Siem de Jong (still alive)

Guest ManDoon

Quite like this guy.

You could see in that first chance he had which Cisse blocked that he has great awareness. The first time pass he made out wide demonstrated he knew exactly where everyone was, and when the ball came to him he knew how to take his first touch to create space for the shot.

I think The front two would benefit from him too. They're young and will have spells (like Leicester & Palace) where they're not at the races. Someone like De Jong would be brilliant behind them imo.

Mitrovic Perez

De Jong

Wijnaldum xx Sissoko

There's potential there.

I think The front two would benefit from him too. They're young and will have spells (like Leicester & Palace) where they're not at the races. Someone like De Jong would be brilliant behind them imo.

Mitrovic Perez

De Jong

Wijnaldum xx Sissoko

There's potential there.

Agree there. spend good money on the xx  there and you've got for sure the makings of a decent attacking side.

I thought he was pretty solid. Showed some good link up, decent positions off the ball again, him nicking in for a header got the move started that saw Cisse save his shot. I'd start him at Villa, I think that's the game we'll need him more than any other. It's easy to forget he actually needs to adapt, even just to playing football rather than the league itself :lol:

Sissoko is too dangerous not to play like

Nah. Was a waste of a shirt the majority of the game today, and that is quite often the case.

Didn't see the game like but just saw highlights and he created two absolutely brilliant chances like

Nah. Was a waste of a shirt the majority of the game today, and that is quite often the case.

Didn't see the game like but just saw highlights and he created two absolutely brilliant chances like

And Shearer thought he was "absolutely outstanding"

I'm still not convinced by him, but if we can fit him, Perez and Mitro into the side somehow (and boot Cisse to the moon), he might be the calm, mature head needed behind those two young'uns. Let's see how we line up against Villa.

And Shearer thought he was "absolutely outstanding"

He was shite in the first half and looked to be sulking about and seemed so half arsed.  Got a bit more room in the second and whilst a bit wasteful at times, he was back to his best with some really powerful runs and was responsible for most of our good play.  Played a lovely through ball for Cisse, too.

On SDJ.  I quite like him.  He is probably our best passer of the ball, always looks to play it early and into the right areas.  He seems a really crafty player.  He is just so immobile and I'm not sure what his role will be for the rest of the season.  Mitrovic and Perez are too good to be riding the bench every week.  But then I don't see where de Jong plays, if we start them two?

The pass that set up the infamous Cisse save was mint. Didn't even look, just pinged it right in Papiss' path first time. I really hope he starts against Villa, I think he could make a massive difference as his one-touch play is just so quick, it should open up spaces for us much better around the box.

I think De Jong and Ayoze could be great together with some quick, one-touch interplay around the box. The only problem would be fitting them two and Mitrovic into a balanced team with Sissoko and Wijnaldum. Not really sure how we could do it without going all out attack and leaving ourselves massively exposed.

His play might not be overtly obvious but on the last 2 occasions he has played, his link up with Wijnaldum has been a positive. We need his intelligence and movement coupled with the excitement of Ayoze. All it needs is for McClaren to grow a pair and drop the French coward.

His play might not be overtly obvious but on the last 2 occasions he has played, his link up with Wijnaldum has been a positive. We need his intelligence and movement coupled with the excitement of Ayoze. All it needs is for McClaren to grow a pair and drop the French coward.

Colback isn't French.