Klopp will resign in the summer no matter where BVB finish now. The fans have started to turn which is a bad sign seeing as their support has never wavered until now. I think he'll be in the Premier League in the next couple of years, either at City or Liverpool.

Where's Bender gone? I've not caught them too much this season but a Sahin/Gundogan centre doesn't seem like a good idea when the teams they're facing are so good on the counter. For a team that's in the position they're in, they don't half leave the space in front of the defence wide open, at times.

Going forward, they seem OK, but almost too fluid. They need more of a fixed point and some more purpose (which would come if they had more of a fixed point up top). It's a truly odd situation, I've only seen them play domestically in a few games this year and have never felt like they deserved to lose, but they're definitely going through the motions. It was good to see they were pressing quite high again tonight, in the first half at least, but have lost their edge when it comes to final third play; where's all that superfast, neat, intricate passing got to? The more I think about it, the more they just seem direction-less.

What exactly has gone wrong at Dourtmund? Haven't seen any of their games beside the CL ones.

Genuinely curious about this as well. Seems they've just completely collapsed this season.

Any Bundesliga followers (Tooj? _01? Jillian?) have an explanation?

They can't score. The games I've seen of them this season they just don't seem to have a reliable #9. There's no Lewandowski anymore. Immobile and Ramos are good players, but they haven't adapted very well. Reus hasn't looked the same player this year in the league either.

It's not time to panic yet, but they will have to get points very soon or they'll be in a battle down south come end of the season. Still time to get away from that.

Figured it might have something to do with struggling to replace Lewandowski. Have they tried playing Reus as a false 9? Or maybe swing PEA over to play CF, feel like he played there a fair bit with St. Etienne.