Siem de Jong (still alive)

Guest ManDoon

I was working on the building site next to the training ground last week and i was watching training while sitting on the scaffolding having my bait. De Jong looked very very good,took the piss out of the defenders(not that difficult to do).

spies!

At the moment he's more Carl Cort than anyone else.

But yes, I hope he does start tomorrow. Can imagine him being a Schweinsteiger type leader pointing people around which I think we need with someone like Sissoko to ensure he's always switched on.

I'm sticking with Viduka.

Eh? Looks nowt like Vidula to me, granted most of what I saw of him was playing for us.

One of them strikers you forget actually played for us. Quality on his day. So good with his back to goal.

Guest neesy111

I'm sticking with Viduka.

Eh? Looks nowt like Vidula to me, granted most of what I saw of him was playing for us.

One of them strikers you forget actually played for us. Quality on his day. So good with his back to goal.

Might be reference to his injury record.

It's refreshing to see our manager, who's clearly a football man - speak about our players and describe their style of play or their capabilities.

Wat? You mean you don't miss the ahhh siemo, 'im's got a bi' e magic, we was finkin vat mike and lee and graham and especially me when we've bought 'im over from the neverlends im's a baller wiv fret and a good egg to give us somefink extra special on the frun' foo'

Well the Bergkamp & Sheringham comparisons p*ss on the Nolan ones we've seen in the thread.

Aye, I was thinking Nolan with a better fundamental football skills.

Excited now.

Also must mean Wijnaldum's long term future is at CM. That is even more exciting to me.

I've never doubted that the long term plan for Wijnaldum is at CM. Considering he's new to the league, the lack of fitness throughout the squad due to the shocking pre season, the opposition of our opening fixtures and De Jong not being fit enough to start, it has made a whole lot of sense to ease him in a bit as a number 10. Hopefully we'll see him moved back sooner rather than later, maybe even starting tonight.

Well the Bergkamp & Sheringham comparisons p*ss on the Nolan ones we've seen in the thread.

When i said that i meant as in he's not gonna contribute much to overall midfield play from deep and he's great at ghosting in positions to score.

He's obviously a lot more intelligent and overall a much better footballer, Sheringham isn't a bad shout actually in terms of style although i do believe Sheringham was better.