2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Germany win again

Guest ManDoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's tragic how needy Brazil have become RE Neymar, he is a very good player, but he isn't even world-class and is nowhere near on the level of the players Brazil used to hero worship and never will be.

Aye. And above all, he's 22 years old ffs. Can't be healthy being worshipped like a god when you're just a kid.

Fair enough if that's your opinion geordiedean, but if you can't see the difference between a player getting injured pre-World Cup to a player getting injured during the World Cup. If you can't see the difference between violent fouls and disruptive fouls. Well then you probably should stick to watching Enner Valencia play at Pachuca since you seem to think he's a quality player that has it all.

It's your opinion that it sickening, but while I agree that this Brazil side has been an embarrassment it's better than any english side I've had the non-pleasure to watch in my life-time. It's also gone further than any of the English sides I've seen.

It's tragic how needy Brazil have become RE Neymar, he is a very good player, but he isn't even world-class and is nowhere near on the level of the players Brazil used to hero worship and never will be.

I don't see how you can say he'll never be when he's already one of the top scorers in the national side in history. I agree that he's no Ronaldo, no Pele, no Zico etc. But he's a damn good player who carried probably the most pressured sides of all times in a World Cup offensively. The only game they were without him they crumbled (even if I'm of the opinion Thiago Silva is far more important to the side).

Pretty amazing how far they've fallen in 10 years, like.

We didn't win shit between 70 and 94 either, the greatest team to ever play according to many didn't win anything either. We've failed massively as a nation in the last three World Cups but have still almost won every single tournament in between which makes it even more painful to fall in the big stage. In 2002 we weren't even considered good enough to go past the R16 as we almost failed to qualify. This is football, people like you, absolute clueless people, try to look at a much larger picture because of a slump. Last year everyone were so impressed, now it didn't work out that way. There's nothing more or less to it. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, just like Spain went out in the group stages I still believe them to be favourites for the next Euros with Germany.

Rattled.

Ronaldo's not even out fishing anymore, he's genuinely sharing his opinion which are absolutely ridiculous.

That Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka and Rivaldo is somewhat superior to Willian, Oscar, Neymar and Fred? :lol:

The f*** is wrong with him sitting on the bench? Serious question.

He's injured.

I've been told here that injured players on the bench makes a huge difference to the team's performance. :dontknow:

Going to be on the bench in uniform apprently. Said it's his choice and he wants to finish what he started with his teammates. Great attitude in my opinion. Could've easily just f***ed off instead of taking all the responsibility that he has in the last few days.

What a guy! What a hero!

Just think that unlike some players and the coaching staff that has gone hiding he has at least gone out and taken on the responsibility to be the face of the failure despite not having been on the pitch. It's a 22 year old who didn't crumble under pressure and carried the side until he was kicked to bits by a Chilean defender. I understand if you're unable to see past your hatred towards the kid though.

I don't hate Neymar at all. I hate the collective wankfest/circus surrounding him. Everything that goes on around him is like some Hollywood story designed to rouse emotions and show him as some sort of messiah. Also, I do think it's a lot easier to "take the blame" when you haven't played in the most embarrassing game in your nation's history due to an impact injury you couldn't do anything about.

As for Neymar the player, I think he's fantastically talented and apart from the odd diving bollocks, he conducts himself really well in general. I do hope though that for his sake and the sake of football, that his career doesn't fizzle out the way Robinho's and Ronaldinho's (in a way) did.

Must have touched a Nerve with Felipao it's embarrassing that this Brazil team is so revered. In my lifetime this is by far the worst other than maybe the 86 one. 2 forwards in Fred and Jo who sound like a couple of cowboy builders play like it too

To be OTT about David Luiz who resembles a dog chasing a beach ball and all this crying bollocks before and after the game. Standing there crying doing an interview it's your fault if you didn't charge around like a 10 yr old kid you wouldn't have let 7 goals in. And he then kneels down and prays at the end. What an absolute cunt he really is

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't see how you can say he'll never be when he's already one of the top scorers in the national side in history. I agree that he's no Ronaldo, no Pele, no Zico etc. But he's a damn good player who carried probably the most pressured sides of all times in a World Cup offensively. The only game they were without him they crumbled (even if I'm of the opinion Thiago Silva is far more important to the side).

He will never be a great player up their with the best, because he is simply not a great player. He is whole hearted, talented and exciting, but there are lots of players like him. England have a similar player in Sturridge.

His stats mean nowt to be honest, international football is on the decline and someone like Fred has favourable stats for Brazil and he's mediocre at best. Rooney will probably end up England's all-time top scorer yet for the majority he has been average in an England shirt and a major disappointment if truth be told.

For me this is a very poor Brazil side and Neymar is obviously it's best player and therefore a lot is made of him, that and the whole team Neymar thing, he is very marketable and is being sold well. I just feel the huge weight of importance attached to him is massively overplayed especially considering he is nowt special in relation to the true top players in world football.

Must have touched a Nerve with Felipao it's embarrassing that this Brazil team is so revered. In my lifetime this is by far the worst other than maybe the 86 one. 2 forwards in Fred and Jo who sound like a couple of cowboy builders play like it too

To be OTT about David Luiz who resembles a dog chasing a beach ball and all this crying bollocks before and after the game. Standing there crying doing an interview it's your fault if you didn't charge around like a 10 yr old kid you wouldn't have let 7 goals in. And he then kneels down and prays at the end. What an absolute c*** he really is

Have they been revered though? They are the home team and a huge footballing nation, to me it's pretty obvious they'll pull a lot of media coverage.

Going to be on the bench in uniform apprently. Said it's his choice and he wants to finish what he started with his teammates. Great attitude in my opinion. Could've easily just f***ed off instead of taking all the responsibility that he has in the last few days.

What a guy! What a hero!

Just think that unlike some players and the coaching staff that has gone hiding he has at least gone out and taken on the responsibility to be the face of the failure despite not having been on the pitch. It's a 22 year old who didn't crumble under pressure and carried the side until he was kicked to bits by a Chilean defender. I understand if you're unable to see past your hatred towards the kid though.

I don't hate Neymar at all. I hate the collective wankfest/circus surrounding him. Everything that goes on around him is like some Hollywood story designed to rouse emotions and show him as some sort of messiah. Also, I do think it's a lot easier to "take the blame" when you haven't played in the most embarrassing game in your nation's history due to an impact injury you couldn't do anything about.

As for Neymar the player, I think he's fantastically talented and apart from the odd diving bollocks, he conducts himself really well in general. I do hope though that for his sake and the sake of football, that his career doesn't fizzle out the way Robinho's and Ronaldinho's (in a way) did.

That's fair enough. I think some of it are OTT as well, but I think it's more of a team thing and it's media that portrays it like that. They just wanted to show him support, same way had it been Oscar injured. One thing Scolari does is build a family atmosphere well, he's tactically quite poor which usually doesn't matter in knockout stages where motivational skills are more important. We hit a wall against Germany, was a one-off. As for Neymar, I believe he comes from a good background and conducts himself so well outside the pitch that I'd be surprised if his career fizzlled out the way Ronaldinho's did. I think injuries might kill him, but not parties like Ronaldinhos.

Rattled.

Ronaldo's not even out fishing anymore, he's genuinely sharing his opinion which are absolutely ridiculous.

That Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka and Rivaldo is somewhat superior to Willian, Oscar, Neymar and Fred? :lol:

I'm not sure how I'm even going to answer that. If you can't see the mis-connection you made between the first four names then there's no help here. (and yes they are superior)

He's injured.

I've been told here that injured players on the bench makes a huge difference to the team's performance. :dontknow:

I don't remember anyone on here suggesting an injured Colo be named as a substitute, like. :lol:

To be OTT about David Luiz who resembles a dog chasing a beach ball and all this crying bollocks before and after the game. Standing there crying doing an interview it's your fault if you didn't charge around like a 10 yr old kid you wouldn't have let 7 goals in. And he then kneels down and prays at the end. What an absolute c*** he really is

Have they been revered though? They are the home team and a huge footballing nation, to me it's pretty obvious they'll pull a lot of media coverage.

This guy apparently watches loads of Enner Valencia at Pachuca. Bet if he didn't google he'd have no idea what colour Pachuca plays in.

What a guy! What a hero!

:thup: Exactly, good post.

Brazil's obession with Neymar has really worked against them. With their messiah in the team they saw themselves as invincible.

He's injured.

I don't remember anyone on here suggesting an injured Colo be named as a substitute, like. :lol:

Yeah, because the PL gives teams the possibility to field every squad player? Jesus Christ. Brazil aren't exaclty missing out on a substitute by having Neymar on the bench are they? Wow.

He's injured.

That spot Neymar takes in the squad might swing this to Holland.

If anything, this world cup just confirmed how good Neymar is as far as I'm concerned. The rest of his team mates look pretty ordinary, and the shit hoofball tactics instilled by Scolari did him no favours either, but there were more than enough glimpses of magic to suggest a real special talent in there. He's not just a goalscorer, he makes things happen.