Siem de Jong (still alive)

Guest ManDoon

Hoping he continues to improve with fitness. He can be useful for us. That said. Fucking horrific miss that should have given us 3 hugely important points. Let's hope those two or three points that would have been gained on relegation teams/villa won't cost us our premiership status come may.

3 starts and written off. Classic.

Hyperbolic wummery.

This man is keeping our best player out of the team when we are in a relegation battle and people are calling to continue giving this guy time to get used to the league :lol:

Aye, let's ensure he's used to it by the time the season ends and it's a clusterfuck.

Perez should definitely be picked ahead of him but there's no way I'm going to write SDJ off after a small amount of games.

There's room for all three. He shouldn't be keeping him out. Perez & De Jong behind Mitrovic, with Wijnaldum, Sissoko and one of Colback/Anita in midfield.

He's had 3 starts in God knows how long, first run of games in what, 18 months potentially? In the first two starts they weren't games where we were battering the opposition and him getting onto things. Today was the first real sniff of a goal (apart from Cisse's bastard head last week), he's had. I'll forgive him for being a bit rusty in those sorts of positions at this stage of this come back. I think he'd benefit from Ayoze & Mitrovic in the same side as him rather than instead of him, and I think the other two would benefit over a full 60-70 minutes from having De Jong's intelligence and vision there with them too.

There's just no urgency about him, and I'm not sure I see that changing however many chances he is given. Perez is better, so should play instead.

If he had a better midfield 2 behind him I think he'd be more effective. But yes he looks like he's trying to run in a swimming pool at times.

If he'd nodded that chance in I would've been pretty happy with his performance TBH. He interchanged well with people around him and almost never makes a mistake in possession. I think a lot of the criticism is amplified because he's keeping Perez out.

It was a massive, massive moment in the game, and indeed the season, and he blew it. Those 2 points could be huge in May, no excuses at all for that miss.

He's had 3 starts in God knows how long, first run of games in what, 18 months potentially? In the first two starts they weren't games where we were battering the opposition and him getting onto things. Today was the first real sniff of a goal (apart from Cisse's b****** head last week), he's had. I'll forgive him for being a bit rusty in those sorts of positions at this stage of this come back. I think he'd benefit from Ayoze & Mitrovic in the same side as him rather than instead of him, and I think the other two would benefit over a full 60-70 minutes from having De Jong's intelligence and vision there with them too.

Dat intelligence. Dat vision.

Not saying he should start over Perez. But he just came back and offers something else. We need 2 quality players in all positions and he can be quality imo...he just needs game time! no problem with that.

Think McClaren had to make important changes. It had nothing to do with perez performing bad...it was just something that had to be done! It worked, he played well and he needs minutes! It makes the squad stronger.

Sick of people screaming for Perez! (He is my favorite as well)

If he'd nodded that chance in I would've been pretty happy with his performance TBH. He interchanged well with people around him and almost never makes a mistake in possession. I think a lot of the criticism is amplified because he's keeping Perez out.

Yep.

Singling him out for 'He cost us the game with that miss!!!' type stuff in particular when good chances were missed by others, and he wasn't responsible for giving Ayew space to strike, doesn't really make sense.

It was a massive, massive moment in the game, and indeed the season, and he blew it. Those 2 points could be huge in May, no excuses at all for that miss.

If he'd slotted in that chance in I would've been pretty happy with his performance TBH.

It was a massive, massive moment in the game, and indeed the season, and Gini blew it. Those 2 points could be huge in May, no excuses at all for that miss.

Guest neesy111

Rather leave de jong in for link up play and dump Colback to get Perez in the team personnally

I think we need to put Thauvin in personally to get a balanced team.  All of our attaches on down our Right wing which makes it easier for the opposition to defend.

Rather leave de jong in for link up play and dump Colback to get Perez in the team personnally

I think we need to put Thauvin in personally to get a balanced team.  All of our attaches on down our Right wing which makes it easier for the opposition to defend.

Just think he's too weak to play every game, he appears to play so much better when he comes off the bench. Wasn't sure why it was Anita who made made for him though, we lost our legs in the middle after that because he was all over the place.

I actually like him as a player. Yeah he's not very quick, but he's very intelligent and is a good organizer. As others have said, the lad just needs a run of games. If anything, it shows how badly off we are in midfield and it's stupid how many players we have, that can play the no.10 role.

Perez will be sold next month, anyway.